Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
particals

what do I have to do to make a partical emitter work from Netradiant?

I tried adding func_pointparticals to a brush with these settings...
impulse 10
velocity 10

but it didn't work

(stardust worked but it is not configurable)

ps...( I am currently working with a nexuiz map seeing as I cant figure out the xonotic git yet.)

(05-07-2011, 04:52 PM)hutty Wrote: what do I have to do to make a partical emitter work from Netradiant?

I tried adding func_pointparticals to a brush with these settings...
impulse 10
velocity 10

but it didn't work

(stardust worked but it is not configurable)

func_pointparticles should work. Remember setting the "mdl" key (iirc) and usually also several others (such as count). Velocity is a vector so you have to set it to something like "10 5 -4" (e.g, without the quotes).

(05-07-2011, 04:52 PM)hutty Wrote: ps...( I am currently working with a nexuiz map seeing as I cant figure out the xonotic git yet.)
Well you don't have to either, get the development release: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=1750
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

I recommend you look at other maps that use particles then tweak from there. I have a map or two with particles but they were hosted on the alienTRAP forum which has now dissapeared. But yes you need to set the type of particles as well such as fire, sparks, smoke etc. which can be found in a text file somewhere in your game folder. Particles.txt or .cfg or something like that.

Good luck.
Hey, want to learn to map? You might want to start here and here!

I actuall have the dev balance release... however netradient only displays half the textures... the rest have that ugly "shader not found thing" and its kind of hard to map without knowing what the textures look like...

(05-08-2011, 03:45 PM)hutty Wrote: I actuall have the dev balance release... however netradient only displays half the textures... the rest have that ugly "shader not found thing" and its kind of hard to map without knowing what the textures look like...

which textures is the radiant unable to load? are you sure these are in xonotic?
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

screenshot on attachment

Attached Files
.png   netrad1.png (Size: 53.96 KB / Downloads: 116)

sorry to double post but... I figured out how to get a fire partical system from looking at another map (mdl = fire_big)

now where to find that file........ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

http://pavlvs.nexuizninjaz.com/effectinfo.txt?
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

The textures displaying problem isn't only Yours. I have the same thing.

Ok, ppl. Problem solved. If anybody else has the same problem:
Just use git version of netradiant which is netradiant-1.5.0-20110701.
It should be located like this: Xonotic/mapping/netradiant-1.5.0-20110701