Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
NERD STATION , WHATS YOURS?

Mine:
[Image: pSrXcS6.jpg]

Is that awesomewm(looks like you got gnome-desktop icons in right corner which I think I remember awesomewm had)? I used the exact same BG when I used awesomewm long time ago, what a coincidence. =o

Here is mine:

(05-31-2011, 06:05 AM)N1mbus Wrote: [img][Image: f549fd-1306839567.jpg][/img]

I love the contrast between my Commodore Amiga and my iMac Smile
And I know that Linux Mint is totally unnerdy, but I like it anyway Tongue
I was not in Japan, there is nothing unhealthy about my bright head in the mirror display Big Grin

Amiga! Are you red or blue? I'm a bit lost forumwise as my "home forum" was Moobunny and it has imploded due to Webmaster drama earlier this year, after almost 20 years. Sad

http://moobunny.dreamhosters.com/general/

edit: (WTF is he talking about?) Red vs blue refers to an Amiga community split issue, and Moobunny was a very old Amiga forum where (among other things all Amiga history happening or at least mirrored here) flamewars raged for almost 2 decades.

Big Grin [Image: Battlestation.png]
[Image: 38443.png]

Love the glowy stuff!
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

Hey hey! Big hugs to everyone! That's the setup I use with brand new keyboard (I thought I would share how it looks with you) I am very proud of it!

[Image: new_map.jpg]

On the screen is the map I am working on now, on second there is material editor (realtime stuff!)

Nice justin! I see a crystal cave book to your left there. Do you actually sketch out your maps before putting them in game? Big Grin Also, any hints on what type of map you're making?
[Image: 38443.png]

What what... Keyboard... I a a a wacom only...oh wait... Now I see it.

Yea looking awesome overall. How thick is that crystalline cave book? Interesting is the other thing, what is that game/ engine/ editor?

Is it the new Unreal Tournament editor on your screens? Big Grin

Heh, Splat: I actually draw every map I make: Top down sketches, perspective views, side views, intersections, models. This map would probably crash Xonotic and if not the FPS would be around 1/10.

AA: Crystal book isn't thick. It consists of 14 pages. Engine is called UE 4 and the Game is...

Good guess, SpiKe! haha!

My nerd station received a significant upgrade this summer, corner desk Big Grin

[Image: IMAG0313.jpg]
[Image: 4766.png]
[My personal website: AquaNova ] - <> - [Ingame: <PsyX> :::: <-Archer-< :::: ]

Oh no you can see my post on the screen!!!

Looking nice, is that a half keyboard?

(09-09-2015, 05:59 PM)aa Wrote: Oh no you can see my post on the screen!!!

Looking nice, is that a half keyboard?

The little one on the left? Yeah kinda Tongue

It's a MIDI keyboard with 32 keys, it's more for quick brainstorming while producing haha, useful to have in reach. The larger one on the right is the one I play on to relax Big Grin

So.... Where is the one you play to make actual music?.)

There is also you little Marxian friend further in the corner.

Hotdog, not sure if it's dwm but I've had exactly that background with dwm and similar colors on bar and highlight Tongue

And you made exact the same comment two years ago Big Grin

(09-26-2013, 02:18 PM)machine! Wrote: Is that awesomewm(looks like you got gnome-desktop icons in right corner which I think I remember awesomewm had)? I used the exact same BG when I used awesomewm long time ago, what a coincidence. =o

(09-11-2015, 10:09 AM)machine! Wrote: Hotdog, not sure if it's dwm but I've had exactly that background with dwm and similar colors on bar and highlight Tongue

(09-10-2015, 04:23 PM)aa Wrote: So.... Where is the one you play to make actual music?.)

Well... that would be the mouse haha Tongue Although I started recording more and more actual play on the small keyboard recently for production, but I barely have time for this stuff anymore unfortunately.

And yea, I totally love plasma globes, if that's what you meant with Marxian friend, but I love lava lamps even more Big Grin

Archer! What do you mean: "barely no time for this stuff anymore"? You got me anxious there.

(09-12-2015, 03:59 AM)Justin Wrote: Archer! What do you mean: "barely no time for this stuff anymore"? You got me anxious there.

I'm studying computer science, but it's taking up a lot of my time, to the point where I pretty much only have spare time during weekends.

I'll still make music, but not as much as in the holidays Tongue

(09-11-2015, 12:39 PM)Archer Wrote: And you made exact the same comment two years ago Big Grin

(09-26-2013, 02:18 PM)machine! Wrote: Is that awesomewm(looks like you got gnome-desktop icons in right corner which I think I remember awesomewm had)? I used the exact same BG when I used awesomewm long time ago, what a coincidence. =o

(09-11-2015, 10:09 AM)machine! Wrote: Hotdog, not sure if it's dwm but I've had exactly that background with dwm and similar colors on bar and highlight Tongue

LOL haha!

(09-11-2015, 12:39 PM)Archer Wrote:
(09-10-2015, 04:23 PM)aa Wrote: So.... Where is the one you play to make actual music?.)

Well... that would be the mouse haha Tongue Although I started recording more and more actual play on the small keyboard recently for production, but I barely have time for this stuff anymore unfortunately.

And yea, I totally love plasma globes, if that's what you meant with Marxian friend, but I love lava lamps even more Big Grin

Yes yes, i actually meant Martian, not Marxist. But who knows, maybe martians are marxists?

My "nerd" station :

Archer: CS?!? Welcome to the team! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

just got somewhat organized tonight.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: 14402.png]

So, this is my "nerd station". Don't mind the mess.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: 9214.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for someone to create station ID's end user 0 3,417 07-08-2016, 12:28 AM
Last Post: end user
  FREE MUSIC - post yours! The mysterious Mr. 4m 4 6,446 02-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Last Post: lopho
  Your Xonotic station. ImpulseNine 21 28,942 05-21-2010, 04:29 PM
Last Post: NetMassimo
  The Regurgitator! (Whats the song) kojn^ 5 6,882 05-10-2010, 06:39 AM
Last Post: kojn^