Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Community activities?

Maybe we could do more stuff together as a community, here on the forums. I was thinking along the lines of things like discussing your favourite music, world events, photography etc.

Question is, would anyone be interested?
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

I think we should activate ourselves more on PUBLIC servers as a community...
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

It would be nice to get all the 'Blenderheads' together, show off you unrelated work Smile

Did someone say photography? BAM: http://antzucaro.com/photography/.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

(05-11-2011, 12:11 PM)C.Brutail Wrote: I think we should activate ourselves more on PUBLIC servers as a community...
well, yeah. Also it would be nice to see a votable-gamemode server back online. No way to play a public freezetag for example (which was quite popular for a while some time ago), at least in Europe.

(05-11-2011, 07:45 PM)Antibody Wrote: Did someone say photography? BAM: http://antzucaro.com/photography/.
i really like your blog Antibody. It's lovely. I'm reading it quite regulary, since that time when you had link to it in your signature.
Btw. it seems grandpas are pretty similiar all over the world Smile
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

i suppose i could make some music , or some cartoons , or sumthink.....

maybe play the game....

gee , idk WHAT TO DO

i could....

t

:^

Ohh okay. I'll start.
Rec. Music: Beethoven sonata no 29 hammerklavier, Rach 3, theres no sympathy for the dead, conquest of paradise (good for game background music)
Photos: ... um
World events : Earth hour! And TGC game show!
E=mc ^ 2 only applies to rest bodies. The one we should be using is E=mc^2 √1 - v^2/c^2 Smile

(05-12-2011, 10:02 AM)emrys merlin Wrote: Ohh okay. I'll start.
Rec. Music: Beethoven sonata no 29 hammerklavier, Rach 3, theres no sympathy for the dead, conquest of paradise (good for game background music)
Photos: ... um
World events : Earth hour! And TGC game show!

The Rach 3 is truly amazing and a personal favorite - especially how the piano enters the second movement. Can you play it?
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Big Grin Noo that's insane...
E=mc ^ 2 only applies to rest bodies. The one we should be using is E=mc^2 √1 - v^2/c^2 Smile

gimmie the tune and ill try to remix it :p

t

(05-12-2011, 10:57 AM)chooksta Wrote: gimmie the tune and ill try to remix it :p

t

Hands off the Rach 3! Seriously, processing such a piece of almost devine composition with an electro sequencer would be a sacrilege. To me, the Rach 3 is of similar inhuman ingeniousness as the Mozart Requiem (or as most of Mozart's pieces actually...). I once encountered someone who did his own version of the Mozart Requiem with drum and bass and electro sounds and he was pretty proud of it... when I was forced to listen to it I almost forgot that I strictly object to violence.

An interesting fact is btw that professional pianists that are able to play this piece (not so many to begin with) compared the phyiscal effort of playing this piece to shovelling about 10 tons of coal - and this not because of the physical aspects of hitting so many keys (it's one of the hardest pieces to play for piano ever) but also the massive emotional power it contains.

There's even a film sort of dedicated to this piece of music: Shine. A very dramatic film with the Rach 3 as one of the key elements, featuring Armin Muller Stahl and an excellent sound track. The link shows the scene where the protagonist performs the Rach 3 for the first time in public and is, in the end, overpowered by it. It's a very good film imho though not really the genre most of this forum's members probably like so never mind me :o)
My Xonstats Profile

We should have tea parties and share spouses.
bye / bad luck and have boredom

gimme the tune anyway , so i can listen to it (then cut the sh,t out of it) (im not saying there is sh,t init btw)
(comon , just 4 fun , sh,ts and giggles ftt)

also im up for spouse sharing.

t party!

Just go to youtube, search for Horowitz Rach 3.
Im in China so, can't go onto youtube.
O yea, Halogene, have u ever listened to the "Hammerklavier" before. That one (1st and 2nd mvt), I think, beats rach 3.

Oh and Prokofiev 2nd piano concerto! Scary stuff!

@kuniu: thanks! It's an outlet for stuff that would otherwise slip out of my memory Big Grin

Maybe I should put some xonotic stuff up there, like how I process interviews and render demos and such. /me thinks...
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

(05-13-2011, 07:45 AM)emrys merlin Wrote: O yea, Halogene, have u ever listened to the "Hammerklavier" before. That one (1st and 2nd mvt), I think, beats rach 3.

Oh and Prokofiev 2nd piano concerto! Scary stuff!

Well it is for sure very good but I never found Beethoven was able to really "connect" to me. But that's probably just me (connection refused client side? Dunno).

Prokofiev is very cool too. I have that in my collection as well :o)
My Xonstats Profile

If you really want to talk about music then we should make a separate thread for it! This thread was for seeing what people might be interested in, rather than discussing those topics.

(05-11-2011, 11:31 AM)ThePWTULN Wrote: Maybe we could do more stuff together as a community, here on the forums. I was thinking along the lines of things like discussing your favourite music...

Oh, I got you wrong then. Sorry. I'll just shutup better.
My Xonstats Profile

http://ompldr.org/vOG9ndg/chooky%20piano....t%201.mp3

OHG SHIT , I BETTER NOT POST THIS HERE THEN AY , ILL JUST DELEATE THIS POST

(click)

t

(05-13-2011, 10:16 AM)Halogene Wrote:
(05-11-2011, 11:31 AM)ThePWTULN Wrote: Maybe we could do more stuff together as a community, here on the forums. I was thinking along the lines of things like discussing your favourite music...

Oh, I got you wrong then. Sorry. I'll just shutup better.

Don't take it the wrong way, I just wanted to see what people thought about discussion/activity threads like the examples I gave, instead of talking about those topics.

Yes, that's what I realized. I misunderstood you Smile

No harm done.
My Xonstats Profile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Community Game Night Ulrich 7 7,135 06-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Last Post: -z-