Create an account

Poll: MW3 or BF3 ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
17.86%
5 17.86%
Battlefield 3
42.86%
12 42.86%
I don't care / Whatever / I dunno
39.29%
11 39.29%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
MW3 or BF3?

@Halogene - and you play xonotic, haha ? Wait, you play without gibs?
Hmm, I don't really mind unless is brutal and detailed, otherwise it's just a game, I don't pay attention to it.

Yes of course I disable gibs. I don't like to have a gorey mess all around only to gross me out. I play to have fun :o)

I played MW:Ghost Recon part of the introductory mission because it came with my GPU years ago and I killed two people in the introductory mission, then I stopped. I didn't sleep well for two nights. It was a horrible experience and I am not joking about that. I am still able to recall the map and situation. Somehow I can't imagine playing something simulating real war, in consideration of what war is like I seem to be unable to take it as a game.

Xonotic is totally different from that imho as it clearly emphasizes the arcade gameplay and is deliberately and utterly unrealistic.

But go on discussing those realistic war simulations, I am taking this thread only off topic.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(07-19-2011, 04:17 AM)Exitium Wrote:
(07-19-2011, 12:05 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: Boycotting Battlefield 3 here and dodging Modern Warfare 3 as well. Do some google searches and you'll probably find out why I'm not going to have anything to do with Battlefield 3. At least there's Red Orchestra 2 to look forward to.

Mod support, or what?

There's a line or two in Origin's (EA's answer to Steam which will be required to run the game) license agreement that I don't like which says you may lose your account and ALL GAMES ASSOCIATED WITH IT if you go 24 months without using it. Also it's looking like EA is going to try to shove DLC down our throats and not have any mod support for the game what so ever. It should also be noted that any and all "physical" copies of the game will merely be a DVD case with a key in it... no disc at all.

http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/#section5

@ Halogene
lol I can only imagine what your reaction would be to some of the games I have. Two of my favorite games are actually on the top ten most violent list, they are Escape from Butcher Bay and The Warriors. You should give those a try some time! lol That also reminds me LOADED (lol American box art has "BODY BAG NOT INCLUDED" as a subtitle) was among one of the first games I played for the PS1 games I played as a kid as was Mortal Kombat 3.

(07-19-2011, 09:11 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: @ Halogene
lol I can only imagine what your reaction would be to some of the games I have. Two of my favorite games are actually on the top ten most violent list, they are Escape from Butcher Bay and The Warriors. You should give those a try some time! lol That also reminds me LOADED (lol American box art has "BODY BAG NOT INCLUDED" as a subtitle) was among one of the first games I played for the PS1 games I played as a kid as was Mortal Kombat 3.

Nah, consider me a sissy, I won't try them out. I don't intend to build character, at least not in that direction :oP
My Xonstats Profile

i think the banana wins.

[Image: dzdaozezxexnl86tnckg_thumb.jpg]
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

That picture is soo apple.
My Xonstats Profile

banana... apple... reminds me of a mini movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5sq0am3HdI

baaannnaaaaannnnaaaaaa!!! Big Grin

So MW3 or BF3? Who cares? Tongue

[Image: apfel.jpg]

i dont think this one looks better
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Hmmm... I´m getting hungry! Tongue

I really enjoyed BF2142. It and Nexuiz were the only two FPS's I really put time into. I'm looking forward to BF3, I have it pre-ordered. I'm willing to give it a chance.

Albeit, IMO, CoD 1 was the best CoD, with CoD 4 as runner up. The rest are junk.