Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Verbal Awards

I used to play a lot of UT2K4. I love verbal awards. They are often more important than points. Two that come to mind that are missing i absolutely love are.

FIRST BLOOD!

DENIED!

I was playing a CTF game during XWIT i got completely Denied i mean i was humping my team flag, and got owned. I screamed out Denied when it happened. I think this is a classic goody that should be included.

I'm a vicious player, i mean i would kill a person and dance on their corpse, so naturally First Blood is probably one of my favorite awards. It sets the tone of a 1v1 game when that is called out. I always get giddy when i get that one.

Oh and i would be glad to provide samples. I always wanted to be the announcer. : )

What do you guys think? Can you think of others that you would like to see.

TickleMeElmo

I definitely agree with this. One thing that I missed in Nexuiz was the announcer announcing how many kills you made (e.g. TRIPLE KILL!!! and RAGE!!!). It definitely gives you motivation to try and get more kills. I think this feature should definitely be a part of Xonotic.

Hell yeah I want that! I used to love it in OpenArena!
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

Yes! And you can't say anymore that it's copying from UT or Quake-series, because so many other titles uses it anyway.

However, I think that those announcer voices should match better to Xonotic's current theme. UT'ish gruff and brutal "MONSTER KILL" or "HOLY SHIT" just doesn't fit to the Xonotic theme - I think those voice clips should be more "robotic" or something like that. Of course, they shouldn't be lame - powerful announcer voice, but not as "brutal" than UT has. And this is just my opinion.

yeah sounds greatWink

sth like:

annihalation
Bloodbath
onslaught
aimbotting

are always greatWink

or the voice screams : sb has to kill him!! after 10 kills maybeWink
really entertaining.

There should also be at least one announcement for getting, say 10 or 15 kills with the the same weapon in one life, for each weapon -- in a similar vein as UT's "Combo Whore", "Flak Monkey", and "Head Hunter". Or at least, one for each of certain general categories of attacks -- one for sniping headshots, one for explosives, one for scattershot-type weapons, one for rapidfire, and maybe one for knocking people off the map.

(05-15-2011, 02:19 PM)BeefotronX Wrote: and maybe one for knocking people off the map.

I agree with this only 100%. I have often though knocking people off the map was more fun than killing them. Maybe the announcer could yell out "Bitch Slapped" , or something funny like that. This kinda reminds me of a toilet kill from half life 2.

really, there is already announcer voices, for things like "airshot" "awesome" etc. so basically, all we need to do is expand it with more events.

so really, just start making the audio files. someone will implement them eventually Wink
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Big +1 for this suggestion. A sweet sound track can really make the difference between a good game and a mediocre one. Given that we already have plenty of awesome musicians, it seems only fitting that there are a few extra sounds. Pretty much all the suggestions so far seem really cool, though I'd like to suggest some Mortal Kombat style sounds (FIGHT, FLAWLESS VICTORY, FINISH HIM, etc).

Perhaps some "jeers" rather than taunts? Smile
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

Here's some announcer suggestions:

ELECTROBITCH! (could bring it back since some of the taunts have profanity anyway)
That's gotta be aimbotting! (saw this one used in a frag video somewhere... it was used for air-to-air nex shots)
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

THIS!

"Awesome, did you Yoda show you that?"

If I try to make new announcer voices like a described (more "electronic" voice), who will vote for them? I'm just curious if someone else likes this - if nobody else support my idea, then I will not even start making those. If you're like "Give a shot", then I'll check what I can do - when I have less exams. Big Grin

I would vote for them, I can say that Xonotic can use this feature. As you say "Give it a shot".

I'd like them, too! ;D
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

We'll it seems I should try to create something, 2 positive comments is enough for me. Smile I'll start working tomorrow, after one big exam Smile (C-programming, derp o.O)

Good luck on your exam Smile

I'm actually kind of glad they went away, if they were re-implemented I would probably turn mine off (possible through console I hope?) I prefer to have ambient sounds turned up instead so I can here footsteps, jumpads, doors etc.

Also I like the ones like "I see the flag" cause they actually have a point. We could use more of those.

(05-16-2011, 06:01 AM)Mirio Wrote: THIS!

"Awesome, did you Yoda show you that?"

YES! BRING IT BACK, I MISS THAT ANNOUNCEMENT!
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

*bump*

Any news on this topic? I would love to hear some UT-style announcements in Xonotic! Big Grin
[Image: 9216.png] Web: YouTubeSoundCloudFlickrzykure.de[unconnected]
IRC: #uc.xonotic #xonotic #xonotic.de #xonotic.pickup

I'm still waiting on this to be merged. A bug has gone unnoticed since 2010, which removed kill spree announcements. I'll see what I can do.

http://dev.xonotic.org/issues/1167

whether I vote for them or not ... depends on whether or not I like them ... electronically can either be very good .... or very bad ... depending on how you do it ...

tbh ... I would like to hear the anouncer as if its over some sort of digital radio with bad reception ....

for example ... the distortion messing with this tune http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005660 (flash ... press down arrow to play ) (also minor spoiler alert)

also ... please keep profanity out ... I would prefer if it was removed from the taunts too ...

yes ... I play with gibs off too ...

(08-23-2012, 01:01 PM)hutty Wrote: for example ... the distortion messing with this tune http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005660 (flash ... press down arrow to play ) (also minor spoiler alert)

wat

UPDATE:

Those announcements indeed work in current autobuild.

Yes!

The announcer does not seem to work on my autobuild for some reason though, I have tried on both local games and games on the server.

Anyone know why this may be?