Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[SUGGESTION] Support for Quake 3 models

Hi, i suggest support for Quake 3 player models in Xonotic. There is a lot of old good Quake 3 models that i want to use, so it would be nice with Quake 3 support, or is it possible already? Or at least it would be good with Nexuiz support, since i have some Nexuiz models that i want to keep.

(05-16-2011, 10:21 AM)Icyton Wrote: Hi, i suggest support for Quake 3 player models in Xonotic. There is a lot of old good Quake 3 models that i want to use, so it would be nice with Quake 3 support, or is it possible already? Or at least it would be good with Nexuiz support, since i have some Nexuiz models that i want to keep.

I'd love to see some of those quake models brought to xonotic. Is that legal tho?

(05-18-2011, 09:36 AM).Danny. Wrote:
(05-16-2011, 10:21 AM)Icyton Wrote: Hi, i suggest support for Quake 3 player models in Xonotic. There is a lot of old good Quake 3 models that i want to use, so it would be nice with Quake 3 support, or is it possible already? Or at least it would be good with Nexuiz support, since i have some Nexuiz models that i want to keep.

I'd love to see some of those quake models brought to xonotic. Is that legal tho?

Nope, it's illegal to copy retail Quake 3 models to any game, which has no approval of id Software. And Xonotic can only use models which are GPL-licensed.

(05-18-2011, 09:39 AM)Exitium Wrote:
(05-18-2011, 09:36 AM).Danny. Wrote:

Nope, it's illegal to copy retail Quake 3 models to any game, which has no approval of id Software. And Xonotic can only use models which are GPL-licensed.

Well, i mean that you should be able to add Quake3 models to the game if you want to, not include them.

That's still illegal. The models belong to Id software, and copying them for use ins something else is a violation of copyright law.
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

i think he talks about custom player models
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

(05-20-2011, 09:38 AM)Cortez666 Wrote: i think he talks about custom player models

He talks about model format support.

oh. my apologies then.
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

And i don't really want to use the ID-software models, i want to use the custom Quake3 models, and yes i was talking about model format support.

I want this too.

The shadow said no, so we just have to eat it. Bollocks :/

Quake 3 model format is as such:

Directory format:

models/players/[modelname]

(ex: models/players/TheSpartan )

Then inside [modelname] directory is 3 md3 files.

head.md3
lower.md3
upper.md3

then textures and skin files.

However, really, don't make feature requests here. It's not going to happen. If you want something, as they say "code it yourself".

I swapped out some of my announcer sounds and nex sounds with quake III announcer and railgun sounds.
I don't see any difficulty with porting them over for your own personal use.. Been thinking about porting tank jr over personally for myself. I've only had this game for a couple days, so I really havent gotten my feet wet with customizing stuff yet. But that will certainly come (most likely after the holidays)
[Image: pontiniusslimsignature.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Allow models and sprites together Ashurion-Neonix 0 443 05-04-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Ashurion-Neonix
Question Is adding a Quake-like laser to the main game a good idea? cushinga 2 1,076 03-28-2023, 04:59 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  [SUGGESTION] Power-ups like in Quake/Nexuiz Classic DrAndi 2 2,662 02-06-2022, 01:35 AM
Last Post: z411
Question [SUGGESTION] Oculus VR Rift support O_Samen 45 47,718 04-25-2020, 04:49 PM
Last Post: MirceaKitsune
  [SUGGESTION] iPadOS Support KevDoy 8 4,662 11-23-2019, 08:43 AM
Last Post: martin-t
  [SUGGESTION] New Player Models and Sizes Beagle 8 7,273 11-15-2015, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon models and vehicle cockpit FOV independant from game FOV Lee_Stricklin 2 4,837 07-12-2012, 05:02 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Game-models to try for? MajorYokoyurik0 28 22,159 07-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Last Post: K__
  [SUGGESTION] Can we have fireball traps like in quake? Fireball 12 13,953 09-22-2011, 10:04 PM
Last Post: catfish
  [SUGGESTION] To put or not put in the new weapon models, that is the question? Squigger 15 13,773 07-02-2011, 05:20 AM
Last Post: tZork