Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Weapon glow issues

Before completely getting my hands on it, I already see some major problems in the screenshots showing off the new weapon glow. Hopefully these screenshots will point out the problems so that they can be fixed before 1.0.

Here's what I spotted:
Weapon sights and parts of the weapons not initially painted with player color, now have player color which looks VERY bad.

The glow is EXCESSIVELY bright which will cause MAJOR DISTRACTIONS in first person view.

Fixes:
Get rid of player color on weapon sights and weapon parts that already had their own glow.

Tone it down so that I don't have to wear sunglasses, turn off bloom, and/or lower my contrast and brightness to play not to mention let me focus on what's happening in the game instead of getting distracted by my weapon. I HAVE ADHD DAMMIT!

Screenshots, maximize them to see what I'm pointing at as a lot of details aren't visible in the thumbnails:
[Image: mmbkut7rpinl6k1k_thumb.jpg]
[Image: pa56bdyx898f4umnhik9_thumb.jpg]
[Image: jfmp4j824pwr66u60a6_thumb.jpg]
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

well we'll get a new electro, right?
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

i think this effect would be much improved on weapons that are actually modeled and textured with this effect in mind, (which WILL happen, eventually)

really, the only weapon which has improved visually as a result of this is the hagar.
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

The main thing that annoys me is that player color got applied to areas that already had their own glow and weapon sights (though on a side note, I'd rather have a pink sight over a green one so maybe the shotgun was a bad example). In my opinion it should only be applied where player color already existed as the weapons simply don't look right with it applied in the other areas.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

No offense but I think the electro glow is better to be kept blue
E=mc ^ 2 only applies to rest bodies. The one we should be using is E=mc^2 √1 - v^2/c^2 Smile

I think not.....

Fitst I love the new glows They ad distinctive character to the game... rather than just another open source fps

Second The electro needs to have team color glow because many times when I am tired in nexuiz and getting -5 i get team switched and dont realize it... I pick up electro and sublimely assume that I am blue because the electro is blue... But I am really red and end up getting team mates mad......

They could be toned down a little jsut DONT TOUCH THE SHOTGUN!!!... its perfect.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weapon Balance Changes [PROPOSE/DISCUSS/REFINE] _para 2 1,807 03-19-2021, 10:43 AM
Last Post: _para
  [SUGGESTION] XonStats weapon graphs regardless of past games played Antares* 1 2,672 12-21-2016, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Antibody
  [SUGGESTION] Two issues I want some thoughts on Smilecythe 5 6,525 09-26-2016, 06:04 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon Balance and Presentation 2016 hutty 28 19,662 07-18-2016, 08:54 AM
Last Post: aa
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon model ideas - Post here! Beagle 7 6,069 04-09-2016, 02:11 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Limited weapon slots & customizable spawn weapons MirceaKitsune 38 34,560 09-14-2014, 04:19 AM
Last Post: end user
  [SUGGESTION] Overkill mod: Nex balance issues unfa 12 12,401 06-16-2014, 11:11 AM
Last Post: tZork
  [SUGGESTION] per-weapon/vehicle camera toggling Lee_Stricklin 5 6,155 09-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Last Post: kammy
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon damage Damasco 17 14,398 07-31-2013, 07:20 AM
Last Post: ShuffleShot
  [SUGGESTION] Share your opinions only on weapon balance! rocknroll237 67 52,293 02-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo