Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Video uploading from Xonotic to Youtube works again!

Yes, you've read it right folks! divVerent is at it again, with his latest commit you can record to ogv ingame and upload directly to Youtube again!
Take that Google!

Here's some proof video footage for ya:

[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Sweet. If we get more Xonotic in-game videos up, that would probably generate some interest.

If anyone has a video showing off some awesome Xonotic action, do let me know. I will favorite it on our official channel.

Also, for those interested in generating Ogg Theora videos I recommend the following capture settings for the best quality:

Quote:cl_capturevideo_ogg_theora_quality 63
cl_capturevideo_ogg_theora_keyframe_bitrate_multiplier 2
cl_capturevideo_ogg_theora_keyframe_maxinterval 500 //if you are using 100fps for your capture
cl_capturevideo_ogg_theora_noise_sensitivity 0
cl_capturevideo_ogg_vorbis_quality 10

Take note: these settings are for Ogg stuff only. It won't change your capture resolution or your HUD elements.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

wow awesome!!! great work!
There's nothing better than getting off you butt and contributing to a community. There is no excuse when it comes to computers. Spend a little of you playing time, giving back Smile

Wow, this is a very nice feature! No more huge AVI video files. Now updating my Git, I see that lots of improvements have happened during my absence! I must have been out of the loop for way too long. Confused

* goes to play *

so, care for a quick tutorial/how-to ? Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tutorial video for absolute newbies BuddyFriendGuy 6 5,591 12-06-2016, 08:31 AM
Last Post: Antibody
  Module (music) support for Darkplaces (again) [test it] nilyt 8 8,405 04-21-2015, 08:24 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
Video Weapon tutorial video: Electro. HELP NEEDED CuBe0wL 7 7,716 07-14-2011, 05:22 AM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
  Screwing around with gameplay settings again Lee_Stricklin 4 5,831 01-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Last Post: CuBe0wL