Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movement tutorial : Am I right ?

Well well, there are a couple things from the movement tutorial I just don't get.

Bunnyhop : Ok.
Forward Turning : The more gain speed, the less you are able to turn with you mouse only. OK
Strafe Turning : Much narrow turns, ok.

Steep Strafe turning : As far as I can get it, You basically do a regular strafe turn, but you move your mouse too fast. So you lose some speed. But that is better than hitting a wall.
Air control : Now that gets complicated. I can bunnyhop with diagonal movement ? Can it help me gain speed, or not ? Will it let me take narrower turns ?

Oh, and : will the speed/accelerometer be back in the autobuild ?

Thanks !

Simboubou: the physics have changed a bit since the tutorial video has been edited.
Basically, now, you don't lose much speed by using only strafing.
But I let experts answering your questions more into details.
Fat.bot.Slim

hud_panel_physics 1 to get the speedmeter. Can be enabled in the HUD editor.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

Simboubou, the speedometer and accelerometer never left. They should be in the menus as before (i.e. not enabled by default, but just a checkbox away).

The tutorial is still relevant even though the physics and balance have changed since it was made. I'd recommend bringing up the accelerometer and playing around a bit. Everyone has different preferences for their mouse configuration, so you have to find a good sensitivity for you to both aim and move well with minimal difficulty. The *meters just give you hard numbers by which you can judge.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Ok, I have scanned though the options, and wasn't able to turn on these features. I eventually used the advanced settings. The speedmeter is here, though the accelerometer is flikering and is barely readable...

(06-13-2011, 03:19 PM)Simboubou Wrote: though the accelerometer is flikering and is barely readable...
i cannot disagree on this... some numerical data would be way more efficient, btw.
Fat.bot.Slim

Well, I have an accelation value in Gs (who cares about the unit, by the way ?). But that value changes way to fastly to be readable. I'd like to have the large green or red bar.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Complete XDF Tutorial Stream dekrY 8 4,798 07-30-2018, 06:30 AM
Last Post: dekrY
Video XDF+ Tutorial Donald 2 2,909 06-18-2017, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  Quick stats about default Xonotic movement Smilecythe 0 2,680 06-19-2016, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  Small tutorial videos machine! 3 4,867 09-30-2014, 11:34 AM
Last Post: GoregeousGuy
  Xonotic Pro Mode with or without CPMA Movement? 0siris 11 12,796 07-15-2012, 01:16 PM
Last Post: asyyy
  Glowmaps on weapons don't work right. Electro glows red! XonoxSeven 1 2,776 09-26-2011, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Mepper
  Xonotic Movement Tutorial FruitieX 21 20,964 12-12-2010, 05:29 AM
Last Post: morfar
  physics / player movement Grasshopper 33 33,670 09-10-2010, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Duke