Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] some kind of system to schedule matches/meetups

Nice work guys, i'm very impressed with Xonotic. Unfortunately it looks like Xonotic has the same problem Nexuiz has.. no players Sad

I wonder if some kind of system could be created where players could agree to meet on certain servers at a certain time. Or something like "check back every hour on the hour for a match". Of course we all need to join the server and hang out at least a few minutes so that people can see that other people are there.

I not sure if you should try to implement this in game, or just as a website. Or we could even just get server operators to put MOTD as to when to look for a match, like "Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 7:00 Pacific time!"

There is a system: irc.

http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=1877

It's probably another "geeky linux-ish" thing you might have to learn, but irc gets you in touch with xonotic/nexuiz people as well as devs and other things.

And...nexuiz does still have players *ducks rotten fruit*
bye / bad luck and have boredom

to put it short, #xonotic.pickup channel at irc.quakenet.org
Get some IRC client, join this channel (via client GUI or /join #channelname command), read welcoming message from xpickbot and you're ready for matchups.

xpickbot also *can* have a web interface. (actually it has one already but it's not for users) Somebody just needs to write it.
chooksta Wrote:640t ought to be enuf for antibody
- microsoft windows

Rainbow 
With a lot of experience from other FPS games, some tips:
- Forget IRC for gaming, its 1990s
- Make pickupsystem like tf2lobby
- Better, make it in-game

Yeah, a while ago we discussed a web interface thingy for browsing games, creating matches, etc. in our sh.nexuiz irc channel. I think one hurdle was to make the browser actually start the game and make it connect to a server. We thought about writing wrappers around nexuiz, but i guess the most simple thing would be to have xonotic itself understand some special URLs like xonotic://myserver.hotaction.org:26500. Then users could just make xonotic itself the handler for these types of URLs in their browser.
He can talk the talk, but can he caulk the caulk?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Some "modern" Suggestions (Wipeout Mode, Electro Color) NoClue 1 1,987 10-05-2020, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Mario
  [SUGGESTION] Two issues I want some thoughts on Smilecythe 5 6,525 09-26-2016, 06:04 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  [SUGGESTION] Xonotic system requirements needed RaptorFX 50 78,901 07-04-2016, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Cortez666
  [SUGGESTION] Matchmaking system? machine! 14 13,561 09-21-2014, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Some unique ideas about single player level design zwz 0 3,520 05-09-2014, 12:24 PM
Last Post: zwz
  [SUGGESTION] Some unique ideas about single player level design zwz 0 3,351 05-06-2014, 04:47 PM
Last Post: zwz
  [SUGGESTION] Some ideas from my FPS experience simbian 6 7,537 02-11-2014, 03:50 AM
Last Post: thimo
  [SUGGESTION] Making some setting not changeable ie port/max players end user 6 8,570 10-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Last Post: end user
Exclamation [SUGGESTION] Better Singleplayer AND A better pause system satuim 13 14,051 08-27-2013, 04:47 AM
Last Post: satuim
  [SUGGESTION] A small addition to the spawn system Dodge 25 23,931 07-05-2013, 06:48 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo