Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[SUGGESTION] Vehicles, some improvements that could be made

Before I start with my suggestions, I must say that Tzork and whoever else contributed to the vehicles did an excellent job with them. Its little wonder that the vehicle server is among the most popular for players Big Grin

But they can still be improved in several ways. One is that the miniguns on the Spider do not rotate like they should. I know this is more of a minor inconvenience, but this is something that players will notice.

The other more important issue is one on the graphics of the vehicles. The textures are still from Nexuiz, and the Nexuiz logo is still even on the helicopter vehicle. This issue can also apply for the walkers and turrets too.

Are there any plans to improve the texture sets and graphics of the vehicles?

Textures where meant to be fixed, yes - tbh i forgot abt it so thanks for the reminder. also anyone feeling they could pitch in and help with this would be more then welcome.

Mini-guns not rotating as they should? hm not sure what you mean, will have a look later today.

While wer at it - we need moar maps too. ons, assault, keyhunt hell even domination could be quite interesting.

tZork, I think Squigger means weapons animation which is not implemented yet.
chooksta Wrote:640t ought to be enuf for antibody
- microsoft windows

Once I'm finished with Pipe I'll start making a huge assault map placed inside a twin volcano. I have the layout, so I'll be starting this pretty soon.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

No problem Tzork, glad to be of help Smile and narly had it right when I meant that the mini guns on the spider have no rotating weapon animations associated with them.

Can't Wait to see that map Minkovsky, we could definitely use some more vehicle maps. There are only three at the moment. We could use some more maps too for Assault and the other modes.

(06-27-2011, 01:38 PM)naryl Wrote: tZork, I think Squigger means weapons animation which is not implemented yet.

Verified, and odd since it had this animation since forever Tongue i guess i broke something and never noticed. will fix soon.

An enter-vehicle-key would be great
E=mc ^ 2 only applies to rest bodies. The one we should be using is E=mc^2 √1 - v^2/c^2 Smile

I don't think they're merged with master yet. Are they? If so, how can I place them on the map?
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

They are in master Minkovsky, merged a few days ago.

Thanks for the info. I'll update my checkout tomorrow, then.

(06-27-2011, 12:50 PM)tZork Wrote: While wer at it - we need moar maps too. ons, assault, keyhunt hell even domination could be quite interesting.

A way to spawn the players in vehicles and disable the weapons on them would be perfect for race maps too... Imagine tearing it up in some Wakizashi's, F-Zero style.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

hehehe yes that be fun. tough it'd need some changes to race code too (currently i suspect race wont work with vehicles at all, but should be a fairly easy thing to fix)

Mini-guns animation are now fixed in master and at my test server (also now hit sounds when hit in a vehicle and when hitting a turret)

Awesome, thanks Tzork Big Grin

So what can be done in improving the graphics and textures of the vehicles, turrets, walkers e.t.c.?

I just realized visblocking that map will be a pain in the arse.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Some "modern" Suggestions (Wipeout Mode, Electro Color) NoClue 1 1,983 10-05-2020, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Mario
  [DISCUSSION] Xonotic and QuakeC: How painful could it be rewrite Xonotic in a new language? derrant 2 2,325 07-14-2020, 06:45 AM
Last Post: derrant
  [SUGGESTION] Two issues I want some thoughts on Smilecythe 5 6,525 09-26-2016, 06:04 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
Rainbow [SUGGESTION] More noob-friendly Xonotic: improvements that don't sacrifice gameplay lamefun 24 26,605 07-31-2015, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Drauts
  [SUGGESTION] Chat area improvements acerspyro 1 2,873 07-14-2015, 01:01 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Some unique ideas about single player level design zwz 0 3,520 05-09-2014, 12:24 PM
Last Post: zwz
  [SUGGESTION] Some unique ideas about single player level design zwz 0 3,351 05-06-2014, 04:47 PM
Last Post: zwz
  [SUGGESTION] Some ideas from my FPS experience simbian 6 7,536 02-11-2014, 03:50 AM
Last Post: thimo
  [SUGGESTION] Making some setting not changeable ie port/max players end user 6 8,570 10-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Last Post: end user
  [SUGGESTION] Two improvements in percentile calculations afullo 3 4,028 03-28-2013, 02:53 PM
Last Post: afullo