Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
personal update from everyone (whats going on for game??)

Question 
hi hi,

lately ive been busy with new work and stuff , but yer....
ive got a feeling that not much is happenin for our community and the game(s).

so to those involved , hows development going? , anything exciting going to happen? , whats the update with server holders around the world?
,who else is getting a little worried about the current state?

i know im getting a trickle of projects to do , but from the music/sound side , im seeing not much at all.

the screenshots of what ya doing forum post is going very well , and its good to see new people sign up , but i still feel much more should be happening.

anyway , i guess im feeling a little dissapointed atm , but i think a spark
(or a good kick up the ass) is needed to make us all glow inside again.

glhf

t

:^

(im not drunk btw :p )

(07-17-2011, 08:51 AM)chooksta Wrote: (im not drunk btw :p )

That's good news.

I will have two new maps out before fall.

I'm not sure but it's possible that things are slightly slower because it's summer, which means vacations for a lot of people... specifically parents or kids.

Don't lose hope Smile

glhf

(07-17-2011, 08:51 AM)chooksta Wrote: i know im getting a trickle of projects to do , but from the music/sound side , im seeing not much at all.

Xonotic desperately needs to replace the player sounds. The current sounds were inherited from Nexuiz, they are also incomplete.

Currently a compete set consists of:
PHP Code:
affirmative
attack
attacking
attackinfive
coverme
defend
defending
droppedflag
flagcarriertakingdamage
freelance
getflag
incoming
meet
needhelp
negative
onmyway
roaming
seenenemy
seenflag
taunt
teamshoot
death
drown
fall
falling
gasp
jump
pain25
pain50
pain75
pain100 
They can be found in xonotic/data/xonotic-data.pk3dir/sound/player/*

I've been slowly coding a demo camera recorder with playback - you can see some examples here here.

Marines voice for the win though. Tongue

It seemed like Tzork said there will be 0.2 coming out as he said on the Development Xonotic site that "in the interest of getting 0.2 out means this need to be delayed" when talking about the lightining gun feature he was working on. However, I am not sure if this is the reason for the slight slowdown in development or if there will actually be a 0.2 coming out soon.

It would be cool if they did come out with a 0.2 release. It would be imo the best time to release especially since there has been over 7 months of development going on since the last release.

Good thread chooks.

Seriously though, not one Dev has replied on this matter? Someone must have an idea, even the forum's are slowing down (thread wise) due to a lack of activity caused by this, it's quite sad to see at the moment especially with all the hard work that goes on.

P.S I have had several outsiders and people who play Xonotic asking why the front page news/media does not show upto date screenshots/videos, that's another thing that make's people think development is not happening.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

I agree with Kojn, we should post more videos on the Xonotic page, we have plenty on youtube already.

well.....

im glad some friends have replied (thanks guys <3 )

BUT WHERE THE T IS EVERYONE ELSE?

HEY , COMON , YOU DO READ THIS STUFF , U CAN CLEARLY READ WHAT IM TYPING , SO....

please.

whats going on?

if we are not fed little promotions , on a regular basis , then why bother?

ill stick around , but comon....

the first thing i do is check here first , maybe you nerds should too

(give brown tube up for a while :p )

t

t!

Oh oh I´m here! Big Grin

... still building map(s) for Xonotic, don´t worry!

I think development is going on slowly but it goes on!

And there are more and more players online...

... so I´ve got a good feeling!

Development actually is going quite fine, I just have had quite some work after vacation from this summer and haven't been working as quickly as i'd like to.

We *do* have a release date planned, but not going to announce it just yet. Anyway, keep looking out for an announcement.. it's coming soon.

Today is the first time in a long while I've typed something into a forum "reply" box or actively stepped into IRC. I could offer up myriad reasons why my activity level has decreased, but it all boils down to me having lost a great amount of interest.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Hey, I just found this thread. I don't know why I didn't find it earlier. Well, I was doing some music for a map by Maddin (Heavy Metal), I'm making a lot of noise all the time, publishing stuff here and there, I think I might one day start doing some map sketches in Blender (got an fun idea, gonna post it in other thread).
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

the last thing i did for xonotic was adding ons support to courtfun
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

(08-08-2011, 01:55 PM)Antibody Wrote: I could offer up myriad reasons why my activity level has decreased, but it all boils down to me having lost a great amount of interest.

Sad sad to hear that. I hope this community will manage to excite you again, I really appreciate your contributions.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

hes not going anywhere (i wont let him )

dont forget we are making a game , but more importantly , we are friends

friends stick together

YAY!

just bring ya personal level of nerd craft and bring your ideas to the masses

PROJECTS PEOPLE!

dont wait , make it happen

burp

t

FYI I brought Antibody back and now he's more active than ever.

you're all welcome. Big Grin

Not that it's as crucial a detail, but I'll be doing an announcer session here soon, this one will be of usable quality (unlike the demo I posted earlier). I'm including stuff for future speculation, so if it gets used it won't only cover what features are in place right now. I intend to be available and reachable for the long haul, so if additional recordings are needed I can facilitate, but everyone says that. Better to plan for the worst case.

I'll put together a character voicepack as well. I'll give the player sounds a shot, but I don't think I can hang with the precedent. No harm in giving it a shot.

I've got several tracks in the works, still getting into Xonotic's musical groove. That stuff should be posted soon.
Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
Announcer mic check and forum thread.
http://soundcloud.com/voodoo-electron

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update: Xonotic North America Servers nvz 10 10,580 06-29-2014, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Mossepo
  Whats the deal with this cmd on normal servers? Liquid Sin 9 11,263 03-21-2011, 12:48 AM
Last Post: MeloPixel
  Where the frick is everyone? NuckChorris 43 43,172 03-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Akari
  Where is everyone? noobermin 12 10,437 01-22-2011, 10:06 AM
Last Post: mepper[NoSkillsOnlyLuck]
  Omploader probably going down Silverburn 4 4,889 10-04-2010, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Minkovsky