Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A music track.

Hi. I'm new to these forums so I'm not entirely sure if this is the correct place to pose this question or if the editing subforum is the proper place to put it.

I recently made an ameteurish song that I feel would fit in with Xonotic quite well and was wondering if I could possibly pitch it as the theme for a level that someone's making?

Please let me know what you think.

I like it!

Wait, what?
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Big Grin Yes, better you post what you´ve done!

(07-20-2011, 03:08 AM)Maddin Wrote: Big Grin Yes, better you post what you´ve done!

Sorry. I didn't want to post the link if this was the wrong place to put this thread.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hd1698li8w...Europa.mp3

Hope you like it.

For a first attempt it´s very good, but I´m not sure whether it fits in Xonotic. It sounds too Techno-like... (well, I´m not a fan of Techno so forgive me! btw: I listen to all kinds of Metal...)

Yeah no problem, we also have a MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC hidden in the development section of the forums, but you can of course post it in a separate thread too. Honestly, I don't know why the music thread is in the development section rather than in the editing section, but anyway.

Yeah nice track, don't worry about the style, we have all sorts of weird music styles already (from vocal to piano improvisations, and of course, crappy tunes that are everything but crappy, just to mention a few).

I think the track you made would be more suitable for some movie showing heavy xonotic action, rather than for ingame map music. I'd say it has too much pressure and could be distracting while playing, but it would do rather well on a movie showing people fragging each other. In any case it's a nice piece of music and nothing to be shy about. :o)
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(07-20-2011, 03:43 AM)Halogene Wrote: Yeah no problem, we also have a MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC hidden in the development section of the forums, but you can of course post it in a separate thread too. Honestly, I don't know why the music thread is in the development section rather than in the editing section, but anyway.

Yeah nice track, don't worry about the style, we have all sorts of weird music styles already (from vocal to piano improvisations, and of course, crappy tunes that are everything but crappy, just to mention a few).

I think the track you made would be more suitable for some movie showing heavy xonotic action, rather than for ingame map music. I'd say it has too much pressure and could be distracting while playing, but it would do rather well on a movie showing people fragging each other. In any case it's a nice piece of music and nothing to be shy about. :o)

Thanks for the imput. I think I'll put it in a collab video now that you mention it. Smile

Also, I can move entire threads with just a few magical clicks! Yeah, that's how I roll Wink
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

I liked it, I know others might find it a bit aggressive/distracting for map music but I hope someone uses it.
<[-z-]> have you seen the documentary "happy"?
<Samual_> no
<Samual_> it sounds horrible

(07-20-2011, 03:00 PM)Liquid Sin Wrote: I liked it, I know others might find it a bit aggressive/distracting for map music but I hope someone uses it.

I wanted to make a beat that was extremely fast paced considering the game is even faster than Q3 so I set it at 230 bpm. I also modeled it slightly from the song hyperblast redux from UT2004 because that was my favorite level from UT2004.

(07-20-2011, 03:16 AM)Unbreakable Wrote:
(07-20-2011, 03:08 AM)Maddin Wrote: Big Grin Yes, better you post what you´ve done!

Sorry. I didn't want to post the link if this was the wrong place to put this thread.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hd1698li8w...Europa.mp3

Hope you like it.

If a thread is in the wrong place it will just be moved. Smile
No need to hold back information!
4m038105 - Be the change.

When I think about Xonotic tunes, this sounds like it fits right into any of the levels I've played (mainly the four single player maps in the preview). I can imagine this fitting with hopping around maniacally and shooting futuristic weapons at noobs trying to do the same.
In short: I like it. Especially as a Xonotic-related song.
In-game name: moutandihami or mood
Currently working on openmachines and deadphase

(07-21-2011, 12:29 PM)pohatu9 Wrote: When I think about Xonotic tunes, this sounds like it fits right into any of the levels I've played (mainly the four single player maps in the preview). I can imagine this fitting with hopping around maniacally and shooting futuristic weapons at noobs trying to do the same.
In short: I like it. Especially as a Xonotic-related song.

Precisely why I thought it would work in Xonotic only. I can't think of a FPS faster than this game.

Thanks for the imput. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC kay 590 675,159 11-11-2021, 10:41 AM
Last Post: chooksta
Music New track (WIP) - Toxic Sludge (New name = Sulphur) Archer 12 12,724 10-26-2021, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Kotangens
  An attempt to produce a background music - decadium derrant 2 2,192 09-12-2020, 11:18 AM
Last Post: derrant
Music Music from out side forum Kotangens 4 2,803 08-30-2020, 04:14 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  [NEED HELP] Xonotic music has Royalty? Narutex216Bits 1 2,383 04-07-2020, 07:48 AM
Last Post: DarkFox
  Xonotic OST (Officially Accepted Music) Mirio 18 33,141 07-01-2019, 10:45 AM
Last Post: martin-t
  Free sfx for your music. djwayn 1 5,104 05-25-2018, 01:06 PM
Last Post: djwayn
Music Go Get 'em - Music Track by The Audio Monkey TheAudioMonkey 16 15,600 03-14-2017, 03:57 PM
Last Post: TheAudioMonkey
Music Low interest in music development - why? unfa 28 30,043 07-08-2016, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Jar-El
  Good track styles for Xon - example inside end user 0 3,139 10-03-2015, 09:02 PM
Last Post: end user