Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Xonotic Server Tools

Big Grin 
Hey,
i have written a bash script to manage xonotic servers and rcon2irc bots.

Xonotic Server Tools
Xonotic Server Tools is a collection of functions to manage several Xonotic servers by loading each server in a seperate tmux window. Server admins can call those servers by their name. The script supports release and git servers. Next to servers Xonotic Server Tools can manage rcon2irc bots, too. The script also offers a extended folder tree to organize your configuration files, logs and pk3 packages. All adjustments can be made in the basic configuration file: xstools.conf.

project on github.

----------------------------------------------------------------

direkt download:
master branch tarball from github
-----------------------------------------------------------------
documentation
video(a bit older Smile)
NOTE: A linux based operating system is needed
For more information or help check #xstools @ quakenet

a really useful tool, congratulations and thanks a lot !!!!

This looks awesome, my dear It's Me! I don't think I'm going to use it since I'm not a server hoster. But this looks very interesting!
I did try once to host a server, just for testing, and that was very hard, costed a lot of time and I got some strange error, so I did not succed Sad
Can I, with that start server function, easily create a new server? (I use autobuild.)
Xonotic really needs something to easily make a dedicated server.

Normally this script only supports releases and git version.
But the binaries in autobuilds and releases are the same Smile.
So you can use the 'release variables' to set up a autobuild server.

Do the following steps:
  1. install tmux
  2. download xstools and unzip it where you want. name it like you want
  3. copy xstools to a location of your PATH variable and fix the location of xstools.sh inside of xstools... (this is not a must)
  4. download the autobuild and extract it to game/autobuild inside your extracted xstools folder or any other location..

5. Open xstools.conf inside configs and edit the path of
    - userdir="$HOME/xstools"
    - basedir_release="$HOME/xstools/game/Xonotic"

open a terminal and type.
Code:
xstools --start vgt-release
# if you dont have done step 3...
# change into the directory of xstools
./xstools.sh --start vgt-release

The configuration file is placed in configs/servers, just rename it as you like. eg vgt-autobuild....

Should work Big Grin
(btw a linux based operating system is needed)

You could also read the install part of my documentation.

Well, I use Windows Vista Tongue

It still sounds all quite complicated, but i think I could do it if I can read somewhere what to do for Windows.

(08-27-2011, 05:15 AM)Mepper Wrote: Well, I use Windows Vista Tongue

It still sounds all quite complicated, but i think I could do it if I can read somewhere what to do for Windows.

It does not work for windows...
I do not know if it is possible to use this script inside cygwin and install tmux for cygwin... if, then it could run...

I feel sorry for all you windows users ... Tongue

Oh, well... Sad

I can't expect you to make it fit for Windows too, seems pretty difficult to me.

(08-27-2011, 06:11 AM)Mepper Wrote: I can't expect you to make it fit for Windows too, seems pretty difficult to me.

do you want to set up a real server? or just something from your rig at home?

if you want to set up a server from your rig at home its quiet easy as long you just to play.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

just read the documenatins in xonotic/servers...

copy server.cfg into your data folder
move server_windows.bat into the same folder like your binaries

and doubeklick ^^

yeah thats the easiest solution
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Well, yes, THAT is eay. The only problem is that that black computerlanguage window thingy then something says like: Error, press a key to close window Wink

And when I just open my firewall, make a server with "create", set cl(orwhateveritwas)_public 1 and restart, I can just play, but noone else can see it, and even in my server list it gets 9999 ping after a few minuts (but I can still play on it).

But I'm not really wanting to host a server anyway, but it would of course be fun if I could just create a server with some bots and that more people could join.

If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong, I'd like to hear what it is! (The problem might also be that some things in my Xonotjc are pretty much fucked up, and I think I caused that myself.)

You have to use port forwarding

Check your router settings and set up a virtual server.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I can't see my listen server on server list fnmain 1 673 10-07-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Grimnack
  Server not visible on the server browser for others or me DankoLord 1 1,820 02-21-2023, 08:02 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  BaI server | South American Xonotic server (located in Chile) z411 0 2,755 01-02-2022, 11:36 PM
Last Post: z411
  Full server tutorial start-2-finish with maps & config from live server xonotic.us.to ballerburg9005 0 8,050 09-03-2021, 10:21 AM
Question [NEED HELP] Server uses 40% CPU whereas Nexuiz server runs with max 10% e-pig 6 4,966 08-19-2020, 10:17 PM
  [NEED HELP] Server dont appear in server browser abslimit 0 2,578 03-15-2020, 04:13 AM
Last Post: abslimit
  How to change server cfg on modified server veecho 4 4,319 04-24-2019, 08:15 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [NEED HELP] Xonotic Server crashes TF2 server Professor 2 2,950 02-20-2018, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Professor
  0.6.0 Server not shown in server browser -maniac|Su- 2 3,747 06-04-2015, 10:48 AM
Last Post: -maniac|Su-
  Server appears to launch but is not in the server list TickleMeElmo 5 5,073 06-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo