Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[AUDIO]Just some ambient sounds :)

Music 
Hi everyone,
I haven't said that before, but like some people, I want to bring my contribution in the audio of the game Smile
Maybe I'll post some musics, but now, it's two ambient sounds.

In the beginning, I created these for my game project, but, I think it maybe can useful for someone else than me Wink

If you're curious, I created these sounds with on a simple ramp (power) waveform (in zynaddsubfx), and very processed with LADSPA effects hosted in Jack-rack. I Finally recorded and edited the sounds in Ardour. The distribution I used is Linux Tango studio.

Of course, they can loop Wink

The encoded files are in ogg. If you want it in another format, just ask me Smile

Ok, I'm stopping talking, here is the files ! :

Ambient sound #1

Ambient sound #2

Ambient sound #3 : It's like the second sound, but more... It's something different but I can't describe it ^^

Ambient sound #4 : It's a sort of... "loud wind"

Ambient sound #5 : It's the same as the precedent sound but I added an EQ for making it lighter. Like for a map in the sky I think.

Ambient sound #6 : The #5 sound but played with a higher note. Creates a very stressful ambiance. It's my favorite sound Smile

voilà, I hope you'll like it ! Smile

My?terious

Dude! Nice sounds you have here!

These sound like some force field generators or high voltage transformators.

Really nice! Did you apply the effects inside Ardour or via some other tool? I love ZASFX and I use it a lot but I didn't know it can generate such a massive sound! I wonder if this could be used in music somehow...

Keep up the good work!

Btw: it's spelled "ambient" not "ambiant" Wink
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

(08-07-2011, 05:50 AM)unfa Wrote: Dude! Nice sounds you have here!

Really nice! Did you apply the effects inside Ardour or via some other tool? I love ZASFX and I use it a lot but I didn't know it can generate such a massive sound! I wonder if this could be used in music somehow...

Keep up the good work!

Btw: it's spelled "ambient" not "ambiant" Wink

unfa Wrote:Dude! Nice sounds you have here!

Thanks Smile

unfa Wrote:Really nice! Did you apply the effects inside Ardour or via some other tool? I love ZASFX and I use it a lot but I didn't know it can generate such a massive sound!

I applied the effects in jack-rack, but I can do that in ardour to Wink
The reason why I applied it in external software, is to make the sounds can be looped. Indeed, I recorded the sound in ardour, and then I cut the end of the sample to paste it at the beginning and fade it with the beginning of the sound.

In ZASFX, I just put a simple power waveform in the add synth. LADSPA make all the work Wink

But, Zynadd is a very powerful synthesizer and I love it too ^^

unfa Wrote:I wonder if this could be used in music somehow...

Oh, good idea ! I'll try to put it in my current song project and see the result ! ^^

unfa Wrote:Keep up the good work!

I'll try Wink

' Wrote:Btw: it's spelled "ambient" not "ambiant" Wink

corrected thanks

Great work! This will be rewarded with a reputation!

(08-07-2011, 09:30 AM)Maddin Wrote: This will be rewarded with a reputation!

So did I Big Grin
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

He has 4 reps on 6 posts! o.O Amazing! But to be honest these two sounds are indeed really good stuff for maps and I´d like too see... eeeh... to hear more!

yeah pretty inspiring.
The second one recalls me the background sound into every spaceship of 80's sitcoms. Sounds great.
(In those sitcoms also, every buttons made a bip. Probably for partially sighted actors.)
This would bring a good "thriller" atmospher in a map.
Fat.bot.Slim

The mysterious rep maker Big Grin

Maddin Wrote:Great work! This will be rewarded with a reputation!

unfa Wrote:So I did it Big Grin

Thanks ! Smile

Maddin Wrote:But to be honest these two sounds are indeed really good stuff for maps and I´d like too see... eeeh... to hear more!

Thanks ! and... I added 4 souds, I hope it's at the same quality ! Wink

Rage_ATWM Wrote:The second one recalls me the background sound into every spaceship of 80's sitcoms. Sounds great.

Thanks Smile

unfa Wrote:The mysterious rep maker Big Grin

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I added four sounds In the first post... Enjoy ! Smile

My?terious

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Music How can I replace the announcer sounds with the ones I want? tempest 1 311 02-07-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
  My sounds from other games xord86_64 1 608 01-19-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: xord86_64
  Some sounds that I took from finished games. Kotangens 8 5,360 11-10-2022, 02:03 PM
Last Post: Kotangens
Lightbulb Gauntlet gun sounds Kotangens 1 1,950 07-16-2020, 05:00 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  Any Audio FX Needed? TheAudioMonkey 20 13,869 04-27-2020, 07:31 AM
Last Post: Maaxqatsi
Music New sounds in next version (0.8.3) Wuzzy 2 3,797 10-09-2019, 06:20 AM
Last Post: Aguaumreal
  Custom sounds Tommy 4 4,446 09-13-2019, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Antibody
  [NEED HELP] Editing Sounds, getting to work in-game? theMNMusic 2 3,697 05-07-2018, 08:15 AM
Last Post: theMNMusic
Music Go Get 'em - Music Track by The Audio Monkey TheAudioMonkey 16 15,606 03-14-2017, 03:57 PM
Last Post: TheAudioMonkey
Music Menu sounds unfa 18 18,496 08-22-2014, 07:11 AM
Last Post: unfa