Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I made a bass drop.

Music 
http://unfamusic.com/5h1+/unfa-WashYourSoul-5.ogg
http://unfamusic.com/5h1+/unfa-WashYourSoul-4.ogg (old)

Turn the sub on,
turn the strobo on

and

wait for it...

wait for it...

wait for it...

[Image: unfa-BassDrop.png]
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

unfa has a new toy! Big Grin

Must test it on something other than my crappy old laptop speakers.
4m038105 - Be the change.

(08-09-2011, 06:21 AM)The mysterious Mr. 4m Wrote: unfa has a new toy! Big Grin

Indeed! Dubstep is fun to make Big Grin

(08-09-2011, 06:21 AM)The mysterious Mr. 4m Wrote: Must test it on something other than my crappy old laptop speakers.

For me it works best on headphones, my speakers are old too and have no sub.
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

I get hooked of this track! Big Grin Makes me hyped up... Big Grin

Maybe if it has such an effect on people, it could work as an in-game track?

Hey! unfa! Can't You keep your stuff just a little shorter? And convert it to M4A, so that people can put it on their older cell phones, carry it home and plug it into their DolbySurround-enabled system? Eh? Tongue

The "You're awesome!" sounds (for headshots, airshots, etc.) should be replaced with just effects instead of text.

short as in time? (hi hi mr 4am Smile )
or size of file?

M4A????????? , im not sure ive heard of that format?

soundforge may convert that , idk.

interesting to find out this anyway , then we could cater for people's needs

let me know if im needed

t

:^
(just got the file and played it)

YAY! go unfar! , your going to have to help me on making this stuff too , ive been busy , but i am having a struggle on it , i was thinking of using a mic to get the sounds i want , then stomping on em Smile

big tune , but if ya relax (kinda) and take the time to tune in , its a good track,
i could pick a few problems with it , but if ya listened to my stuff , then ya would know i should take my own advice Smile

unfar: is that a final cut? , how long to make? , HELP ME MAKE DUB STEP TOO !!

t

I know it is actually quite a lot of bass but maybe you could add even more? Big Grin

To be honest I listened to this track for some hours now! My ears get... well... blown away! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Wink 
LOL I didn't expect such a big feedback for this one Big Grin I'm pleased with it, feedback keeps me wanting to do this stuff! Thank you guys!

@Maddin: Cool to hear that Big Grin
I wouldn't want to put more bass, could make the mix disbalanced, if you want moar you can still just EQ it (low shelf filter with +3~6 dB gain somewhere around 60 Hz should do the trick, of course it depends on the hardware you use) Smile (or I could release a special - unfairly EQed version with more bass to it for the bassoholics Wink.

@Chooky: Well I don't see anything I could make better in this track right now so I temporarily consider it a final shot. It took em.... probably 5~6 hours of work total + 5 years of gathering experience Big Grin If you have some thoughts on how I can improve it further - let me know Smile I might be deaf to some problems, because I got used to them. I just hope it's mixed well and the sub basses are not too loud and not too quiet (this is problematic for me most of the times). If you'd like to learn some stuff about making sounds like theese - I'll think of some way I can help ya Big Grin

4m Wrote:Hey! unfa! Can't You keep your stuff just a little shorter? And convert it to M4A, so that people can put it on their older cell phones, carry it home and plug it into their DolbySurround-enabled system? Eh?
Shorter? I could cut off the second bass drop but that would be a pain ;(
I most of the times try to keep it as short as possible, but sometimes I need to add some duration in there to let the things properly unwrap themselves and to build a tension. But yeah - I think I still have these things a bit too long. Maybe. Or maybe not Wink Could you write some more on why do you think it should be shorter?

4m Wrote:The "You're awesome!" sounds (for headshots, airshots, etc.) should be replaced with just effects instead of text.
Sounds interesting! Do you think some sounds form my tune could work? Like an angry dubstep bass squeak for headshot? And a quickly LFO-ed dubstep bass for airshot?

Is that what you mean?

Btw: If we did so, we'd need a tutorial in the game to make people know what those sounds mean.

Here is an update, version 5:

[OGG AUDIO] [LMMS SOURCE]

Version 4:

[OGG AUDIO]

Please let me know if this is step forward or backward Big Grin

sounds pretty nice unfa. West coast style.
I prefer V5.
Fat.bot.Slim

(08-10-2011, 04:36 AM)Rage_ATWM Wrote: sounds pretty nice unfa. West coast style.
I prefer V5.

Thanks Big Grin I never was in USA but sounds cool, eh. Yeah!
Good to hear you prefer v5! I do also Big Grin

this bass drop makes me remember this
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x32kxb_...beat_music
I had forgotten how terrific was the video clip. Big Grin
Fat.bot.Slim

(08-09-2011, 05:00 PM)chooksta Wrote: short as in time? (hi hi mr 4am Smile )
or size of file?

M4A????????? , im not sure ive heard of that format?

soundforge may convert that , idk.

[....]

t

MP3 would do too. ;P

Btw, FFMPEG can convert it just fine (to either format), but to answer one of unfa's questions; one of the reasons I wanted it shorter was that when I converted it to M4A it was 10 MB +, and my site (i didn't want to use the cable, because the phone then needs to restart) has a 10 MB file limit, then it takes time to transfer the file to my cell phone....

It was really just a thing of comfort.

Oh, and take a look at my tracks to understand me a little:
Payenczyna (1:17 min)
RayAction2 (1:49 min)
Mad Robot Pirate Ninja Skillz (1:14 min)

My longest is SecFence2 with insane 3:41 minutes!

The Mysterious Mr. 4m:

As for your tracks:

Payenczyna: sounds a bit chaotic and noisy, I think it lacks some structure and sound selection could be better.

RayAction2: I like this one much better! Has some really nice beat, interesting stereo effects in the middle and it sounds much more organized than Payenczyna. Keep it up!

Mad Robot Ninja Skillz: Funny one Big Grin Reminds me a bit of old 8-bit game music. Unfortunately the main riff is present throughout almost entire track which gets me tired listening to.

SecFence: Starts up nicely. I like these oldschool synths Smile It could use some chord progression that would make the whole track go up and down, that could make it much more interesting. Nice experiments, really nice sounds I hear here Smile Keep doin' it!

I just made two shorter tracks on your demand Wink:

http://unfamusic.com/5h1+/unfa-Plastik-2.ogg
http://unfamusic.com/5h1+/unfa-Praise-1.ogg

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Made a Quake Champions frag video check it out zeroql 4 4,825 08-31-2017, 09:06 PM
Last Post: SilenceKiller
  My new album is out: Drum & Bass Payload unfa 4 6,245 02-07-2015, 08:09 AM
Last Post: unfa
Music Just some neurofunk-y dubsteppish cool tune I made unfa 0 4,168 05-01-2014, 04:12 PM
  I made a christmas animation Smilecythe 6 8,086 12-18-2013, 09:04 AM
  I made a game review on inMomentum Smilecythe 15 17,969 10-08-2013, 10:18 AM
Music I made a club track - will it beat Lady Gaga? unfa 10 12,232 09-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Last Post: Deltacon
  A UT99 map that made me laugh Lee_Stricklin 2 4,820 08-18-2013, 08:52 AM
Last Post: bitbomb
Music I made a D'n'B splitscreen beatbox improvisation :D unfa 7 8,854 06-19-2013, 01:52 AM
  I made a stupid video, had fun - I hope it will be fun to watch. unfa 0 3,419 05-11-2013, 09:16 PM
Music I've made a song: Out of Memory unfa 4 5,589 03-08-2013, 05:15 PM
Last Post: play3r0