Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
My little pony... Xonotic pony?

No.

I have it in dlcache, I see it normally, but cannot select it.

Even when connected to the server? Aw well.

(05-11-2012, 11:36 AM)hihikaya Wrote: It would be nice to put a little installation howto of pony player model in first post, it would be easier to newbies... I'm being asked about it during game process... imho little manual is better then explanations in way far from perfect english i have...

It's the same way you install everything in Xonotic (like maps). Put the pk3 file in the data folder and that's it. It's a basic thing that usually everyone knows, so I thought no instructions are necessary. Note that if you got it from connecting to a server, you'll want to simply move the pk3 from your dlcache folder to your data folder.

v3.2 update:

- Update animation skeleton to that of Erebus. Adds the new crouch-walking animations and improves existing ones.

- Eye color is now a blend between shirt and glow, rather than being constantly blue.

- Many new ponies in bots-mlp.txt: Queen Crysalis, Trixie, BonBon, Lyra, Vynil Scratch, Octavia, Derpy Hooves, Colgate, Berry Punch.

[Image: 1p25vgihr2xmh43dhe3_thumb.jpg] [Image: jet26wv1ct5wfmxb57w_thumb.jpg] [Image: opbkgzpij0e254mei6ya_thumb.jpg] [Image: 6abviqqfncvfgqb9g1hv_thumb.jpg] [Image: l9xr4awnbc87hulbtzrt_thumb.jpg] [Image: 8c5f1vvgo6mu04e2wg2_thumb.jpg] [Image: r5h2c7hw2m8e1i8kzlze_thumb.jpg] [Image: b1v6iyrzzhfww8uo1y3l_thumb.jpg] [Image: 6d22qcogjripbqjb0sri_thumb.jpg] [Image: umns9dobvn153zu0gym_thumb.jpg] [Image: uin38fa8dmneklwgt4oa_thumb.jpg] [Image: 9td9ogafb9nc48lma5r8_thumb.jpg] [Image: 7xsztc5ncl5hibwb4yfb_thumb.jpg] [Image: uz7emrrfrt4t1knb5sl_thumb.jpg] [Image: t53lcn2rycjlcf2ih3k_thumb.jpg] [Image: v6xnzrdyx4rcp3ym9lud_thumb.jpg]

Download: link 1, link 2, GIT repo.

It's spelled Vinyl, and Chrysalis!

New update with huge improvements, including issues pointed out by other users. Highly recommended since it fixes a bug introduced in version 3.2. Enjoy Smile

v4.0: link 1, link 2, GIT repo.

- Ponies are now separated into four different races: Earth Pony, Pegasus, Unicorn and Alicorn. The wings and horn are part of the same model and skins are used to toggle each, causing no additional meshes or textures. Each race has a different voice pack: Pinkie Pie for earth ponies, Fluttershy for pegasus, Twilight Sparkle for unicorns, Rarity for alicorns. Select each as a different character in the Player Settings menu.

- Heavy improvements to the mesh. Hooves (hands and feet) are now larger than the limbs (which is the correct design). Legs are longer and look more correct. Fixed the flat looking face and changed the head to be much more accurate to FiM's style. Tweaked vertex group assignments to heavily reduce bad deformations on arms and legs (they no longer gut themselves during some animations).

- Configured bot skills and personalities to match the actual characters. eg: Applejack is good with guns, Rainbow Dash is good with movement. Pinkie Pie is hyper and will move around a lot, while Fluttershy will tend to avoid shooting. Berry Punch is drunk and can barely aim, while Derpy will pretty much just sit there and shoot occasionally Tongue

- Fixed forgotten framegroup files for the LOD models needed since version 3.2, which were causing animations to not work with LOD's.

- Fixed a typo with two bot names, thanks MrBougo for pointing that out.

[Image: vwt9r28xkkmnthqx4ej6_thumb.jpg] [Image: 3o9q7ggtl75vtsgtts4d_thumb.jpg] [Image: 2iurp24ppy6ocxf6tx_thumb.jpg] [Image: 2yhvwiu10di0dniogx_thumb.jpg] [Image: iwh9donczsnacrs55br6_thumb.jpg] [Image: 2mamo4vup4qbqcflqanl_thumb.jpg] [Image: 7olozn0ykcjczl5arpwk_thumb.jpg] [Image: f700kdxlrwordy46ozey_thumb.jpg]

Quote:Applejack is good with guns, Rainbow Dash is good with movement. Pinkie Pie is hyper and will move around a lot, while Fluttershy will tend to avoid shooting. Berry Punch is drunk and can barely aim, while Derpy will pretty much just sit there and shoot occasionally

That sounds awesome. Smile

(10-12-2012, 10:21 AM)rocknroll237 Wrote: That sounds awesome. Smile

Since Xonotic is so fast-paced, it's harder to tell bot personalities than in UT for example. But on some open maps, I could sense a different attitude and movement on variously configured ponies. Pinkie Pie for instance was raging and going for everyone around her, while Twilight would just pass by and shoot at people from afar rather than getting involved up-close. Bots with better skills were also the best players (as expected). I might try to make it even more obvious in the future, though I don't want to make bots either too weak or too strong... and for some background characters it's hard to know how they would react in various situations (like Colgate pony which is one of the bots).

Awesomesauce!

Just the ponyiness of it!.. And the voices... And the eyes... And the look... (sings: she's got the look...) Xontastic.... AMAZING!
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

Quote:(sings: she's got the look...)

"The look of love..."

(10-14-2012, 09:18 AM)rocknroll237 Wrote: "The look of love..."

They're magical ponies after all ^^ And thanks aa, glad all the changes I made to the model turned up so well and other players like.

Yeah, I am a pony from now on! Although it is difficult to type with hooves, I will probably get used to it.) I find that a pony is more suited for a (weird) person like me, unlike those banal fighters.

I would also like to know how to use the pony bots, as any bots that get spawned are the default ones.

P.S. Maybee you would like to update your signature, it says "Pony v 3.0"
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

I'm not a fan of ponies, but I think these are one of the technically best models that Xonotic has.
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

(10-15-2012, 10:39 AM)aa Wrote: Yeah, I am a pony from now on! Although it is difficult to type with hooves, I will probably get used to it.) I find that a pony is more suited for a (weird) person like me, unlike those banal fighters.

I would also like to know how to use the pony bots, as any bots that get spawned are the default ones.

P.S. Maybee you would like to update your signature, it says "Pony v 3.0"

Glad someone else likes being a pony! Ponies are best fighters too Smile The bots are easy to use... simply set bot_config_file "bots-mlp.txt". And thanks for reminding me about the signature, updated.

(10-15-2012, 11:06 AM)Cyber Killer Wrote: I'm not a fan of ponies, but I think these are one of the technically best models that Xonotic has.

As the person who made most of the model, I would say no. The pony still has issues, especially with limb deformations being bad in some places. It's also not as realistic from up close, such as the eyes. Parts of it are also rigged using fake bones, since the Xonotic player skeleton doesn't have bones for a tail and wings. I personally like Erebus being the default model in Xon... of course I'm a pony so I prefer being able to look like one in Xonotic Big Grin

v4.1:

- Enable the new feature of aim blending, so the model will bend up or down based on where the player is looking.

link 1, link 2, GIT repo.

AHAHAHHA!! This is really funny, Thanks!
I would really hope these babies makes it as an easteregg or something into the game, but alas, one can only wish.

I'm using this in my server.cfg to active Pawnys

set sv_defaultcharacter 1
set sv_defaultplayermodel "models/player/pony.iqm"

How do I use all the models of the character or am I just stuck with one?
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

(06-17-2013, 03:15 PM)end user Wrote: I'm using this in my server.cfg to active Pawnys

I don't think sv_defaultplayermodel forces the skin too. There's only one model and 4 skins, so normally they should all be possible to use.

(06-17-2013, 03:26 PM)MirceaKitsune Wrote:
(06-17-2013, 03:15 PM)end user Wrote: I'm using this in my server.cfg to active Pawnys

I don't think sv_defaultplayermodel forces the skin too. There's only one model and 4 skins, so normally they should all be possible to use.

So I would adjust the skin settings in the cfg file usingsv_defaultplayerskin

Can I have the server asign random skin?

For example using set sv_defaultplayermodel "models/player/megaerebus.iqm models/player/pony.iqm" will make the server load random player models between the two.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

(06-17-2013, 03:47 PM)end user Wrote: So I would adjust the skin settings in the cfg file usingsv_defaultplayerskin

For example using set sv_defaultplayermodel "models/player/megaerebus.iqm models/player/pony.iqm" will make the server load random player models between the two.

There's no option I know for random skin. You can force a skin if that's what you want. If not you can force just the model, and I assume each player's skin preference will apply.

(06-17-2013, 04:01 PM)MirceaKitsune Wrote:
(06-17-2013, 03:47 PM)end user Wrote: So I would adjust the skin settings in the cfg file usingsv_defaultplayerskin

There's no option I know for random skin. You can force a skin if that's what you want. If not you can force just the model, and I assume each player's skin preference will apply.

Ok so something like this? Would each color/team get a different pawny skin?

set sv_defaultplayerskin_red 0
set sv_defaultplayerskin_blue 1
set sv_defaultplayerskin_pink 2

So this kinda worked for me

set sv_defaultplayerskin 1
set sv_defaultplayermodel_blue "models/player/pony.iqm"
set sv_defaultplayerskin_blue 0
seta sv_defaultplayermodel_red "models/player/pony.iqm"
set sv_defaultplayerskin_red 1

Although not sure what the difference between 1 2 3 models.

If you force a model, you have to force the skin as well. There is no value for "sv_defaultplayerskin" that lets the player choose the skin. See void FixPlayermodel() in server/cl_client.qc.

However, you can have a selection of forced models by putting different models in sv_defaultplayermodel, separated by spaces. It will be picked at random for each player for the entire match.

(06-18-2013, 12:31 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: If you force a model, you have to force the skin as well. There is no value for "sv_defaultplayerskin" that lets the player choose the skin. See void FixPlayermodel() in server/cl_client.qc.

However, you can have a selection of forced models by putting different models in sv_defaultplayermodel, separated by spaces. It will be picked at random for each player for the entire match.

Two questions

This is from defaulXonotic.cfg

Quote:seta sv_defaultplayermodel "models/player/erebus.iqm" "default model selection, only works if sv_defaultcharacter is set to 1; you may append a :<skinnumber> suffix to model names; you can specify multiple, separated by space, and a random one will be chosen"

Can I have something like this.

set sv_defaultplayermodel "models/player/erebus.iqm:<0> models/player/erebus.iqm:<1> models/player/erebus.iqm:<2> models/player/erebus.iqm:<3>"

To randomly assign a different pony model/skin to each player.

Also currently I have a vote set up for Pawny or NoPawny using two different cfg file

ft-server.cfg which contains

set sv_defaultplayermodel "models/player/megaerebus.iqm"

and

ft-pawny-server.cfg which contains the following

set sv_defaultplayermodel_blue "models/player/pony.iqm"
set sv_defaultplayerskin_blue 0
seta sv_defaultplayermodel_red "models/player/pony.iqm"
set sv_defaultplayerskin_red 1

Each file contains the vore and alias like this

alias pawny "exec ft-pawny-server.cfg"
alias nopawny "exec ft-server.cfg"

addvote pawny
addvote nopawny

Is the a way to only use one server.cfg file and have the alias/add vote contain all the model info for each model.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little texture pack Black-Dragon131 5 5,774 08-17-2010, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Black-Dragon131