Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
My little pony... Xonotic pony?

Oh wow, my bad. I missed that from looking at the code. Yes, you can.

And sure you can have a single server.cfg. You can exec any text file. Just put the commands you want into a .cfg file and make the votable command exec it, it will read the commands from the file and execute them. Simple as that.

Test things! See if they work! Then ask if they don't.

Ok if I use

set sv_defaultcharacter 1
set sv_defaultplayerskin 1
set sv_defaultplayermodel "models/player/erebus.iqm:<0> models/player/erebus.iqm:<1> models/player/erebus.iqm:<2> models/player/erebus.iqm:<3>"

I get this in the game console

Model models/player/erebus.iqm:<0> models/player/erebus.iqm:<1> models/player/erebus.iqm:<2> models/player/erebus.iqm:<3> not found

FS_OpenVirtualFile ("models/player/erebus.iqm:<0> models/player/erebus.iqm:<1> models/player/erebus.iqm:<2> models/player/erebus.iqm:<3>", false) Nasty file name rejected

The pawnys do load.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

Erebus only has 1 skin, and the correct syntax is this: models/player/modelname.iqm:1

You will need to add sv_defaultplayermodel_red "" & sv_defaultplayermodel_blue "" to ft-server.cfg to properly reset back to normal models.
[Image: 230.png]

Ok so this is what I got in my pawny.cfg file which seems to be creating random pawnys per each team

set sv_defaultplayermodel_blue "models/player/pony.iqm models/player/pony.iqm:1 models/player/pony.iqm:2 models/player/pony.iqm:3"
set sv_defaultplayermodel_red "models/player/pony.iqm models/player/pony.iqm:1 models/player/pony.iqm:2 models/player/pony.iqm:3"

I guess for those that want to do this and set up a vote here's how I did it

create two files
pawny.cfg
erebus.cfg

In pawny.cfg I added
set sv_defaultplayermodel_blue "models/player/pony.iqm models/player/pony.iqm:1 models/player/pony.iqm:2 models/player/pony.iqm:3"
set sv_defaultplayermodel_red "models/player/pony.iqm models/player/pony.iqm:1 models/player/pony.iqm:2 models/player/pony.iqm:3"

in erebus.cfg I added

set sv_defaultplayermodel_blue "models/player/megaerebus.iqm"
set sv_defaultplayermodel_red "models/player/megaerebus.iqm"

Then I uploaded the files into my .xonotic/data folder

Now in my server.cfg I added the following

alias pawny "exec pawny.cfg"
alias erebus "exec erebus.cfg"

addvote pawny
addvote erebus

So now you or your players can vote for pawnys with vcall pawny or revert to erebus with vcall erebus
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

Ok so in order for this character be visible in the Player Model selection screen so players can use it do I just upload the xmdl-pony_v4.1.pk3 to .xonotic/data and public_html or do I unzip it and upload the structure to xonotic/data/xonotic-data.pk3dir

I tried both ways an no luck on the player/side with seeing the pony in the model selection screen.

Don't extract pk3s, that is never needed, and can actually break things (.serverpackage files).

The pk3 has a serverpackage, so it should work alright. There's a regression somewhere though, because the model selection doesn't work as intended. Needs better debugging. You should still be able to select the player model by doing
Code:
playermodel models/player/pony.iqm
clientside, or something similar. Can you confirm?

(06-20-2013, 04:42 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Don't extract pk3s, that is never needed, and can actually break things (.serverpackage files).

The pk3 has a serverpackage, so it should work alright. There's a regression somewhere though, because the model selection doesn't work as intended. Needs better debugging. You should still be able to select the player model by doing
Code:
playermodel models/player/pony.iqm
clientside, or something similar. Can you confirm?

Will have to get back to you on the player model models/player/pony.iqm not at game computer atm. I'm using a git version so just tried uploading the file structure to the data pk3 dir but no go.

Ok Ok got it sorted

In order to use the new models when a player logs into the server they have to type this in the console "menu_restart" they now can go into the game settings and the Ponys will be available.[/u]

Ow. I can't help you with the playdeb builds, I have no idea how good they are.

You shouldn't extract the pk3 directory. I guess something is broken in your personal data directory (~/.xonotic/data). I can't really tell what, though.

If I were you, I would start clean by downloading Xonotic from the website (unless you really need it as a package, it works very well standalone and does not require any install in system directories.) You should then also clean up your personal data directory by moving ~/.xonotic/data some place else so that a new one gets created when you start the game.

(08-03-2013, 05:11 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Ow. I can't help you with the playdeb builds, I have no idea how good they are.

You shouldn't extract the pk3 directory. I guess something is broken in your personal data directory (~/.xonotic/data). I can't really tell what, though.

If I were you, I would start clean by downloading Xonotic from the website (unless you really need it as a package, it works very well standalone and does not require any install in system directories.) You should then also clean up your personal data directory by moving ~/.xonotic/data some place else so that a new one gets created when you start the game.

problem solved. forgot cl_pony, and stuff.
[Image: 29025.png]

cl_pony is not a standard thing. It's a feature specific to ESK servers I believe. In other servers, you can select the model in your menu.

Even to this very day, these ponies are still popular on some servers. After all, they are cute and they add a more innocent side to Xonotic.

BS.

It's just this reinvented pony hype that's circulating on the internetsince now a few years.

(Though I have to admit, when I was 3-6 years old some more than 20 years ago, I also enjoyed watching the ORIGINAL MLP series...)
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

.... Now the people who watched them back then have grown and enjoy them now as adults... ... ...
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

Just a word to send thanks from a bronies meetup in Lille who enjoyed the mod a lot.

The irony of this is it drew more attention to the game than a LAN dedicated to Xonotic Big Grin

HAHAHA amazing! Thanks for sharing :o)
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(10-12-2014, 10:19 AM)Karamel Wrote: Just a word to send thanks from a bronies meetup in Lille who enjoyed the mod a lot.

The irony of this is it drew more attention to the game than a LAN dedicated to Xonotic Big Grin

Woah... I wouldn't have imagined! Glad my model helped that much Smile

I'm sorry I haven't worked on it more otherwise. Truth be told, I want to actually import the Blender (Garry's Mod) MLP models, and make original pony animations. Ponies walking on two legs using the Erebus animations really don't look okay to me. Hope to get around to it someday... I'll keep the thread posted about it if so Big Grin

To this day, this is still the most well-known batch of custom player models ever made for Xonotic.

I cannot download it at all, or the Renamon/Krystal player models. Link 1 says the downloads do not exist, and Link 2 requires me to sign up for a f###ing cloud service where I cannot download anything I didn't upload. The GIT repo is just a log.

Ugh... I need to re-upload these somewhere else. It's probably because the Xonotic GIT system moved to GitLab, and I'm not sure if the old repositories are still there.

(01-11-2015, 07:18 AM)pootisgumball256 Wrote: I cannot download it at all, or the Renamon/Krystal player models. Link 1 says the downloads do not exist, and Link 2 requires me to sign up for a f###ing cloud service where I cannot download anything I didn't upload. The GIT repo is just a log.

http://maps.xfiles.zone/mofo/ look for files starting with xmdl

(01-11-2015, 09:14 AM)MirceaKitsune Wrote: Ugh... I need to re-upload these somewhere else. It's probably because the Xonotic GIT system moved to GitLab, and I'm not sure if the old repositories are still there.

If you mean http://git.xonotic.org/ , that still exists.

The playermodel branches are still on the new Git repository, nothing was lost in the move.

EDIT:
Here's the pony tree: https://gitlab.com/xonotic/xonotic-data....layermodel
Also available are krystal and renamon.

Concerning those pony player models, MirceaKitsune showed me the following not too long ago:
http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/62439
Xonotic can handle those models, can't it?

It can handle models of that quality, the difficult part is making a 4-legged character a playermodel in a game like this.
Would need to wait until after some prediction changes are in to allow custom hitboxes and stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little texture pack Black-Dragon131 5 5,809 08-17-2010, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Black-Dragon131