Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WARNING: This aint kool-aid

THE HELL NO IT'S NOT FRIGGIN KOOL-AID!!! IT'S ECO LAB EMMA EFFIN ULTRA FREAKIN' KLENE!1!!one!1!! aka bad ass barely legal dish detergent. This happened when a tube attached the primer of the dish machine I use at work popped loose and shot me in the eyes. I was knocked down, blinded, and had to go to the emergency room after I flushed my eyes out. Needless to say I added some dents the steel wall when I got up, I was/am PISSED. My eyes are so damaged right now (vision went from being 20-20 to being 20-26 when they tested it there, plus movement and strain blurs them) that I'm technically not even supposed to be looking at the forum right now or trying to read anything and I'm under doctor's orders to keep my eyes covered with extremely dark sunglasses or safety goggles. The upside is it happened on the job, so workman's comp for a shift I was probably going to get cut early on anyway. FYI, getting tagged with this shit is A LOT worse than getting tagged with mace and those red marks on the skin are burns caused by the chemical, not me rubbing the area. This is also mild compared to what it looked like before I got to the hospital.

[Image: yz3zpb25nj45mnt4653_thumb.jpg]

[Image: 8bstlhrfrxpklbw6g2_thumb.jpg]

O.o I hope you regenerate quickly. Don't look at the screen then (doh don't you be reading this...) your eyelight is nothing to be toyed around with.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Ouch. Get well mate!
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

I will pray for you to have a speedy recovery.

Me too!

Get a holiday from reading this stuff by now Smile
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Ouch thats nasty. Hope you are better soon!

Sue sue sue!
Hey, want to learn to map? You might want to start here and here!

I'm alright for the most part, regained my vision when I woke up today. Still got some annoyance in the form of my eyes burning and puss getting in them, not to mention a few scabs on my left hand (got pissed off and added some dents to the steel wall) but other than that I'm fine. I'll be doing a follow up and getting some steroids and some antibiotics to further heal them and prevent infection, all at my employer's expense.

I'm happy You're recovering well. Eat healthy, eat things You like and drink some Kombucha, if You can find some.
4m038105 - Be the change.

Looks terrible! Sincere condolences. I hope you recover fast.

Oh wow mate, I would be suing their asses right now - Best regards, hope you can get better soon.

Sue who exactly? And for what? (this is honest curiosity, not sarcasm)

I guess Samual meant that if something like this happens at work, then it is very likely that his employer has been violating workplace safety regulations, rendering the employer liable for damages suffered, maybe even for pain and suffering.

I can follow that train of thought as I have NEVER ever even seen a tube of any dishwasher at any place I work and I think you shouldn't unless you're a plumber.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Fair enough. :)

(08-29-2011, 09:39 AM)Halogene Wrote: I guess Samual meant that if something like this happens at work, then it is very likely that his employer has been violating workplace safety regulations, rendering the employer liable for damages suffered, maybe even for pain and suffering.

I can follow that train of thought as I have NEVER ever even seen a tube of any dishwasher at any place I work and I think you shouldn't unless you're a plumber.

In most cases filing a lawsuit over pain and suffering is a waste of time. Now if my vision doesn't return to the 20-20 (had it checked a year ago) that it was at before this happened, I will be fetching a lawyer.

(08-29-2011, 08:26 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote:
(08-29-2011, 09:39 AM)Halogene Wrote: I guess Samual meant that if something like this happens at work, then it is very likely that his employer has been violating workplace safety regulations, rendering the employer liable for damages suffered, maybe even for pain and suffering.

In most cases filing a lawsuit over pain and suffering is a waste of time. Now if my vision doesn't return to the 20-20 (had it checked a year ago) that it was at before this happened, I will be fetching a lawyer.
Precisely, to me THAT is the real suing point.

Good to know you're getting better!
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Vision's back to normal and there's no more puss. Just got some minor scabs under my eyes.