Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Xonotic 0.5 Released

Good news! Will try it ASAP.
Xonotic project indeed needed it.
Fat.bot.Slim

THX DevTeam!!!

Time to redownload on my Linux drive.

I had a problem with my anti virus (Norton 360) seeing the xonotic exe as a security risk and removing it due to the low amount of known users. I guess it won't be a problem in the future, so just posting this as a heads up for other people who might use it.

Anyway, thanks for making this great game to everyone who contributed.

(09-08-2011, 06:35 AM)Mirio Wrote:
(09-08-2011, 06:28 AM)divVerent Wrote:
(09-08-2011, 06:24 AM)Mirio Wrote: Wooo finally! Big Grin

A known bug is also an issue with the Hagar secondary and switching weapons.

No, that one is fixed in the release.

Or is it not?

Nevermind I did not see you fix until now.

Lol, I used that and posted it on the forums as trick Big Grin didn't notice it was a bug.

But it indeed was a little too strong.

P.S. Releases work always as a player boost, I played today with ABOUT 8 PLAYERS ON A PUBLIC SERVER! Yay!

(09-08-2011, 11:51 AM)freefang Wrote: I had a problem with my anti virus (Norton 360) seeing the xonotic exe as a security risk and removing it due to the low amount of known users. I guess it won't be a problem in the future, so just posting this as a heads up for other people who might use it.

Anyway, thanks for making this great game to everyone who contributed.

Your antivirus has a great sense of humor.

Also Norton.

Actually my antivirus Avast also propose me to execute Xonotic 0.5 in the "Sandbox" because it suspects Xonotic to be dangerous Rolleyes
Whatever, I also noted that Xonotic is freezing anytime I try to apply new video settings XO
I'm running on Windows XP SP3 (sorry about that :p ) and my (ridiculous) graphic card is a Geforce 6150 LE.
I you have any idea...
Excuse me in advance for my bad english

Congrats Devs and others, good job getting your map in Kuniu!

Khracix Wrote:I also noted that Xonotic is freezing anytime I try to apply new video settings

I get about a four to five second freeze when I do, before it applies. How long have you let it sit?

(09-08-2011, 11:51 AM)freefang Wrote: I had a problem with my anti virus (Norton 360) seeing the xonotic exe as a security risk and removing it due to the low amount of known users.

Does it immediately delete all exe files you compile yourself? :D
chooksta Wrote:640t ought to be enuf for antibody
- microsoft windows

I let it sit for about 30seconds but the visual studio debugger start when it happens, it would mean xonotic has crashed =/
Excuse me in advance for my bad english

AWESOME! This is great news - I've been looking forward to a new release for quite a while! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

(09-08-2011, 03:17 PM)naryl Wrote:
(09-08-2011, 11:51 AM)freefang Wrote: I had a problem with my anti virus (Norton 360) seeing the xonotic exe as a security risk and removing it due to the low amount of known users.

Does it immediately delete all exe files you compile yourself? Big Grin

No clue, I haven't used languages that need to produce exe files yet, though I wouldn't be surprised.

Argh, I had noticed this antivirus issue before but didn't think it would be that much of an issue

My only question is though, what the hell are we doing wrong that avast/norton dislikes? Clearly it's NOT a virus....

This just went up on our priority list Sad

(09-08-2011, 04:16 PM)Samual Wrote: Argh, I had noticed this antivirus issue before but didn't think it would be that much of an issue

My only question is though, what the hell are we doing wrong that avast/norton dislikes? Clearly it's NOT a virus....

This just went up on our priority list Sad

From what I understand it compares the file with their database, and if there is not enough reason to assume it is safe (ie, enough people have used it without problems). I submitted the case as a false positive to Norton, so I guess there is nothing else to do than to make the game more popular. Wink

Hey, this is awesome news!

Congrats to all Big Grin
Hope we get players this time
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

Hey! Cool!

Is there some new music too?

Getting it via p2p Smile
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

AHHAA, I looked at the Xonotic server list last night and saw there were only a few ..I was like uh-oh whats happening here.
Great news guys, good work!!!
nomnomnomnonmonm:
"the best trolls are indistinguishable from idiots"

BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE!!! Gonna post this on my facebook wall now!

Congratulations to all developers for this release! Smile
Ciao Smile
Massimo

i ment the release , not the size of my thing.....

I HAZ A BIG PING!

t

:^

Congrat`s to the devel team and all contributors. To help you i spread the news to my romanian users that read my blog. Keep up the good work Smile

http://creationn.wordpress.com/2011/09/09/xonotic-0-5/

How come I only see like 6 site's with the news release on...??
Come on, who's handling the press release!?

Other then that, feedback I've had from outside players has been generally very good, especially the weapons/gameplay in general.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Now that I still can´t play online because of my miserable ping (yes, there´s no solution) I played a lot of matches against bots and it seems like they don´t see the waypoints in some maps. They just stand there and catch items if they can. Maybe another bug? Or just some missing files?

(09-09-2011, 12:39 PM)Maddin Wrote: Now that I still can´t play online because of my miserable ping (yes, there´s no solution) I played a lot of matches against bots and it seems like they don´t see the waypoints in some maps. They just stand there and catch items if they can. Maybe another bug? Or just some missing files?

Probably some missing waypoints. Please report on http://dev.xonotic.org which maps have these problems and if possible include screenshots

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star Xonotic 0.8.2 released! Antibody 35 47,363 04-14-2017, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Th3 TqMaZ45
  XonStat data snapshot released Antibody 10 14,351 01-21-2017, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Antibody
  Xonotic 0.8.1 Released! Antibody 36 38,256 01-02-2016, 11:33 AM
Last Post: [*Mr.Chri$*]
  Xonotic 0.8 Released! Antibody 77 94,170 02-15-2015, 07:25 PM
Last Post: nowego4
  Xonotic 0.7 Released! Antibody 92 167,910 12-22-2014, 06:06 PM
Last Post: sol-invictus
  ZeroQL has released his fragmovie! CuBe0wL 0 6,189 10-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
  Automatic Update Script for Autobuilds Released Antibody 1 10,331 06-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Last Post: unfa
  Xonotic 0.1 Preview Released merlijn 63 83,288 02-22-2011, 06:06 AM
Last Post: chooksta