Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Realtime World Lighting?

Hi guys,

I get a huge fps improvement when I disable Realtime World Lighting. My question is: does it actually make things look better? Also, does Xonotic utilise more than 1 gpu/cpu core?

Thanks,

Cam

Yes, realtime world lightning does make the maps that have them look better. However, I have to friendly warn you, you're spamming the forum.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Realtime World Lighting means using the engine and not the compilers for lighting. While you can get high quality light and shadows out of it, most maps aren't optimized for it (AFAIK).
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

Thanks. Ooops, I have been rather active on these forums lol.

(09-11-2011, 12:25 PM)rocknroll237 Wrote: Hi guys,

I get a huge fps improvement when I disable Realtime World Lighting. My question is: does it actually make things look better? Also, does Xonotic utilise more than 1 gpu/cpu core?

Thanks,

Cam

It improves the look of things quite a bit, but you can get more frames per second if you turn it off. As for multi-core support I don't think Xonotic knows how to utilize more than one CPU, though the development team has surprised me before.

(09-11-2011, 12:45 PM)C.Brutail Wrote: I have to friendly warn you, you're spamming the forum.

Someone mentioned spam?

Xonotic sure can use multiple GPUs in a SLI arrangement. Games need no specific support for that.

As for multiple CPUs: the SDL executable does sound in a separate thread, which gains about 5% to 10% CPU power. Also, at least nvidia drivers do offload some OpenGL driver work to an extra thread. Other than that, the game is not multithreaded.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

This is why we can't have nice GIBS!

Gibs are primarily GPU bound Tongue multithreading wouldn't help them.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

Sad

I really love all the blood and body particles! Especially in minsta, and the with cl_decals 999 Big Grin

After a match the whole map is then one big blood pool, and all walls are black of the shots, it requires a good computer, but that looks awesome!

(09-12-2011, 12:37 PM)Mepper Wrote: Sad

I really love all the blood and body particles! Especially in minsta, and the with cl_decals 999 Big Grin

After a match the whole map is then one big blood pool, and all walls are black of the shots, it requires a good computer, but that looks awesome!

You know you're a vampire when ...

Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Solved] Make Xonotic Truly Portable? WizardFait 1 4,851 01-08-2016, 07:14 AM
Last Post: Halogene
  [SOLVED] Prevent cmds and .cfgs from being permanent? rocknroll237 6 6,550 12-17-2011, 08:23 AM
Last Post: rocknroll237