Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[SUGGESTION] Suggest maps

I heard that none of the official nexuiz maps will be included? If that's so:

Final Rage, Stormkeep, Strength, Runningman, Mikectf2 (probably not as official included maps, but perhaps release them in a Mappack with good old nexuiz maps).

(04-09-2010, 06:23 PM)Roanoke Wrote: Eggandbacon should not be removed. It's not intended as a gameplay map, it's supposed to allow the user to test all the weapons. It does this well, and it should be kept.

Yes but its still used as a gameplay map, which is rather silly.

Well, you don't outlaw knives because not everyone uses them for bread.

Well, people have different opinions about what they consider fun.. Minsta CTF+Hook on eggandbackon with 8+ players per team is fun Big Grin
He can talk the talk, but can he caulk the caulk?

fury_castle by Lo

(04-10-2010, 08:06 AM)Cortez666 Wrote:
(04-10-2010, 06:47 AM)Mirio Wrote: I would like to add Pushme (!), Reservoir, Capture City.

you know push me is just a dm map with some flags added?
I thought about optimizing sven capture city, since it aleady got some nice visuals. It would be much work.
I know I want the DM map Smile
(04-10-2010, 08:06 AM)Cortez666 Wrote:
(04-10-2010, 06:47 AM)Mirio Wrote: What about a Facing and Greatwall mix to get ultimate camp fest!!! Jk Wink

Which Facing world and which greatwall? because there are many of them

The "new" Facing with a big wall in the middle or greatwall_reloaded3 with the pyramids of Facing as bases Tongue

And Blockscape is such a bad map.. ugh!

Dunno if this has been mentioned, but lavaflag.

Someone needs to look up an Unreal Tournament map called INYOURFACE. Funniest crap, it's exactly that too. Picture the two towers of facing worlds put together so ridiculously close together that the entrances are touching and picture small bridges between each tower connecting the second and third levels. I don't think there would much camping on a map inspired by that.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

lee. awesome idea Smile
He can talk the talk, but can he caulk the caulk?

Agreed. Solves camping easily.

(04-09-2010, 06:11 PM)Sepelio Wrote: Please do not remake mentalspace in any way shape or form. Or eggsandbacon. If we want a game that is better than nexuiz these maps should be flushed down the toilet. Nothing against the people that made them, I just think the maps are awful and have no place in a high quality game.

+1 to Seppelio..someone thinking on a sensible wavefront Smile
Oh for map suggestions, would like to see Bleach..but re-done, anuerysm, for ctf I would like to see that map with the pirate ships made by Oblivion, cleft-village Tongue
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

(04-22-2010, 05:58 AM)kojn^ Wrote: +1 to Seppelio..someone thinking on a sensible wavefront Smile
Of course, eliminating eggandbacon would be a folly.

(04-22-2010, 05:58 AM)kojn^ Wrote: ...for ctf I would like to see that map with the pirate ships made by Oblivion...

Oh god, please not corsair. Corsair always crippled my machine's fps even on the lowest goddam settings.

corsair is so unique though...
and cleft village. This map looks so nice and plays so crap : ( .if only there was an alternative to an open roof path somehow Smile
I also like hot grounds for DM . another unique map,
the one (DM) tZork made iirc with 3 levels and an evil theme.
potala could fit as well . crazy map .and ancient, its fun.

Ngstation also, with the brokable roof was nice and campy.
And (sigh) penthouse oh penthouse : (

(04-22-2010, 04:49 PM)booo Wrote: corsair is so unique though...
This piece of paper is unique because of this scribble here. Therefore, this piece of paper > all other pieces of paper.

Bleach
aneursym
dieselpower
controlfactor 2x
cb_ctf 4
gasoline powered
Dance 2x dance_neutered (is there any difference?)
egg and bacon
Hydronex(renamed obviously),egyptronex
Capture City 2x
Block Scape
gothic block 2x
skycastle 2x
stonecastle
fighterbay
gforce 2x
ancient
go 2x
evilspace 2x
vector wars 2x
saint
moonstone
spyglass
towers
soylent 2x
altars
transz 2x
white noise
accident
aggressor
broken world
ctf_ftw
facing worlds
mentalrespaced
vegaspace
victory
Pushme
Reservoir
Final Rage
Stormkeep
Strength
Runningman
Mikectf2
fury_castle
cleft-village (which version? there are five)
corsair
hot grounds aka cbdm1
temple of enternal night
potala
Ngstation
penthouse

i guess that are all the suggestions, which have been made so far.

Hmm

Why not suggesting all old maps? The important ones could be done for v1.0...after that every version will get old (remade) maps!
There are loads of maps they cannot be updated at the same time so may remaking all from time to time? Wink Smile

(04-23-2010, 09:58 AM)Debugger Wrote: Why not suggesting all old maps?

because some like basement really deserv to be forgotten forever

Haha, I love Cortez's bluntness!

Although it is not a great map at all, it's fun for a run around in, it's not the kind of map I would see in any other GOOD commerical FPS.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

whats cool about basement and the ctf version?

(04-17-2010, 01:48 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: Someone needs to look up an Unreal Tournament map called INYOURFACE. Funniest crap, it's exactly that too. Picture the two towers of facing worlds put together so ridiculously close together that the entrances are touching and picture small bridges between each tower connecting the second and third levels. I don't think there would much camping on a map inspired by that.

I would like to try my hand at that. Would you happen to have some screenshots?

(04-24-2010, 12:23 PM)DeadOnArrival Wrote:
(04-17-2010, 01:48 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: Someone needs to look up an Unreal Tournament map called INYOURFACE. Funniest crap, it's exactly that too. Picture the two towers of facing worlds put together so ridiculously close together that the entrances are touching and picture small bridges between each tower connecting the second and third levels. I don't think there would much camping on a map inspired by that.

I would like to try my hand at that. Would you happen to have some screenshots?

that would be just a matter of some min. just use C.Brutail's facing and move the towers close together

Capture City of course, although I would prefer an updated version.
[Image: xonoticbychatot.png]

(04-24-2010, 01:23 PM)Cheshire Cat Wrote: Capture City of course, although I would prefer an updated version.

http://maps.nexuizninjaz.com/capturecity_revisited.pk3 there is one but it runs not very smooth

I seen some awesome maps on several servers. Not sure how many were Quake converted though. I shall make a list at some point, with the maps I have and believe could be included.

Capturecity I don't agree with personally, because it's a very simple map. If someone can turn it into a detailed city with lots of signs / fences / broken abandoned cars, good textures and all, I think it would be good (haven't tried capturecity_revisited yet). I could try working on that map, when more textures and media are included on the GIT server.

For a general thought, I would suggest looking at Doc-Pythons maps. Some are really good, like Deep Drill or Morph Remake (not sure if that's different enough from the UT Morpheus). Might need retexturing and stuff to look less cartoony but I like the maps.

[EDIT] Just realized I actually have played capturecity_revisited. I like that map, and agree it could be a nice default. The low frame rate is caused by the flame particles on the cars... you can turn particles off temporarily to fix that, until the map is optimized (if it's still being worked on). I also believe the fog is a bit too dense, and it feels like it's underwater.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Old maps / "low-quality maps" Debugger 8 9,283 02-07-2011, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin