Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XONOTIC NEW SCREENSHOTS

I noticed that the official screenshots were taken without any antialising and looked ugly as a result, so I made a few new ones! I didn't have time to take a great deal of screenshots though, as supersample aaa seriously strains my computer. I will take more in the future as I find the time to.

anyway you can get them as an imgur album here: http://imgur.com/a/AX9yR#0 (I will continually update this)

If you would like to download all of the images at once you can get them here: http://ubuntuone.com/53KLFyM2V2MKuAzLgz3CqU (I will try to keep this link up-to-date)

These images are hereby released under a CC BY-SA 2.5 licence, so if you want to use them for promotional or other use (hint hint), go ahead.

That's cool, mind if I turn a couple of them into loadscreens?

A suggestion I would make is to reduce the FOV when making these screenshots. When not viewed fullscreen, they just don't look right. If you reduce FOV, it will still look OK at fullscreen but will look much less funny when viewed as a smaller image on a website.

I would also suggest that as these are architectural shots rather than gameplay shots that they might look better without items on the maps. Just go into playing mode and pick them up, then spec and take your screenshots. This makes the levels look much cleaner.
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

edh - Right. FOV is a problem, as is the entire lack of players.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

(12-23-2012, 11:52 AM)Antibody Wrote: edh - Right. FOV is a problem, as is the entire lack of players.

Yeah, awesome action shots and epic frags are needed in this album too.

(12-23-2012, 06:37 AM)asyyy Wrote: That's cool, mind if I turn a couple of them into loadscreens?

Is it possible to have map specific loading screens? Or maybe even a slideshow! It'd be a nice touch if this was possible with some great screenshots.
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

(12-23-2012, 06:58 AM)edh Wrote: I would also suggest that as these are architectural shots rather than gameplay shots that they might look better without items on the maps. Just go into playing mode and pick them up, then spec and take your screenshots. This makes the levels look much cleaner.

IIRC that leaves the ghosts (low opacity black items of the same). Just use a LMS match (for the DM maps at least) or Minsta mutator.

Also, slightly off-topic, but I couldn't help but notice that the current voting screenshot of Stormkeep has the "Finish" waypoint visible.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ELO and screenshots afullo 18 14,106 04-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Last Post: afullo