Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What traps should I make?

What kinds of traps should I have in a map. I have pits and lava and floors that break out, but what else can I have?

What are good types of rooms to have in a map, I want it to be fun

Ah... You're a mapper. Well, you could use every kind of trap you want, but make it obviously a trap, players should be able to recognize them.

What type map? If you want to make a map for Xonotic you should be aware of how you play this game. Xonotic is an extremely fast game, and for that reason maps inside houses are nota good idea.
In Xonotic maps you always have to be able to move arount swiftly. You shouldn't just make some rooms. I think you should first take a look at other Xonotic maps. But I think you shouldn't build just another facility, we have plenty of them. If you could make an outdoor map that would be better, we still only have a few outdoor maps.

I'm not interested in making maps for the official package or style, so I cannot take your advice. I am asking for your ideas as to what traps. Currently I have pit traps (spikes and lava). What other sorts of traps can be made?

I know this may peturb you, but not all are usefull for the official mission of adding to the core game. I enjoy the medeval style more. Please don't say "well just leave then". I use this as a base of technology to make things in. I don't enjoy normal deathmatch and never have made such maps. The warpzone feature of this game is one that is not found in others except for old unreal and crystalspace. I find this game useful for that reason alone.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I Make an Edge Shader? MrDetonia 3 4,452 04-16-2015, 02:30 AM
Last Post: zeeshan002
  How to make a vault door in NetRadiant aa 4 5,519 11-03-2013, 08:29 PM
Last Post: tZork
  how do i make the axis on a rotating door horizontal? tangerian 5 5,327 07-15-2012, 12:06 PM
Last Post: hutty
Question Request textures. I'll make. Ihsan 20 21,579 12-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Last Post: unfa
  Anyway to take a .bsp and make it a .map file again? MintOX 6 10,965 10-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Last Post: MintOX
Exclamation Nex/Xon - powerful enough to make only one per map? Minkovsky 12 11,468 09-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Last Post: tZork
  How to make dynamic lighting Cuinnton 4 5,567 07-21-2010, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Cuinnton