Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] [Solved] transparency texture stop to be trans.

Last time I have edited the map I worked on it "x-evilspaceremix" I had a transparency texture which I borowed in the evilspace map made by cortez666. it was about at the end of july. Yesterday I edited the map to work on it and the textures are not trans anymore. I compared with evilspace map and it has also lost its transparency. I used different maps version and I have the same result.

[Image: tYWY5bg]

I looked at the shaders boths maps and parameters seems to be right.

Is someone has an idea about what hapenned?

==============================================

The shader did not fit anymore with the latest xonotic version. I wrote a new one based on an other shader. I followed the Maddin advice, well I tried evrething told here.

check if the shader is added to
Code:
scripts/shaderlist.txt
and/or try to create a new shader tag file...
Netradiant > Plugins > ShaderPlug > Create tag file

should solve it Smile

Is there a "trim-truss_alpha.jpg" texture in "textures/map_x-evilspaceremix/"? Or does this texture use an alphachannel? (Then it has to be a .tga!)

I´m also not quiet sure whether the two stages in the shader are correct. They could also cause this problem. You may have a look at the exx-shaderfile for some samples.

What version where you running them in then and what version now?

When I fired up 0.5 (I think) for the first time, all textures with alpha had black instead of alpha (grates, etc.). I went in to settings>effects and was setting them to how I like, and later textures had alpha. Don't know what I changed, or if that was the cause at all, just thought I'd relay it.

@ It'sMe: It doesnt work anyway it is not an editing problem with netradiant because same thing appened with evilspace map and I did not edit that map.
@ Maddin: I've got the textures all of them alpha+normal and like I say to It'sMe I realized it is not an editing problem.

@nowego4: "all textures with alpha had black instead of alpha"
recently I upgraded to 0.5 autobuild. I think I have the same problem. First I will delete my config file and then I'll work around the setting video parameters.

I'd like to know the shader name of the problematic grates.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

(09-20-2011, 08:22 AM)divVerent Wrote: I'd like to know the shader name of the problematic grates.

The shader name is "trim-truss"
also
in afterslime map I see only illuminated textures as lamp textures, slime textures, megahealth effect...
I've tried many video setting but the map still black. I also deleted the 2g3h1234345756jkf85kg95ish-afterslime map I had in dlcache.

It´s caused by realtime worldlighting, there should be a recent thread about that somewhere in the forum.

Did you tried to redownload the game to solve this non-working transparency?

(09-20-2011, 01:34 PM)Maddin Wrote: It´s caused by realtime worldlighting, there should be a recent thread about that somewhere in the forum.

Did you tried to redownload the game to solve this non-working transparency?

I redownload the game and the map afterslime show itself as its suppose to be but not the trim-truss texture in evilspace map. Thank you for the tip.

The shader did not fit anymore with the latest xonotic version. I wrote a new one based on an other shader. I followed the Maddin advice, well I tried evrething friends told me here.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Need old rifle model(solved) Kotangens 8 3,149 08-27-2020, 01:42 AM
Last Post: Kotangens
Question [NEED HELP] How to create warpzones? (solved) Kotangens 10 4,625 08-19-2020, 07:05 AM
Question [NEED HELP] How to use textures for radiant(win version)? (solved) Kotangens 4 2,892 08-12-2020, 01:33 AM
Question [NEED HELP] can't build netradiant (SOLVED) bananovenc 7 4,418 12-25-2019, 03:34 PM
Last Post: illwieckz
  [SOLVED] Not displayed sky texture Cybermax 5 4,663 03-17-2016, 05:14 AM
Last Post: Maddin
  [NEEDS INFO] Game crashes while loading - could not load texture "overkillbullet" |OSiRiS| 5 5,375 10-17-2015, 03:44 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SOLVED] [Solved]How to install or runn Xonotic Kaddafi 10 10,394 10-10-2015, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Halogene
  [NEED HELP] XDF Weapon transparency kojn^ 1 3,172 09-14-2015, 12:51 PM
Last Post: Beagle
  [SOLVED] texture shows in NetRadiant but not in game BuddyFriendGuy 3 4,573 04-02-2015, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Maddin
  [SOLVED] [Solved] Not appearing on XonStat medimatrix 8 7,399 08-14-2013, 07:39 AM
Last Post: Antibody