Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diablo 3

Sad 
If you haven't heard the news follow the links

Diablo 3 no offline play
Daiblo 3 mods expressly prohibited
Diablo 3 In-game auction

The last article isn't a biggy for me as i would just ignore it if it was included, but that constant online connection. Africa doesn't even have a constant electric supply, and they want an constant online connection! For a game whose multiplayer i'll never touch!

Sad day. i really liked blizzard and its games, Diablo 3 was on my list, right below Rage. Now what's the point. <sigh>
How long is a piece of string?

Whoa, the anti mod tone that Blizzard is taking is actually a bit of a shame, but I understand their reasons. As for the online only, it's what they did for SCII so it doesn't surprise me, ashame that people like yourself can't play. Thanks for the heads up on new... I might like this board more and more.

I already knew this game was going to be bad when I first saw screens of it's current art direction, knew it would be worse when they were getting rid of skill trees. The stuff announced is just the final nail in this game's coffin. A shame really, Blizzard NORTH had an awesome version of Diablo III in production before the current Blizzard canned it, faithful to the original art style and everything. btw The Protoss expansion for StarCraft II will be the LAST thing I buy from Blizzard, there's a reason as to why people flipped when they merged with asshole-run (Bobby Kotick is pretty high up on my shit list) Activision. Only thing anybody can do when commercial developers pull this kind of crap on customers is fail to acknowledge the game's existence all together and not buy, pirate (doing this acknowledges that there is still a demand for the game, whether they're getting paid or not, also gives them ammo to use against customers), or play it.

These are just some more reasons not to play this game. Diablo III should not be like WoW but it is getting closer and closer. Diablo II was such an awesome horror hack n slay game but Diablo III is going to be a boring version of WoW. Probably I won´t play Diablo III.

they cut 50 things before release and pack them into editions, DLC's or whatever, and now pay to have them all.
The no-mod approach is particularly disturbing, they see mods as threat to their own "paid content". If there are maps for free who would want to buy remakes of old maps...
Nobody cares anymore, maybe valve, most of the time.

Full money in game auction with the exception of hardcore mode... I see this completely destroying non-monetary economy. I'll only buy the game if you can go into normal servers free of this.

Heh, I swore to never buy from Blizzard when they cancelled Starcraft: Ghost :] Though I have almost all their previous games.
chooksta Wrote:640t ought to be enuf for antibody
- microsoft windows

(08-05-2011, 02:29 AM)naryl Wrote: Heh, I swore to never buy from Blizzard when they cancelled Starcraft: Ghost :] Though I have almost all their previous games.

Blizzard isn't Blizzard any more, actually they haven't been the same for quite some time (they changed quite a bit when they shut down Blizzard North and cancelled the original Diablo III). The Activision merger was the final nail in that coffin, the last thing getting released that will resemble a Blizzard game is going to be the final SC2 expansion.

(08-01-2011, 12:52 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: I already knew this game was going to be bad when I first saw screens of it's current art direction...
Same here, first screeny i saw of it made me quite sad since iv been playing d2 and lod preddy much since those was released. and was looking forward to the squeal for some time. This new info just confirms that blizz's diablo team lost their style and apparently now also any sorta care for the old school players/modders. Oh well, i guess some other game/studio else will pick up that player base soon enough.

Torchlight 2 and Grim Dawn. they look promising. a pity they're going to be digitally distributed, still means i can't get them.
<Le sigh, Le big big sigh>

btw this is what the Blizzard NORTH version would have looked like if it wasn't canned. I get pissed off every time I look at and read this page.
http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comment...diablo-iii

oh, the arrogance. i've got to say, this is the worst possible statement i've heard from a developer. here i was thinking that if i play the way i play, and i win, the fault is the game designer's; and if play the way i play, and lose, then it's mine.

Diablo 3 game director speaks out

Hey that's pretty cool, we should do the same for xonotic!

Closed Beta started.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/09/diablo-...ins-today/

Lets see which testresults come out in the next days ...
[Image: Sigsig.jpg]