Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
minideck_v4r4

After yet another retexturing round (it does make sense to use a single texture pack for most of the textures) i present to you the umpteenth iteration of minideck

download:

http://shirkhan.dyndns.org/~tapas/minideck_v4r4.pk3

screeny:

[Image: ql5tq.jpg]

plz let me know of any serious troubles with this version..

EDIT: uploading a new file that has less crud in it..

EDIT2: newest version uploaded. This one I DO consider final ;D
He can talk the talk, but can he caulk the caulk?

There are missing textures.

These round things which pretends sniping are a good idea but they look weird.

The slime is too dark and too opaque.

The teleporter is cheap man, you can do it better!

Missing bot-support.

Some better minor texture alignment here and there.

The map is a real performance killer. VIS-optimize it!

These are all bad things I could remember, anything else is pretty good! Wink

ouch Big Grin ok. will tackle these points next weekend when i have some time..

No problem, its still a beta version right? Wink

indeed ;D it will never be final.. (at this rate at least)

(09-25-2011, 02:23 PM)lda17h Wrote: it will never be final.. (at this rate at least)

i just did some math and the release date of final version of this map will be the 1st October.

2025!
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

I just hope that I myself live long enough to see that day..

updated main post with new version.. plz check it out.. i kinda like it..

Looking good, will try it later today.

Some comments/suggestions based on the that screeny:
[Image: foPPVl.jpg]

red: high contrast (darker or lighter then the floor) trim's facing upwards. This helps players spot edges in time and helps visuals too.

blue: variation, cut up/add some different panels to the walls. Variate the size/shape/colour of those pipes a bit. large repeating surfaces and multiple precisely duplicate objects always look off to the human eye.

tZork: Thanks for the comments. Is there an easy way to create trims for bevel CAPS? I mean, it's simple enough for normal brushes (one can use the clipper), but I avoided doing trims for the bevels cause the only way way I'd know would be using patch meshes..

its a bit more tricky indeed. basically you need to create the curved trim part manually (make a new patch, wrangle it into shape in vert edit mode), then take the 'old cap' and re-size it to fit on 'inside' of that new patch. i can make some screenies of how i do it tomorrow if that description is to shady Tongue

There's several good examples of this on farewell too.

tZork. Nah, that's how I would have done it. I just wondered if there was a simpler way Big Grin

no, no real simple way. at least none i know of. otoh since maps tend to use same/similar sized bevel's in many places, its mostly copypasta after the first one.

Played on this map yesterday and I find it really awesome. The only problem I had that it was so dark in the corridors that I barely saw what I was walking on (high details). I had to brighten my monitor to play properly. However, when I was rendering a demo into a movie later using the ultra settings it seemed it was ok - strange.

edit:
Scrap that - now I'm watching the movie and it's as dark as it was while I was playing. I need to get darker curtains :-P.
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie