Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
weapon models

I am going to take a stab at making a weapon set, for (hopefully) every weapon. I can't make any guarantees, and it will take awhile, but I am making progress.

fist of all, the nex (whatever they decide to call it)
[Image: nexfinalish.jpg?t=1270338331]
I might make some changes here to differentiate it from the MG

and the possible camping rifle replacement
[Image: assaultrifle5-1.jpg?t=1270230184]

machine gun
[Image: machinegunwip2.jpg?t=1270303240]

this is where I will post my progress.

cheers!
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Those look very nice. Also; Hi!

-K
Camping nerds and their xons....

lol thanks. and hi

so I have heard several times that xonotic will have several factions. would it be reasonable to assume that different weapons would be from different factions? (in style, as well)

Imgur Gallery

good models!!!
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

(04-02-2010, 02:00 PM)theShadow Wrote: lol thanks. and hi

so I have heard several times that xonotic will have several factions. would it be reasonable to assume that different weapons would be from different factions? (in style, as well)

From what I've read on here ALL of the factions will use the same weapons. Whether or not the weapons look the same, I don't know, but I assume that they would use identical models. It would be pretty cool if each factions weapons sets did look different though.

ok, vote off time. I have to nex concepts. which is better? (whichever one is decided, i will then go and refine it a little more. what we are mostly looking at now is the barrel. )

[Image: voteofftime.jpg?t=1270305916]

Imgur Gallery

Yoda, that was exactly what i wanted to see. I really love the first one. Maybe the second one could be used for the minstanex or vice versa. Or if the factions idea is approved it could be separate

Yoda shows us awesome! They both look equally cool, but the top one looks meaner and would probably best be used as a minsta nex while the second one looks like it would be best used as a nex.

I vote top for standard nex, bottom for minsta.
If modelers make enough models, we can have per faction models, but let's get tolerable models first.

updated the nex model at the top Wink

Imgur Gallery

I vote top. It looks like it would require some sort of system of supports to hold the two parts of the barrel together though.
[Image: jngsiggy.png]

or maybe just magic. technological magic.

Imgur Gallery

I vote for top one too. It looks really good from that view, but I'm wondering what's it going to look like in player pov? Have to keep that in mind, because most details seem to be on the sides of the gun, you should think about making it interesting on the top too. Anyway, good job so far, sir.

I vote for the top nex. It looks like what its supposed to. The second one looks too conventional.

ok. I updated the first post with the new nex model.

Imgur Gallery

It looks like the stock is oddly shaped, though.

you're right. i fill fix that, along with the rifle stock.

Imgur Gallery

early wip shotgun.
[Image: shotgun.jpg?t=1270508564]

Imgur Gallery

NICE! Though I think it would look more like a shotgun with a shorter barrel length and a drum magazine.

Very nice models! Very nice indeed!

I just realized that the MG you posted looks exactly like the rifle/mg from Tremulous.

-K
Camping nerds and their xons....

For the nex model, what if the entire barrel of the gun was rotated 90 degrees so that from the player perspective you can still see the split down the middle? This would make it have a very distinctive look, but it also might look really silly. Just an idea.

sorry for the delay, I've been kinda busy for the last 3 days.

anyway, rocket launcher!
[Image: RLwip1.jpg?t=1271438254]

Imgur Gallery

+1. thats looking really good.

Good direction, but a few things to mention.
I would make the muzzle have a larger diameter.
I would also remove the laser sight. It's strange when it stops abruptly and doesn't work for aiming. Rockets are also curvy.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo Morphed's used brushes for weapon and item model texturing LegendGuard 0 1,711 11-30-2022, 12:32 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  [NEED HELP] Editing Pick-Up Models NoClue 3 1,136 11-25-2022, 06:17 AM
Last Post: NoClue
  [NEED HELP] Weapon shader isn't doing as I'm intending to do LegendGuard 0 1,049 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  List of Free/GPL Models & Programs AllegedlyDead 7 14,249 10-26-2021, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Dares
  How to import Weapon Models? NoClue 6 3,420 12-23-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Julius
Brick New Shotgun and Uzi models MirceaKitsune 6 4,080 07-17-2020, 01:18 PM
Last Post: _para
  [NEED HELP] NetRadiant Models Not Working 3agle427 7 5,279 06-26-2020, 11:40 AM
Last Post: DarkFox
Rainbow [NEED HELP] Player models. Import to blender, export to xonotic. Snekky 1 3,645 04-19-2020, 09:16 AM
Last Post: DarkFox
  [NEED HELP] Texture problems in MD3 exported models (Quake 3) xLuca91x 9 6,592 03-31-2020, 03:13 PM
Last Post: xLuca91x
  Renamon & Krystal player models MirceaKitsune 37 59,630 12-12-2019, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Mario