Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
netradiant not showing normal and gloss maps

I'm using the netradiant in the git package of Xonotic and sent the path but all I get in my texture browser are diffuse or color maps and no bump maps, normal maps, or specular maps. All the maps are in my git folder though so I know they are there so I'm wondering if there is a setting I'm missing in Netradiant? Thanks for any help in advance.
SAVAGE
[Image: SavageFinal-1.jpg]

You don't need to see them in radiant. At least that's my understanding. The engine uses the bump/normal/glow/gloss-maps automatically if they exist...
He can talk the talk, but can he caulk the caulk?

(09-26-2011, 12:31 PM)lda17h Wrote: You don't need to see them in radiant. At least that's my understanding. The engine uses the bump/normal/glow/gloss-maps automatically if they exist...

That's my understanding too.

Okay, so basically, if I apply the diffuse the corresponding normal and speculars will be applied?
When I was watching tutorials online, they had normal and speculars showing in their texture browsers
SAVAGE

The normal and gloss and such textures are only important for the engine. Since the NetRadiant isn´t able to render instantly there´s no need to see them. And it also would be a big mess...

Now gtkradiant had a preview(static lights) for realtime lighting for id tech 4 games, idk if it works for xon/nexuiz
[Image: foxtrotcproggry.jpg]

No idea how to enable that light preview EVEN though I know quite a lot Radiant code...
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

This preview you are talking about TH3FTBOT only works in GtkRadiant 1.6 (also know as ZeroRadiant), NetRadiant is 1.5.

Thanks guys, you've been very helpful, I'll play around with it some more and see if I have any other questions for ya.
SAVAGE

NO Maddin it does work in gtk 1.5, make a doom3,q4.,, etc map and press "F3". -Edit: works in netradiant too.
[Image: foxtrotcproggry.jpg]

Yes, I just don't know what needs to be done to make this work in Q3A maps too. In NetRadiant, Q3A maps and D3 maps use a totally different editor, from the code base. It will be hard to make features from one work in the other.

But as always, patches for this are very welcome.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

But as long as naming conventions match, I can make a diffuse with the appropriate normal and gloss maps and they will be used? Say I made my own texture named "bloody_rock.tga" I can choose it and it will automatically find my "bloody_rock_gloss.tga" and my "bloody_rock_norm.tga" with them being located in the same file of course?
SAVAGE

@SavageDogg: Yes.

@TH3FTBOT: Oh ok, then I jumbled something...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow NetRadiant-custom Garux 25 12,266 03-06-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: anoob
  Updated Xonotic gamepacks for NetRadiant and NetRadiant-custom SpiKe 2 1,809 06-25-2023, 06:02 PM
Last Post: anoob
  [NEED HELP] No Spawn Point In NetRadiant Map daspeller 0 22,138 10-19-2022, 07:22 PM
Last Post: daspeller
Information Updated NetRadiant builds illwieckz 7 7,814 06-29-2022, 02:33 AM
Last Post: illwieckz
  Can't get netradiant to work with Xonotic NoClue 2 2,393 06-14-2022, 01:25 PM
Last Post: NoClue
  [NEED HELP] Custom NetRadiant Textures / Textures Not Loading 3agle427 3 3,948 09-03-2021, 01:40 PM
Last Post: HIBANEZ
  Netradiant brush outline in 2D view grid mode Nyx 2 1,595 08-05-2021, 12:27 AM
Last Post: Nyx
  NetRadiant for Xonotic? Betaversion 3 2,377 12-22-2020, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Betaversion
  [NEED HELP] NetRadiant Models Not Working 3agle427 7 5,281 06-26-2020, 11:40 AM
Last Post: DarkFox
  [NEED HELP] NetRadiant Window 3agle427 4 3,217 01-11-2019, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Julius