Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server Admins - Please add at least 1 bot per public server

Wink 
Hey Every1,

I know... Botz suck and are annoying but I do think they are helpful in getting users to stay until another hominid joins. Here is my reasoning: Most of the North American servers are empty because no one connects and when they do there are not even botz to frag into oblivion!? Botz keep people busy till real humans arrive! This sux for me because I'm always looking to play with ANYONE on public servers and NO ONE is on them. So, if you are a server admin - please consider adding at least 1 bot to your server. Besides, if you are the admin you can always remove them with rcon when you join your newly popular server. So, lets get fraggin' on this awesome game!

Your thoughts, rants, bitchin' or moanin'?

You can use the "minplayers" setting to only add as many bots as needed.

Like, when minplayers is set to 3, then when there is 1 player, there will be 2 bots; when there are 2 players, there will be 1 bot; when there are 3 or more players, all bots will disconnect.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

i agree with this , excellent idea.

nothing needs to be added to this convo , so

GET TO IT NERDS!

for the greater good of our game.

t

:^

YES! Thanks Div and Chook!

I think a current screen shot of the 0 (Thats ZERO players in North America) tells the whole story.

[Image: 9f4dmrw0tlw1hs6jzgc1_thumb.jpg]

Start adding bots or setting minplayers in your server config or we will continue to see ZERO players.

As I said before, in the US there are NO players and this is bad for the game and the development of a community around it. It frustrates me and does a disservice to the great game that is Xonotic. So update your servers configs and HUP that sh1t. =P

New players need to be able to just play the online game and seeing no players is really bad for Xonotic. So, please, pretty please start adding minplayers and or add some botz today!

Graciass!

Even if you do set minplayers, it will show as 0 in the server list. Server list only shows real players.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

i also want to add that people with private servers , should make them public , if possible.
if your getting regular nerds onto ya server , and it runs well , then maybe more will show up.

OR

if we have a few servers only , of different game play , then the empty list dont look so empty :p

t

:^

I think the only solution to this problem will be that we get people to idle on public servers in order to attract players. I've done so already quite a couple of times, and with success. So, people on this forum that want Xonotic to receive more attention, go idling!

If we had "achievements" in connection with a global player tracking, we could earn achievement points for idling a certain time or something Tongue
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(10-12-2011, 03:50 AM)Halogene Wrote: I think the only solution to this problem will be that we get people to idle on public servers in order to attract players. I've done so already quite a couple of times, and with success. So, people on this forum that want Xonotic to receive more attention, go idling!

If we had "achievements" in connection with a global player tracking, we could earn achievement points for idling a certain time or something Tongue

Might have to do that. You'll probably catch me idling servers if we don't get a bigger playerbase by the time 1.0 hits.

Idling is the way to go. I'm not going to add an achievement for essentially doing nothing, however...
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

You could make achievements for two things:

Total time spent online.

And time spent online without break. For which you could make very funny achievements Smile

Current achievements like this are centered around _actual playing_, not idle time or time "online."

(10-13-2011, 10:14 AM)Antibody Wrote: Current achievements like this are centered around _actual playing_, not idle time or time "online."

Yes, but you could also have achievements like "player attractor" if you idle on a server for 5 to 20 minutes and other players join.

I KNOW you could set that up with some mates, but you could set almost any achievement up with some mates if you really want to.

Note that I am not really serious about the achievement idea myself, but I also don't think it is totally idiotic Tongue
My Xonstats Profile

It is certainly possible to add such achievements, yes. I'm just not interested in doing so, as I'd rather focus on what I perceive to be more value-added features.

If you don't fancy doing it then just don't, if it's not really usefull.

I already am very happy that you are doing things again for Xonotic Smile

Thanks! I changed my mind on the project after I was able to change some other things about my involvement here. I have someone helping me this time around and I'm soliciting feedback.

Oh, it's YOU, Antibody! I accessed the forum via my IRC reader that doesn't give me the poster's identity and just quickly hacked in my reply :o)

How nice to see you back on the project again! <3
My Xonstats Profile

Noted and server shall have min 2 bots, decreasing as users connect. (When server is working! )

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Is it possible to change bot names from console, without changing bots.txt? YottaMxt 0 1,501 11-12-2022, 07:57 PM
Last Post: YottaMxt
  info on this please Gerard 2 2,161 01-26-2019, 11:06 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  I need bot commands for lobsiding teams DazeyDream 1 3,369 05-09-2018, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Zilor
  XonStat don't duplicate servers please Ch4mp 3 4,317 07-10-2016, 07:19 AM
Last Post: SpiKe
  MOTD disappear please Ch4mp 2 2,761 12-24-2015, 02:00 PM
Last Post: Mario
  To admins attention: Fake server Julius 0 2,061 09-03-2015, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Julius
  Admins, urge your user to upgrade BuddyFriendGuy 5 3,439 09-03-2015, 12:06 AM
Last Post: Mario
  [SOLVED] Per map setting? BuddyFriendGuy 3 3,719 06-17-2015, 01:03 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  Kansas Public CTF Mario 7 6,037 03-17-2015, 12:26 PM