Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Popularity issue persisting after 0.5 release

(10-16-2011, 09:13 AM)Squigger Wrote: One thing that I think might help is to have that tutorial level from the beginning of the Nexuiz 2.5 Campaign in Xonotic's Campaign too.

A big problem here is that most new players don't play the singleplayer campaign. They run the game and join a server. Then they get 0wned and ragequit. It took me a bit to realize that most the new players I was encountering weren't nexuiz players that had transfered–they were actually new.

So now when I'm idling on a public and someone new comes on, I play laser only against them till I find out how good they are.

Making the race server private might be a good idea, however I strongly disagree with shutting down pickups... the whole point of pickups is that they aren't interrupted with newbs that join for ten seconds and leave.

Something we could add is a box that pops up upon first opening and says:
"Welcome to Xonotic! If this is your first time playing, we strongly suggest completing the singleplayer campaign before joining public servers so that you understand the basics of the game."

We would need 2 campaigns like we had back in the day, one would be more like an easy tutorial/explanation... the other would be more like practice, like what we have now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Popularity issue persisting after 0.5 release - by nowego4 - 10-16-2011, 09:34 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [NEED HELP] After a successful build & compile (0.8.5): This script is not properly set up yet. John 1 329 01-27-2024, 12:07 AM
Last Post: John
  dynamic enverionmental lighting/electro issue darthrevan 6 6,015 01-23-2011, 08:14 PM
Last Post: darthrevan
  Still no release? psychcf 21 22,833 11-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Last Post: pyr0