Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Popularity issue persisting after 0.5 release

It's not really a problem of the Race server, because if there are ~3 people on another server it gets full as well after some time. There are just kind of always people racing, so you should idle on another server. Wink

I guess some reasons that people from games, which might be not so good like Xonotic, don't join are:

a) They try it, but see lack of players
b) They have fun and don't need to change their game (i.e. like many Nexuiz players)
c) They don't know about it due to lack of PR
d) They don't like it at all

---

A possible "solution" (see other topics) would be that the popular(/good servers which should be popular Big Grin) put some bots on, which disappear if enough players join.
Game Magazines are a pretty good idea actually, +1.

Pickup servers should not public, because if they are and new guys join they rather interupt the game (if server settings are not that good (happens Tongue)) or they can't join the game and just leave anyway. I don't think they would stay and spectate, although they see some players.
But actually pickups are quite rare at the moment anyway.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Popularity issue persisting after 0.5 release - by Mirio - 10-16-2011, 10:04 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [NEED HELP] After a successful build & compile (0.8.5): This script is not properly set up yet. John 1 329 01-27-2024, 12:07 AM
Last Post: John
  dynamic enverionmental lighting/electro issue darthrevan 6 6,015 01-23-2011, 08:14 PM
Last Post: darthrevan
  Still no release? psychcf 21 22,832 11-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Last Post: pyr0