Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Popularity issue persisting after 0.5 release

(10-17-2011, 11:22 AM)node357 Wrote: CTS requires mastery of movement for the most part, and once again, even with a lot of practice, it may still prove impossible for a lot of people to even reach the end of a map (myself included)

The physics are based on q3s CPM mod and yes its hard to master them.

(10-17-2011, 11:22 AM)node357 Wrote: Many times I've joined the only Xonotic server that had any people on it at all, just to find it was locked at 1v1 and I was only allowed to spectate. I didn't bother sitting there while the 2 players ignored me. I left. For weeks.

While playing a 1on1 the players cant see what the person who is spectating writes, so please dont get this wrong.

(10-17-2011, 11:22 AM)node357 Wrote: I would avoid excluding even one potential player while the population is so low. That includes those exclusive "pickup" games where there could be many players, but they're invisible to the new player who just tried to hop online.

pickup games are mostly played by skilled players. the advantage of it is that you have someone on your skilllevel and not the problem as on public servers, that beginners leave during the game because they go frustrated.

(10-17-2011, 11:22 AM)node357 Wrote: Xonotic is a very hard game to get into, I think. Without a lot of tutoring, compassion, compromise and patience, it's unlikely your average gamer is going to stick around.

Well, i guess its the same as in every small game there are always people around with a higher skill, who keep potential beginners away
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Messages In This Thread
RE: Popularity issue persisting after 0.5 release - by Cortez666 - 10-17-2011, 12:18 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [NEED HELP] After a successful build & compile (0.8.5): This script is not properly set up yet. John 1 329 01-27-2024, 12:07 AM
Last Post: John
  dynamic enverionmental lighting/electro issue darthrevan 6 6,015 01-23-2011, 08:14 PM
Last Post: darthrevan
  Still no release? psychcf 21 22,831 11-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Last Post: pyr0