Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Popularity issue persisting after 0.5 release

(10-17-2011, 11:22 AM)node357 Wrote: Xonotic gameplay is suited to "elite" players, and from what I can tell, that type of player is a minority in online gaming nowadays. Right there is the first challenge to drawing a crowd. Even people who practice constantly may not have the head or motor skills to compete with a lot of the people who have been around since Nex.

It appeals mostly to elite players (since most elite players have been around since Quake hit the streets), though you sure don't need to be elite to get into this game. If that were the case Quake III: Arena and Unreal Tournament wouldn't have been so popular ten years ago and neither would Quake Live right now. Also, Nexuiz is drastically different from Xonotic now thanks to the physics, Nexuiz physics are extremely hard to learn while I had almost no trouble picking Xonotic's up, hell I can play UT99 for weeks and come back to Xonotic without much issue whereas I'd have to practice like 4 or 5 hours if I wanted to get back into Nexuiz.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Popularity issue persisting after 0.5 release - by Lee_Stricklin - 10-17-2011, 01:44 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [NEED HELP] After a successful build & compile (0.8.5): This script is not properly set up yet. John 1 329 01-27-2024, 12:07 AM
Last Post: John
  dynamic enverionmental lighting/electro issue darthrevan 6 6,016 01-23-2011, 08:14 PM
Last Post: darthrevan
  Still no release? psychcf 21 22,833 11-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Last Post: pyr0