Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Deathmatchers - The Movie (Xonotic Movie)

Thats also good, but this way nearly nobody will find your movie. Youtube is just THE place to post it.

Fixing that sound problem shouldn't be too hard.

You can't fix copyright issues. Tongue

Exactly.

I can't upload to own3d.tv at the moment..it just crashed mozilla constantly when I clicked upload. Will reboot PC and try again a bit later, but for now I am uploading another file for my poker student. I will try it again though on own3d.tv once I rebooted my computer (Tried with IE but then a java error on page ffs Tongue).
Mepper, actually youtube was the FIRST place I uploaded it upto you know Smile It's still on there but as private video still at the moment. I could probably mix the audio up a little which technically should allow it to be fine and then be able to be viewed on Youtube. Will have a look into somethings.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

I'm disuputing the audio on Youtube, hopefully will get it back within 7-10 days but will have to see. If I do then I will make the video public and put an update here as I think it will get a lot of views.

It can be watched by public immediately after your dispute.
Things which can happen after the dispute:

a) It works and the video is public / Edit: But probably still blocked in some countries and usually that's Germany.
b) After some time they block it again/can't be watched anymore
b²) ^ + YouTube gives you a 'strike' and after 3 of them you get banned.

Smile

Do you think you can post this video on the Xonotic Page on Desura too?

I think our page on Desura could use better videos Big Grin

If someone wants to do the news for it and put it up there, I'm fine with that, but probably I won't do it as don't know how Big Grin

Once I get a streamable version of it though (hopefully YT), you can use that if it will make it easier Smile

I would be willing to do it. Do you know who I can contact to learn how?

I'd ask Cubeowl, probably he would know imo since he is handling PR and media/news for Xonotic now.
(11-02-2011, 11:52 AM)Mirio Wrote: It can be watched by public immediately after your dispute.
Things which can happen after the dispute:

a) It works and the video is public / Edit: But probably still blocked in some countries and usually that's Germany.
b) After some time they block it again/can't be watched anymore
b²) ^ + YouTube gives you a 'strike' and after 3 of them you get banned.

Smile

Yes Mirio your right, but the way I've done it, they actually check your video out, and I've put it under for fair-use of part of the copyright law. Should be fine, and should get the audio back on it and then it can go public.

Too many video's otherwise on youtube (frag videos) that the music would be blocked or not allowed also.

youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6z3rGsoKdQ

Enjoy.

kojn, still not perfect, as I've reports that people from germany can't see the movie.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

That's normal and can't be fixed. Wink Almost everything is blocked.

Indeed, what Mirio said, unfortunately going to be this problems for German people unless they download it Sad

http://www.xonotic.org/2011/11/deathmatchers-the-movie/

Thanks to CuBeOwL for making the blog post Big Grin

Anyway, the movie is REALLY fantastically well done... I have just two complaints Tongue
  1. wtf non-default/ugly effectinfo
  2. wtf non-default/inconsistent sounds throughout the whole video (mg sound is different in separate scenes, for example)

Other than that it's pretty great, and I like that you didn't desaturate the shit out of it (like someone elses video Tongue)

I can not watch it on YouTube, probably because of bad music choice:
“Unfortunately, this SME music-content is not available in Germany because GEMA has not granted the respective music publishing rights.”

Maybe you could upload it on other video platforms as well?
Maybe own3d.tv or sth?

Download?!

kojn put in the opening post: "Not everyone is able to watch it on YouTube"

Tongue

Edited it. Will try to upload to own3d.tv again tonight.

Nice movie, good to see some Xonotic action. I usually check this board from time to time to see if kojn finally released his Nexuiz(!) movie (which does not seem to be the case, unless I missed out on something ? Big Grin). Anyways, things I would consider could even be improved:
- where is your beloved motion blur? Camera-flights, and particularly the attached player names (attached to the walls) were choppy
- Credits were a bit long, i.e. the text was scrolling to slowly
- When you show 2 players playing at the same time (TDM scene on strength), in a wide-screen format movie (like yours is), then the views should be "one over the other", not "one next to the other". Right now it just looks too stretched. Also, one should always highlight one side of the players (for which you also play the sound) and dim the other side, when something interesting happens only on one side anyway. Showing the map HUD would have made sense too.
- I was missing the crosshair Smile

Kudos, anyways Smile

Thanks for the feedback.

tZork commented on the side by side video as did a few others who saw the beta of the video before anyone else, but I had problems with Xonotic..or rather my Graphics Card and could not record the footage again (kept crashing due to GPU), so I could not fix this otherwise I'd of gone for the way you said.

Camera flights were mainly done when it took me like 3 hours to record a 20 second clip..so you can imagine how painstaking this one, fixed in the end when my GPU did work and clips took 2-5 minutes to record instead of 3 hours Smile
I will try to make smoother next time, but often the camera is moving faster then the actual action, is there anyway of setting camera movement speed?

Credits, yes I know what you mean but they had to fit over the song so didn't want to make them move any quicker Smile

Also, motion blur IS in the movie, movie was recorded at 50fps using the framestep command set to 8 and motionblur set to 0.5 in-game, not the old way I used to do it, not only did this allow me to record quicker (I think), it also produces motion blur but it is not on the same scale as my old video's that I guess you are talking about.

If you actually pause the video you can see the motion blur is actually there, this was the best way to do things using framestep for a few reasons 1) It gives a similar effect, but is not as definied/noticeable but makes the video still look smooth and fast 2) It does not give me errors in premiere when exporting my footage..when I do the record at 400fps and convert down to 25fps premiere often just crashes or gives error after error when exporting..very frustrating.

So I picked framestep method as it was the most time effective way Wink

Thanks for feedback anyway, if I do split screen again I will do it above and below, I am going to enable crosshair for my next video, but it's different to this movie so it makes sense to show it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Community tournament movie RazorDodger 5 2,602 01-31-2021, 01:11 PM
Last Post: RazorDodger
  DOXA TOURNAMENT - Frag movie zeroql 0 1,667 04-26-2020, 04:46 PM
Last Post: zeroql
  [Frag movie] Mirification #9 Mirio 4 3,764 03-14-2020, 01:33 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  SEND DEMOS for a Community Frag Movie 2018 Smilecythe 13 9,658 12-26-2019, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Solid
Video Xonotic frag movie betas zeroql 0 1,859 08-08-2019, 04:24 AM
Last Post: zeroql
  [Frag movie] Mirification #8 Mirio 0 3,964 02-04-2018, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  [Fragmovie] [BOT] Movie IV Mirio 6 5,848 09-11-2017, 09:52 PM
Last Post: SilenceKiller
Video Xonotic: Movie collection zeroql 8 13,896 05-05-2017, 01:40 PM
Last Post: kojn^
  F*CKMEGEDDON: A Xonotic Frag Movie Smilecythe 15 14,796 12-20-2016, 01:23 PM
Last Post: rixur
  [Frag movie] 10 years of Mirification Mirio 16 16,697 12-11-2016, 02:56 PM