Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Nexball Mapping Contest

(12-07-2011, 05:00 AM)PinkRobot Wrote: In fact, it's a remake of an old classic that we used to play the heck out of in Nexuiz. I will try to make it more pleasing to the eyes, which unfortunately has never been my strong point Smile

It's got to be rink. The nexball map, which was there before the nexball mode Smile
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Aaah! No it isn't. But yes that one should be remade too at some point. Great fun too!

Remember the version that returned the clones to the scoring system on the sides? Biggest fail ever :p
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

back then there was no better alternative. later fruitiex added the nexball entities to it.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Bump

there are only a bit more then 2 weeks left.

Finished! Big Grin
[Image: scaled.php?server=534&filename=bloodball...res=medium]
[Image: scaled.php?server=684&filename=bloodball...res=medium]
[Image: scaled.php?server=41&filename=bloodball3.jpg&res=medium]
[Image: scaled.php?server=20&filename=bloodball4.jpg&res=medium]

Please set up at least Ultra Effects to see everything!

Download: bloodball.pk3

bloodball.pk3 is licensed under the GNU GPL v3!
By downloading this package (bloodball.pk3) you agree these terms!

Looking good! When I have time tonight I will set up my server as a nexball server and add the compo maps submitted so far.

My own map is almost ready. I guess it would already be acceptable to post, but I will add some more detail to it before the deadline.

(12-20-2011, 05:22 AM)PinkRobot Wrote: I guess it would already be acceptable to post, but I will add some more detail to it before the deadline.

of course thats acceptable.

Ok here is mine:
http://ompldr.org/vYnU2ZQ/aerial-match.pk3

I wanted to add more details but to be honest, it's been 3 weeks like that and i don't think i'll do it Tongue

no worries. you have still some time left.

Version 2, because of some spawnpoints sitting in the patch.

Have some fixes.

http://ompldr.org/vYnZzcg/swat-sd_v2.pk3

Thanks to Sless for reporting this Smile

Maddin: any particular reason for GPL v3? IIRC Xonotic is v2.

Hi, another one:
http://ompldr.org/vYnc4eg

[Image: xivnyl.jpg]
somewhere

Excellent use of the blending shader!

I like that one monad. Reminds me of TF2 a little Smile

Just roughly 1 week left.

You ever imagined how football would be like with drugs? You wonder what feeling that is playing with a skull football instead of a ball? Well kind sir HERE is your chance! By playing

~deardrugball.pk3~*

[Image: deardrugball.jpg] **

One of the craziest map you ever played, one map which is going to sizzle your config.cfg like noone else did before... literally! ***

So let me ask you one single question my good man, do you have the balls to play a round deardrugball? Are you MAN enough for a match?

If you are going to answer this question with yes HOLD YOUR HORSES old chap! Maybe this short preview will change your mind...

[Image: deardrugball.gif]

I thought so.

But dude seriously try it

* CD-Track included, playing with music recommended
** Not a CD-Cover, actually it IS the game
*** 1 of 10 Mirio's had to reinstall Xonotic, use it on your own risk

Edit: Eliminated some bugs, and changed some stuff for better gameplay, also special thanks to Mario (SMB), qbit (exiLe) and Cortez666 (CON), -itsme/.packer. Written down in the .mapinfo. Oh and Mirio of course!
[Image: signature.php] [Image: DVlpo.png]

Here is my entry, though if someone knows how to fix the ugly baked shadows on the gears I might upload an updated version.

http://ompldr.org/vYnhubA

[Image: mpu9B.jpg]

Good job, Soelen! The most unique map ever played!

freefang, you map unfortunately has a serious bug. once the ball got in to the gears, it get stuck there and you cant get it out.

[Image: 6pmpg38rclv3z6vgjrl_thumb.jpg]

(12-27-2011, 08:13 AM)Cortez666 Wrote: freefang, you map unfortunately has a serious bug. once the ball got in to the gears, it get stuck there and you cant get it out.

[Image: 6pmpg38rclv3z6vgjrl_thumb.jpg]

Ah, thanks for reporting that, I thought I fixed it with the last couple of tweaks. I'll try to fix it asap.

there is no need to hurry. you still have some days left. enough time for improvements Smile

And here is the improved version, if this doesn't fix the gear problem I don't know what will. Tried to get the ball stuck for about half an hour without success. Wink

http://ompldr.org/vYnh3Mg

After playing it yesterday and nobody finding any major bugs, I might as well post my map for the contest here. It is a remake of one of the first nexball maps for Nexuiz and I have called it basket_case.

You spawn in the red or blue dressing room:
[Image: basket_case_01.jpg]

Thanks to ! for posing for a picture with the ball. Or, as some might like to call it "the diaper". I made a basketball skin for the original nexball model and included it with the map:
[Image: basket_case_02.jpg]

A shot of the whole map:
[Image: basket_case_03.jpg]

Download it! Both the original map and this one come with a GPL v2 license.

I have set up a nexball server that has all the competition maps posted so far. This one can be played there as well. Remote downloads are fully functional. So instead of downloading and trying the map locally, you can also just connect to my server. It is called "PinkRobot's Lovely Nexball Server" for the time being.

@Justin
Thanks a lot Justin, glad to hear you like that silly map ^^

@Pinkrobot
Unfortunately your link is broken dude D: Also, could you please update deardrugball.pk3 on your server? Removed some bugs, link is the same ^^

Edit: Your avatar sure does suit to your nick!
[Image: signature.php] [Image: DVlpo.png]

I updated my map: bloodball_final.pk3

Again, the package is licensed under the GNU GPL version 3.

Just 36 hours left!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FREE Invasion mapping contest Kotangens 2 5,589 12-27-2021, 01:25 PM
Last Post: end user
Lightbulb [Easy Community Contest]- Rank Yourself Ridgebeam 18 9,444 07-25-2021, 11:24 AM
Last Post: Ridgebeam
  Mapping contest for duel maps (idea) RazorDodger 10 4,132 05-30-2021, 10:10 AM
Last Post: SPLAT
  Xonotie Mapping Contest 2021 (winner: SirRanjid - vmmm) Antares* 28 13,694 03-04-2021, 03:10 PM
Last Post: _para
  Mapping contests participation Justin 17 20,857 12-08-2015, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  Duel Mapping Contest 2015 Mirio 81 75,364 08-28-2015, 12:15 PM
Last Post: shogun_assassin
  Duel Mapping Contest 2015 - Brainstorming SPLAT 15 16,474 06-09-2015, 03:26 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  Duel Mapping Contest (sponsored by Sapphire) asyyy 57 80,859 12-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Justin
  GlobalGamers CTF Mapping Contest Voting Samual 58 66,598 12-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Last Post: Mario
  CTF Mapping Contest (by GlobalGamers) Samual 110 126,357 08-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Samual