Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice little preorder bonus...

NOT! Just a heads up guys. For anybody that has Steam and has thought about picking up some Genesis/MegaDrive Sonic games on it, I'm going to tell you that doing so is not a good idea. I recently pre-purchased Sonic Generations and as a bonus I got REALLY buggy versions of Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic 3D Blast (aka Flickies Island). They suffer from severe input problems (SEVERE lag in both games. have to let go of left or right in Sonic 3 in order to spin, confirmed from using keyboard, keypad, and gamepad) no matter what keyboard or controller your using, lack the option to set the resolution lower than 640 X 480 (some of us still have CRTs capable of displaying the games in their original resolutions so this is a big minus for us, though the TV filter kinda helps if you run the games at your monitor's max res), and a few other annoyances such as the FMV playing WAY to quickly in 3D Blast and some sound/music glitches (especially noticeable in 3D blast). Hopefully I'll be able to say something better about Sonic Generations when it unlocks, but seeing that the preorder bonus is the single worst attempt I've seen by Sega to port from console to PC, I'm a little worried. They SHOULD have just modified Sonic & Knuckles Collection as well as the original PC version of 3D Blast, those were actually playable when they were initially ported. Instead they chose to emulate the Genesis versions.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Let me show you where you've made the epic fail type mistake:

Quote:picking up some Genesis/MegaDrive Sonic games

You're trying to play a console game on a PC. I've tried numerous gaming platforms emulated on a PC, NONE of them had the same quality, sound, gaming experience you'd have on it's original console.
Deal with it, console conversations will NEVER be the same on PC.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

I don't know, the PC Smash Pack version of Spinball was actually better than the original Genesis release (it ran at a higher frame rate and didn't suffer from lag), Sonic CD was actually improved upon when it hit PC (ran smoother and had better FMVs as well as extras) and I don't remember Sonic & Knuckles Collection suffering game breaking issues like this (though they did modify the music for compatibility purposes). I don't expect emulation on PC to be perfect, but I sure didn't expect these games to run and play as bad as these did, especially considering how well the Mega Collections were handled on the Cube, XBox, and PS2 (hell there were actually improvements over the original games in these collections). Even with modifications to my videocard settings and vsync disabled, I get a TON of control issues that none of the other versions get.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lol nice @%&* price end user 6 7,577 02-01-2014, 02:22 PM
Last Post: end user
Music I made a little song with my friends. Watch it. unfa 12 12,561 04-18-2012, 03:44 AM
Last Post: rafallus
  A little something... Sepelio 2 3,447 10-20-2011, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Sepelio
Photo Nice earth. Minkovsky 8 7,798 07-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Last Post: .Danny.