Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Good news everyone! (ID Tech 4)

Doom 3 Engine is ready for open-sourcing!
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

Hah! Sounds good.

That's awesome, hope some people take it and start developing more sweet free games with it Smile

This is great, I understand that the rendering in the Doom 3 engine is based on vixen's, which are great at expressing scenes.

So does this mean anything for DarkPlaces?
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

I don't know anything about these engine thingy's, but I would think we could for exaple implement things from this engine to darkplaces, if they are better (and if that is possible at all). This engine is newer and most likely better in quite a few things, and I think we should try to use it to make Xonotic be faster/look better/have more options/run faster or whatever is possible with things.

So devs, can we use this?

Hooray, another engine to request Xonotic to be ported to!

No, I actually do not request to port Xonotic, in some other thread I already read that was too much work. I was just interested if you could implement some parts of that engine in DP, if they are better then what dp has, or if they just add something new. It's all open sourced so you can do with it all you want.

About porting Xonotic and implementing stuff... Imho, devs answer looks like this--->
[Image: Give_a_fuck.png]

Vargos, it *is* interesting for game engine devs to get to look at a big piece of code like that for inspiration. See DarkPlaces.

Looks like before Doom 3 Engine opening DP wuz a unique open-source engine.Or might be just someone stucked with ancient QuakeC?

Not that i arguing or something...Just really doubts, that anything will be changed

It's definitely not the only free engine out there! There's a bunch of forks from the GPL'd id Tech 1/2/3 engines (and now 4 with Doom 3), as well as independently developed engines. See Category:Free Game Engines at Wikipedia.

That what i talkin about. And DP is a one of most old and awful

It sure is, look how outdated it is. Looks just like quake one, this is so horrible!!1one

Seriously though, what makes you think DP is outdated and awful?

well,if you dont know-lets just stop this discussion. I think, on diff boards enought info about DP problems

link:
SOURCE
[Image: foxtrotcproggry.jpg]

neat
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

yay
somewhere

who's volounteering for opening a new "let's port to" thread?
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Lets port Xonotic to UE3, like true indie bitches.

It doesn't include Carmack's Reverse. Angry Damn, it's gonna look like this:
[Image: 1015781691278768.jpg?0.5460222892545036]
"If your killer instincts are not clean and strong you will hesitate at the moment of truth. You will not kill. You will become dead marines and then you will be in a world of shit, because marines are not allowed to die without permission. Do you maggots understand?" - Gunnery Sergeant Hartman

Merged dupe threads.

D3W thread

Simulation compiled it and he/she said shadows look good.
[Image: foxtrotcproggry.jpg]

Quote:Simulation compiled it and he/she said shadows look good.
Hmm, they must have put some additional work in there.

P.S.: Ever wanted to see a hot chick say "shadow stenciling technique"?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sF48T3yDBY
Strange days we live in, strange days ...
"If your killer instincts are not clean and strong you will hesitate at the moment of truth. You will not kill. You will become dead marines and then you will be in a world of shit, because marines are not allowed to die without permission. Do you maggots understand?" - Gunnery Sergeant Hartman

finally!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good bye for now edh 6 6,894 04-26-2013, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Halogene
  Xonotic in the news! (helping to fight child obesity) rocknroll237 23 27,619 01-29-2013, 05:06 PM
Last Post: rad dj flimflam
  Can anyone recommend a good Linux distro for me? rocknroll237 47 45,751 08-09-2012, 04:18 AM
Last Post: machine!
  [SOLVED] Are these good? Minkovsky 9 7,713 06-20-2012, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Anybody know of any good mods for Deus Ex? Lee_Stricklin 9 13,300 09-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  Good night everybody CuBe0wL 6 6,678 08-18-2010, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Mirio