Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] laser controlled aimer

Something like this.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I use google translator to write the message, so do not blame me in my illiterate speech

Would make it to easy to aim, so I dislike the idea. Maybe so guns could use that but not all guns.

It's almost same like a hack. So I don't support this idea - too easy to aim.

I do not think that in such a dynamic game, it will really help to aim. I thought it would be nice alternative to crosshairs.
I use google translator to write the message, so do not blame me in my illiterate speech

Maybe as a training crosshair, but definitely shouldn't be enabled on pubs.

I don't really see how that helps (except for the bouncing crylink..) your crosshair also shows where you are aiming to Tongue
Real signature is still in production!

I don't like the long line from the gun, or the bounce indicator, but laser painting the actual target surface would be a nice option.

Hm.. do you realize what the blue beam will look like in action? You will probably don't even see where it will bounce off because of the game speed. I think people are interested to keep the screen clean, not to have beams on the screen.

The idea with the green beam is good only for training purposes and I think it will help a lot the new comers. It should be disabled for online games though.

The weapon you see on the screen is a effect, but has not *direct* relation to the origin of the shot. On some weapons the origin could be the center of the body mass, or somewhere "on the right", but not where you see the weapon. You can display a ray from the origin where some weapon will be shot, and where it will hit, but thats could result on a surprising experiments as the ray can be different to what you expect, and much probably not connected in any way with the weapon you have in hand.

It could be most weapons seems shot with a "Shoulder cannon", like in the Predator movie.

Hey Smile
There's a weapon in "Area 51" (it's from 2005 and available as a free download) called "BBG-11 Meson Autorifle".

You can download Area 51 here if you wish:
http://www.chip.de/downloads/Vollversion...88478.html
Outside the US you need a patch:
http://www.chip.de/downloads/Area-51-Pat...72106.html

It's really nice and comparable to the CryLink in Xonotic (projectiles are reflected on walls). The interesting feature of that weapon is, that secondary fire cast a laser beam in the direction where the weapon points. That laser beam is green as long as you don't aim at an opponent, but turns red when aimed at an opponent. The beam gets reflected on surfaces and when you press primary fire the projectiles follow the path of the laser.

It's a really cool effect, what do you guys think?

I realized that there's a another thread with a similar topic called "laser controlled aimer". Could these threads be merged please?
"If your killer instincts are not clean and strong you will hesitate at the moment of truth. You will not kill. You will become dead marines and then you will be in a world of shit, because marines are not allowed to die without permission. Do you maggots understand?" - Gunnery Sergeant Hartman

Threads merged Wink

And now we can accuse you of thread necromancy. Hurray!

Feel free, that laser aiming stuff rocks! I see the point that it's not really necessary, however, if that was the only thing that matters we'd still be playing pong!

[Image: thread-necromancy-thread-necromancy-demo...554886.jpg]
"If your killer instincts are not clean and strong you will hesitate at the moment of truth. You will not kill. You will become dead marines and then you will be in a world of shit, because marines are not allowed to die without permission. Do you maggots understand?" - Gunnery Sergeant Hartman

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Is adding a Quake-like laser to the main game a good idea? cushinga 2 1,073 03-28-2023, 04:59 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  [SUGGESTION] [Poll] Increase Laser Push Force on Opponents Halogene 23 22,229 05-26-2013, 08:29 AM
Last Post: jizzman
  [SUGGESTION] Steampunk Laser Model Miguel 49 41,774 10-18-2012, 09:09 PM
Last Post: s1lence
  [SUGGESTION] laser push force boost with quad ? Rage_ATWM 9 7,194 01-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Last Post: Rage_ATWM
  [SUGGESTION] Laser Jump - Will it Blend? master[mind] 53 59,076 11-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Last Post: FruitieX