Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mapping

I hope this is the right forum; where can I find a version of Radiant I can map with?

Here: http://www.icculus.org/netradiant/files/...order=desc

You may want to use Xonotic Git Version: http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/xonotic/...ory_Access

If you download that version it also includes NetRadiant, you'll have to compile it though.

Btw, It would have been better to post it in 'help and troubleshooting' or in 'Editing and Concept Art' Tongue

I finally found the NetRadiant for xonotic, but I can't seem so load any of the shaders/textures into the editor, nor can I make a spawn point. Usually its info_player_start, and info_player_deathmatch doesn't work. And then, I try modifying my entities, and nothing happens. Can someone point me to a NetRadiant set up for Xonotic? Please help!

Haha I'm new here. I still cannot use the shaders though nor can I make a spawn point

First, which version of xonotic are you using?

Xonotic 0.5, Xonotic Git or Xonotic Autobuild?

Now, have you ever made a map before? I recommend you to read this: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=64

I opened this thread by not seeing my last thread. In other words, I didn't think it posted. I posted before I found out it was moved.

I have made maps for Nexuiz before, and thereofore I know quite a bit about it.
I downloaded Xonotic yesterday...
And its the regular version.
However I might have a way to use the shaders
My next question, is how do I make a warp zone that looks like the ones in Stormkeep? I can't seem to get them to display the view from the other warpzone. Also, how do I
make shaders like in fire animations, glass, and the warp zone?

Merged threads. If you're confused reading this, look at post subjects to see which thread they came from. Smile

Anyways, I can't make the "portal" effect. HOW? I have spent forever trying to figure it out...

(11-06-2011, 11:59 AM)pcfreak1997 Wrote: My next question, is how do I make a warp zone that looks like the ones in Stormkeep? I can't seem to get them to display the view from the other warpzone. Also, how do I
make shaders like in fire animations, glass, and the warp zone?

Open the .map files from the default maps, they are in xonotic/data/xonotic-xxxxxxxx-maps.pk3

You can see there how warpzones are made.

Also, you have to be sure you have reflections active in-game. Open xonotic go to settings--> effects --> reflections.

Fire animations are particles, you can find the list of available particles inside effectinfo.txt, this file is in Xonotic/data/xonotic-xxxxxx-data.pk3

Glass... you can find some glass textures in the default textures sets, search for them using NetRadiant.

If you want to learn how to create your own glass textures and shaders you'll have to read this: http://www.robotrenegade.com/q3map2/docs...tents.html

Ok thanks for the help. Does anyone have a Stormkeep warpzone template that I can just import? I cant do it right. No matter what it just shows a grid. And reflections are on. I really want this to work for a map I'm making. Does it have something to do with caulk? or placement? I even tried copying the warpzones from Stormkeep to try and use them but to no avail. Perhaps someone could make a warp zone template?

Open the .map files from the default maps, they are in xonotic/data/xonotic-xxxxxxxx-maps.pk3

You can select waprzones in those maps and paste them in yours

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help, how I create a new texture for mapping? derrant 9 4,830 09-02-2021, 05:08 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
Brick trying to get into mapping, HAALP TheSmasher1992 21 8,470 06-14-2018, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Julius
  What is needed to get started mapping? twitch 5 4,426 01-15-2017, 10:13 PM
Last Post: twitch
  Mapping tutorials tZork 38 51,181 09-05-2015, 02:40 AM
Last Post: darkhog
  qer_normalImage texture: sets the normal map for bump mapping kristus 2 5,683 07-20-2013, 12:50 PM
Last Post: kristus
  Normal mapping in blender anark10n 4 8,040 06-25-2012, 04:34 AM
Last Post: poVoq
  Mapping: Asymmetrical or Symmetrical layouts? Debugger 9 12,466 03-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Last Post: The mysterious Mr. 4m
  [Mapping Theory] Use of lava or slime Dokujisan 12 13,696 01-04-2011, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Strahlemann
Information Sepelio's Basic Mapping Tutorial Sepelio 13 13,198 07-09-2010, 06:34 AM
Last Post: Debugger
  mapping guidelines??? Cortez666 5 6,630 04-02-2010, 07:05 AM
Last Post: tZork