Create an account

Poll: 360 ps3 wait for ps4
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
55.56%
5 55.56%
PS3
44.44%
4 44.44%
PS4
0%
0 0%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS3 or xbox 360

i wanna buy my kiddy a console (think overall price too)
but which one?
[Image: steam.gif]

PS3!

I have one too and it's definitely not a bad buy. Also the Blue Ray player is an advantage. I don't know how old he/she is but if he/she is older than 12 there are enough good games which are worth playing (and too expensive... indeed)

XBOX 360! Big Grin So many XBox Live Arcarde Games at lower prices.
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

notice that i (yes i want it too Big GrinDDD)
.................................360 PS3
The base console price 160€ (?) 249€

WIFI adapter if needs one 100€ (?) 0€

game price average ??? ???

next updated console 2015 (?) 2012 (?)

Are these numbers right?

PS: Its a HE and 13 yrs old

Buy Open Pandora Box... When they're available. I feel uncomfortable even being near one of those black boxes by MS or Sony.

> there are enough good games which are worth playing

These days the industry can manage few games per year which are something more than cheap brain gum in a nice package. On consoles it's even worse.
chooksta Wrote:640t ought to be enuf for antibody
- microsoft windows

any 1 know ps4 release date?

Nope. Though I'd go with custom pimped out PC - at least you know what's in there.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

Speaking as someone who screws around with virtually ALL platforms, I'm going to tell you that the PS3 is the better of the big three right now. It's got better games, a blu ray player for those that want it, free multiplayer, and it's not as prone to failure (only earlier models are likely to burn up). It should also be noted that virtually every game that hits XBox 360 sooner or later ends up on PC or gets ported to PS3, so the PS3 has exclusives going for it as well. On top of that MS dropped the ball this year and the software line up is only going to get worse for the forseeable future of the system (the only exclusives worth a damn that I know of coming out in 2012 are Halo 4 and Halo Anniversary... yay rehash of a series that was supposed to be over). The PS4 will be the last of the big three to hit the streets next gen, the Wii U will be the first (and will likely be a failure for a number of reasons... I can write a book on the damn thing) followed by the next XBox in late 2013 (two years earlier than planned), and if I'm correct the PS4 plans got DELAYED and it's likely we won't see Sony make a next gen console until 2015 at the earliest.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

the thing is im not going to get the old xbox (if it is the xbox after all): [Image: 3512999_300x300_1.jpg]

I gonna get the new one "The new Xbox 360 250GB console is here now and ready for tomorrow with a brand new, leaner machine. Wi-Fi is built-in for easier connection to the world of entertainment on Xbox LIVE, and with the huge hard drive you'll have plenty of space to store your favorite games and media. It comes with a free one-month Xbox LIVE Gold membership and is ready for the controller-free experiences of Kinect—you don’t just play the game, you are the game."[Image: 10147903.jpg]

...Halo Anniversary sounds like fun, cake and candles to me.

* Halogene steps back again
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

so hang on a sec...... do i believe you stricklin? the PS4 come out 2015?
one site said 2018
another said 2012
and u come to me and say 2015
(wii U will DEFINITLY fail. U need help wit that book of yours?)

EDIT: And the PS3 looks more sexy than xbox:
[Image: ps3_overview_ps3png.png]
DONT THINK THAT THE PS3 ISN BUGGY: WIKIPEDIA QUOTE:
A 2009 study by SquareTrade, a warranty provider, found a two-year failure rate of 10% for PlayStation 3s.[151] According to Ars Technica, the number of PlayStation 3 consoles that have experienced failure is well within the normal failure rates in the consumer electronics industry.[152]
Yellow light of death

In September 2009, the BBC television programme Watchdog aired a report investigating the "yellow light of death" (YLOD) issue, a yellow light that indicates a non-specific hardware failure which renders the system unusable. According to the report the failure was likely to occur after 18-24 months, whilst the standard Sony warranty is one year in duration, after which PlayStation 3 owners can pay Sony a set fee for a refurbished console.[153]

Sony claimed that, according to its statistics of returned consoles approximately only 0.5% of consoles were reported as showing the YLOD.[153] In response to the program Sony issued a document criticizing the program's accuracy and conclusions; specifically that the faults were evidence of a manufacturing defect. The document also complained that the report had been innapropiate in tone, and might do damage to Sony's brand.[154][155]
Leap year bug

On March 1, 2010 (UTC), many of the original (non-Slim) PlayStation 3 models worldwide were experiencing errors related to their internal system clock. The error had a multitude of symptoms. Initially, the main problem seemed to be the inability to connect to the PlayStation Network. However, the root cause of the problem was unrelated to the PlayStation Network, since even users who had never been online also had problems playing installed offline games (which queried the system timer as part of startup) and using system themes. At the same time many users noted that the console's clock had gone back to December 31, 1999. The event was nicknamed the ApocalyPS3, a play on the word apocalypse.[156]

The error code displayed was typically 8001050F and affected users were unable to sign in, play games, use dynamic themes and view/sync trophies.[157] The problem only resided within the 1st through to the 3rd generation original PS3 units while the newer "Slim" models were unaffected due to different internal hardware for the clock.

Sony confirmed that there was an error and stated that they were narrowing down the issue and were continuing to work to restore service.[158] By March 2 (UTC), 2010, owners of original PS3 models could connect to PSN successfully and the clock no longer showed December 31, 1999.[159] Sony stated that the affected models incorrectly identified 2010 as a leap year, due to a bug in the BCD method of storing the date.[160][161] However, for some users, the hardware's operating system clock (mainly updated from the internet and not associated with the internal clock) needed to be updated manually or by re-syncing it via the internet.

On June 29, 2010, Sony released PS3 system software update 3.40, which improved the functionality of the internal clock to properly account for leap years.[162]

SO NOW XBOX AND PS3 ARE ON PAR

Get this.

[Image: Nintendo64.jpg]

Playing online with Xbox360 isn't free...

The console that wins will get a xonotic port in development Big Grin

POLL ENDS 24 DECEMBER

(11-06-2011, 09:28 AM)Droid Wrote: The console that wins will get a xonotic port in development Big Grin

POLL ENDS 24 DECEMBER

Oh boy, it starts over.

(11-06-2011, 10:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote:
(11-06-2011, 09:28 AM)Droid Wrote: The console that wins will get a xonotic port in development Big Grin

POLL ENDS 24 DECEMBER

Oh boy, it starts over.

nah i wont port it i dont know how

I know, I'm just kidding ;p

@ Droid. The cooling is actually WORSE in the slim models, making them more likely to fail than the original models. I'm also going to tell you that there is yet to be a good Kinect game released. I also said 2015 was the earliest the PS3 would come out, that wasn't a definite date. The last I checked Sony intended to release the PS4 in 2018, but with the Wii U coming almost out of nowhere and Microsoft now releasing the XBox's successor two years earlier than planned, that can change.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Nice, should we expect unfinished broken hardware then? Can't wait.

i would recommend xbox, i dont like microsoft, but i most say, they are pretty good at making gaming platforms. It is also cheaper, but you need to pay for playing online, but its just 1 dollar at the month so its not such a pain at all acctually.

Mow what i wanna know if u can hack it to download games off the net Big Grin

I have had a PS3 and XBox360 (current one). I prefer the xbox. I bought my PS3..hardly used it for about 4 months..I mean like maybe 12 hours total, and then I moved and used it a lot for 1 month, playing metal gear solid 4 and then my machine basically died (common issue back then). To say I was pissed off was an understatement considering i'd used it for a combined usage of at most 2 months.

Got an xbox 360 now, the new Jasper Model or whatever it's called (black one). Think it's fantastic and easy to use Smile Yes you have to pay for online but it's not much a year I believe, and yea PS3 has the blu ray player, but I hear many issues with the PS3 before, enough for me not to pay good money to get another in the time being.

Either one, you can't go far wrong, there both good consoles Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

xbox!!! Big Grin
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

I never owned any console and I'm not going to. Years ago I was pissed at them because they didn't release games on PC, so I have been hatin' for almost 10 years now.
I'm also put off by those artificial markets they create, their private monopolies, where they have a final word about anything, making games "exclusive", etc, they wouldn't survive otherwise.
And finally the people, entire internet is full of ignorant retards who devote their lives to praise their corporations flame other corporations and praise stupid watered rehashes that are called games today.
The only reason I'm looking forward for new consoles is that finally games will stop looking like vomited out shit from 2006 although but that will be probably the only change.

what was the topic about?
Riiight. IMO it doesn't matter.

PS3 wins by 1 point
and i asked in gamestop and they said PS3 was better

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black ops 2 PS3 vs PC Droid 5 9,486 12-25-2012, 06:54 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin