Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyperspace (beta)

If I only had the time, I'd have started a CTF remix of this already.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

(11-24-2011, 01:07 PM)ThePWTULN Wrote:
(11-23-2011, 05:12 PM)Chomps123 Wrote: There are a few texture glitches due to the warp zones.Dodgy

examples attached:
Look closely, you'll see it.Sleepy

I am fully aware of this. This is what I meant by 'texture alignment' in the first post.
ok just pointing out a few of them
Don't just live life with work.
Find some time every day to have some fun. Wink

I love this map, it show a great potentiel for amazing stuff. this is a good work, keep going.

looks nice so far but I think it would be nicer if the sides have different colors, this way its easier to navigate and it makes the map better looking.

I'd recommend that you don't play with bots, as there aren't any waypoints on the map. Even with waypoints, I'm pretty sure that bots won't play the map as intended anyway!
I'll know whether there's too much/too little armour/health, or if the weapon selection is good etc.

(12-19-2011, 03:10 AM)PeTeRFraNkLin Wrote: I'd recommend that you don't play with bots, as there aren't any waypoints on the map. Even with waypoints, I'm pretty sure that bots won't play the map as intended anyway!
I'll know whether there's too much/too little armour/health, or if the weapon selection is good etc.

Hmm, this sounds strangely familiar...
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

Hi ThePWTULN,

With further playing, I've identified a possible bug, wherein you can kill yourself using hitscan weapons using the warpzones adjacent to where the Rocket Launcher is spawned. I believe this is a bug as, to my understanding, these warpzones don't 'loop back' onto each other, and thus you aren't 'firing at yourself'.

To replicate, go to either one of the warpzones, and position yourself in the corridor outside of the 'room' where the Rocket Launcher is, facing into the 'room'. You need to be close to the warpzone, but not in it; the positioning can be a little tricky, but once you've found the 'sweet spot', it is repeatable. From there, use the Shotgun or Machine Gun and fire straight ahead, and you can watch your health/armour go down...

I discovered this by freak accident during a match, and did some more tests afterwards to narrow it down; I hope this is useful to you. I've also noted that the effects produced when firing the Shotgun or Machine Gun into these warpzones can sometimes 'go off at an angle' rather than travelling in the expected direction, suggesting that the warpzone is sending the 'shots' in a different direction (which may or may not be related to the same issue, though I have not been able to replicate this bit reliably, so...).

Finally, thank you for you response earlier, and my congrats for getting your map featured in WoX-BloX #2; hopefully many more have now taken the time to download and enjoy it.
aexoxea

Hmm, now that is a peculiar bug. I'm guessing it's caused by having two warpzones directly face each other - if this is the case, it can be easily fixed by moving the position of one of the warpzone.

Thanks for pointing this out Smile
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

Played a game on this today, I like the concept, first non-retarded map I tried that heavily uses warpzones . I like the wall walking, its quite fluid, only thing is that warpzones flicker for a moment outside SP which spoils the illusion. Also i like laserjump to get to the ceiling, also ceiling battles ale funny.

What I didnt get is the purpose of those lines.
Also textures and this: http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/8085/...544400.jpg not sure if can be fixed.

Played this for the first time earlier, it was a lot of fun, probably the most fun I've had yet in FFA, even without knowing the layout. So much potential!

I understand what you were going for visually, but it tends to be very very flat looking, you really should try some ambient occlusion (not too strong, just to define where walls meet floors/ceiling a bit more). However I don't think using different colors is necessary, I don't think it would fit the style.

Conceptually cool. I was getting disoriented by the camera turns until I realized reflections in the graphical effects settings had an effect on it.

The download link seems to be down. Anyone got a mirror?

Cheers. Didn't know about dl.xonotic.co. ItĀ loads much easier than the main xonotic.co website.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [DM] Tatami Gash - 1st Beta Rush 1 1,564 05-09-2022, 06:44 AM
Last Post: PenguinMafia
  [CTF/DM/NB] Ascent (beta 5) _para 22 8,030 07-16-2020, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  [DM/DOM] - Map Beta - Slagpit Notavi 8 3,270 07-15-2020, 11:36 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  TempleCity Beta 2 (Update) _para 6 8,603 08-15-2013, 04:32 PM
Last Post: Mario
  [BETA] PIPE Minkovsky 7 8,688 06-27-2011, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Minkovsky