Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] stormkeep

Shocked 
help: I cannot pass this map (stormkeep 21). Is hard to do better than 26 sec but sometime I do better time, on the screen I can see a green negative value, so I think that I can pass to 21 map but the game not stop. Can anyone help me?

ubuntu 64bit maverick
ram 12GB
hdd 3TB

you might need more RAM try 24 gigs also swap out the 3 TB drive for a SSD then storm keep should be green at 15 seconds if Odin decides your cause is just.

Good luck!
<[-z-]> have you seen the documentary "happy"?
<Samual_> no
<Samual_> it sounds horrible

Liquid Sin... Helpful, much?

(11-15-2011, 12:11 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Liquid Sin... Helpful, much?

Hi ... humor is a good thing ...
There is a way to skip stormkeep?
Have I misunderstand the map?
there is only one course (journey) to run?
how many turn in 26 sec we have to do? only one?
laser haven't second fire to jump so what weapon
use ens where?
anyone have pass this map?

lesar, you need to be able to move around the map rather quickly, I, too, needed a couple of attempts to pass it and I consider myself a medium skilled runner. You need to master bunny hopping to a certain degree at least, and, if I remember correctly, you are allowed to also use the laser which means you need to use such techniques as wall lasering and laser jumping.

You only have to make ONE run in 26 secs to pass that map.

Bunny hopping means keeping the jump button pressed (if that doesn't make you hop constantly, turn on the respective option in the menu). If you are not familiar with bunny hopping and making sharp turns without loosing speed please watch the Xonotic Movement Tutorial that is available on youtube and on Xonotic's web site.

To use the laser for jumping just fire it at your feet and jump at the same time. If you shoot it at the right time and at the right angle, you can gain significant speed from that also horizontally (firing it at your feet while being already in the air and moving is best for that imho). Also when you are near to a wall you can fire it against the wall while moving either directly at the wall or slightly behind you, depending on your speed, and then quickly turn the mouse in movement direction again to continue your run. If you do it right, it is just a mouse flick to the wall direction, shoot laser, and flick back, all in less than half a second.

If you hang around #xonotic or #xonotic.pickup at around 19:00 GMT I might also show you the basics of how to move around in a training session, but I am not online reliably every day so you might give it a couple of days before we meet there :o) just if you happen to see me on IRC feel free to highlight me.

If you are interested, I could try to send you a demo how I ran that map, though I'd have to run it again first, but I should be able to do that.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Smile 
This answer is very useful.
Thank for help me.
I will try to increase the run using laser for jump moving it to my foot.

(11-15-2011, 04:59 AM)Halogene Wrote: lesar, you need to be able to move around the map rather quickly, I, too, needed a couple of attempts to pass it and I consider myself a medium skilled runner. You need to master bunny hopping to a certain degree at least, and, if I remember correctly, you are allowed to also use the laser which means you need to use such techniques as wall lasering and laser jumping.

You only have to make ONE run in 26 secs to pass that map.

Bunny hopping means keeping the jump button pressed (if that doesn't make you hop constantly, turn on the respective option in the menu). If you are not familiar with bunny hopping and making sharp turns without loosing speed please watch the Xonotic Movement Tutorial that is available on youtube and on Xonotic's web site.

To use the laser for jumping just fire it at your feet and jump at the same time. If you shoot it at the right time and at the right angle, you can gain significant speed from that also horizontally (firing it at your feet while being already in the air and moving is best for that imho). Also when you are near to a wall you can fire it against the wall while moving either directly at the wall or slightly behind you, depending on your speed, and then quickly turn the mouse in movement direction again to continue your run. If you do it right, it is just a mouse flick to the wall direction, shoot laser, and flick back, all in less than half a second.

If you hang around #xonotic or #xonotic.pickup at around 19:00 GMT I might also show you the basics of how to move around in a training session, but I am not online reliably every day so you might give it a couple of days before we meet there :o) just if you happen to see me on IRC feel free to highlight me.

If you are interested, I could try to send you a demo how I ran that map, though I'd have to run it again first, but I should be able to do that.

you are welcome. Please note that mastering bunny hopping to a certain degree is a requirement for running this map in 26 seconds. So in case you are not familiar with that, I strongly recommend to watch the Xonotic Movement Tutorial and to learn bunny hopping.

Apart from that there is a possibility to skip the map from the campaign if you really can't beat it, but that would mean to edit a configuration file with a text editor and someone else would have to tell you what to edit and where. Smile
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

I made a video some time ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqk9eMo2TD4

Tongue 
sorry, I have see your video, video tutorial too, I use laser to jump and run how a bunny with fire on his back but my time is 28, 27 sec newer 26.
give me a key to skip this map please.
it is possible to kill the map?

I like single player game and will like to try the other map.

thank for help

(11-15-2011, 08:32 AM)Mirio Wrote: I made a video some time ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqk9eMo2TD4

I have find the solution on forum:
You can use the console (SHIFT-ESCAPE), and enter:

g_campaignxonoticbeta_index

That shows the current level number.

Use:

g_campaignxonoticbeta_index 22

Big Grin