Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
My other hobby

So as some of you may know, i've been playing piano for a veryyyyy long time (roughly 20 years), and interestingly enough: 90% of my compositions are when i'm either sick or incredibly depressed. In this case, I have strep throat... so over the past week, I took advantage of my time and sickness and i've been working on a new improvisation which I just tonight finished and want to share with you guys.

Intrepid Dream.mp3 - 5mb - 2:56

I recorded it on my keyboard as a midi controller for FL Studio with a VST plugin called "TruePianos" - Hence why it sounds decent, but not totally real.

WOHHOHOOOOOH what a great surprise! This is cool stuff indeed, very cool stuff, I am absolutely amazed! Very nice work on the right hand, I love it. Also the rhythm is very nice, rhythm is a thing I totally suck at :o)

Seriously, who had expected you'd play the piano so well? Awesome! Please rest a bit longer and relax in front of your keyboard, and publish some more of that quality. Looking forward to any future recordings!

On a side note, I also play best when I am emotionally moved, either uber-happy or really sad, or even angry (some of my best improvisations I made when I was furious about something, unfortunately I never care to set up recording when I am furious...). I guess if you're like content and balanced, then I simply don't have much to say via music Tongue
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Woo! It's catchy! Turn it into a pop song and storm the hit parades.
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

Dis totally must go into soundtrack of... something. Splendid finale theme for anything.

sounds cool mate , idk if ya want me to do a chooky mix on it? , i will if ya want , just send me the file thingo

(chookys drunk atm)

t

:^

Nice work, man! It's so hard to find a decent virtual piano, TruePianos sounds nice! It definitely has that Roland brightness. I have to recommend you try Pianissimo (also VST), I absolutely fell in love with it. There's a free trial that's well worth the download. For $80 USD, it's a steal. You play with a lot of expression, Pianissimo really treats an expressive performance nicely. It's not a replacement for TruePianos, it's a totally different feel. Some things work better with that nice Roland Grand sound. Thanks for the morning serenade!

Pianissimo: http://www.acoustica.com/pianissimo/
Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
Announcer mic check and forum thread.
http://soundcloud.com/voodoo-electron

Wow that was cool Samual, nice work!
<[-z-]> have you seen the documentary "happy"?
<Samual_> no
<Samual_> it sounds horrible

I'm taking my Grade 6 piano exam in two weeks. This sounds very nice :-)
I like doing Jazz improv.

You got some recordings to share? I would be very interested.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

nice stuff, very relaxing.

you play piano, too? Smile nice
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

Very nice Samual, kudos!
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Excellent job Samual! I really like it! Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fragmovies from other games- thread Smilecythe 25 24,805 04-23-2016, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Matuka
  Do you modify/make maps for games other than Xonotic? Harmata 7 8,737 10-07-2012, 01:58 AM
Last Post: Cyber Killer
  Things that Xonotic has that not many other FPS games do Lee_Stricklin 22 28,079 02-14-2011, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin