Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] demo file browser

A good idea would be to make selectable from the menu interface all .dem files contained into /demos directory, including all sub-directories in it.
Fat.bot.Slim

+1 for folder support!

just to be clear: I actually didn't mean a classical browsing window where you can select the folder you want to browse, then you select a demo file. It would be ideal, but I assumed that it would be too hard to implement and include in the current menu system.
I just meant: the list of the demos files which appears into the demo tab should be built by listing the files contained into the /demos folder and all its sub-directories.

Yeah I know, I know: this feature is an awesomely exciting feature to code for any talented xonotic coders...
but this would be usefull and take 5 mn to code Smile
Fat.bot.Slim

Hey, it wouldn't be an extremely hard thing to do for an aspiring QC programmer.

the support for subfolders is already there, just type repname/ in the filter area. For all subfolders, type */ or just /.

P.S. when the filter field is not used, the demo are searched using demos/*.dem.
When it's used, the pattern used is "demos/*" + filterString + "*.dem"

c:/ run HELPPPPPMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Smile

t

:^

Hmm, doom had only one demo, should be enough I think. However, demos should vary with every new version release I think.
"If your killer instincts are not clean and strong you will hesitate at the moment of truth. You will not kill. You will become dead marines and then you will be in a world of shit, because marines are not allowed to die without permission. Do you maggots understand?" - Gunnery Sergeant Hartman

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [DISCUSSION] IPFS File Hosting/Downloads? Antares* 5 4,793 07-15-2017, 11:21 PM
Last Post: Antares*
Video [SUGGESTION] Xonotic Demo Archive DauX 4 5,323 03-17-2014, 03:40 PM
Last Post: Samual
  [SUGGESTION] Subfolders for the demo menu Smilecythe 3 4,617 02-11-2014, 05:20 PM
Last Post: Mirio
  [SUGGESTION] demo jump back? Rage_ATWM 10 8,423 06-20-2012, 10:49 AM
Last Post: K__
  [SUGGESTION] Xonotic Benchmarking demo Exitium 3 4,867 11-23-2011, 07:55 AM
Last Post: Sarge999
  [SUGGESTION] text file viewer Leeloo 6 6,363 10-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Last Post: terencehill
  [SUGGESTION] built in demo recording controls soze 14 13,297 04-14-2010, 04:39 PM
Last Post: vbraun