Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] simple play script (*nix)

Rainbow 
hi,
I'm playing Xonotic almost every day since I've successfully understood how to compile it from git under debian.
Long story short, it's one of my favorite fps.

Well, I've this nice bash script in my homedir, that automates something.
(attached)

Just want to share this with you, hope someone likes it and/or wants to improve it in some way Smile

Attached Files
.txt   play-xonotic.txt (Size: 598 bytes / Downloads: 9)

For SDL + Linux you should add:
Code:
export SDL_VIDEO_X11_DGAMOUSE "0"
export SDL_VIDEO_X11_MOUSEACCEL "1/1"
Should disable mouse acceleration -> more stable aim.

What is fullup supposed to do? Reset everything? For this, there's ./all clean --reclone, with the advantage that it does not waste your bandwidth (and ours incidentally) by redownloading all the things that you already have.

Thanks guys...

@asy7um
I'll try those options
But.. are they needed during compiling or just while playing?

@Mr. Bougo
Actually i've redownloaded the whole archive a couple of times due to some compiling errors. Can't remenber these errors but doing the process in a new directory fixed the problem.
I didn't know the 'clean --reclone' thing. Script updated :)

Attached Files
.txt   play-xonotic.txt (Size: 388 bytes / Downloads: 1)

Still, reclone seems extremely excessive, it should only be used when everything else fails. The reason for that is that it deletes every unpushed branch that you might have locally, and all untracked files too. Very annoying if you don't expect it to happen.

Usually, ./all clean is the way to go, especially for compile errors where object files need to be cleaned up and the makefile misses them (which was the case with the cl_gecko error that popped up a lot). Ideally, you'd leave that out of your script to encourage fixing it manually. There's no magic, the optimal solution often depends on the problem.

Now that's just my two cents, it's your choice. I'm just making sure that you're aware of why reclone is aggressive and might have unpleasant outcomes.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Script for setting Linux dedicated server atomic.kidd 3 3,175 10-05-2019, 10:02 AM
Last Post: atomic.kidd
  [SUGGESTION] Play time bookmarking end user 1 3,147 03-25-2015, 05:45 PM
Last Post: -z-
  [SUGGESTION] Idea: Organize the qc gamecode as a script bundle, and auto-compile it at startup MirceaKitsune 9 10,496 03-21-2013, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Samual
  [SUGGESTION] A few simple tweaks rafallus 7 7,525 06-02-2012, 11:07 AM
Last Post: rafallus
  [SUGGESTION] Simple tweaks to improve bot AI rafallus 28 28,934 05-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Last Post: W4RP1G
  [SUGGESTION] A Simple Conversation Chryyz 52 53,285 02-08-2011, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Mirio
  [SUGGESTION] CTF Balancing on public servers with team play improvements Cinquero 15 16,960 09-08-2010, 08:19 AM
Last Post: Mirio
Bug [SUGGESTION] A Simple Pre-release? Fossiltalk 27 30,393 07-07-2010, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Fossiltalk
  [SUGGESTION] Convert LinCityNG maps to play in Xonotic. PineTrees 4 9,167 05-10-2010, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sepelio