Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
[SUGGESTION] Weapons function

You will need git.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

(07-14-2010, 01:41 PM)Roanoke Wrote:
(07-14-2010, 01:26 PM)Flying Steel Wrote: If you implement melee, you will be gods.
Yes, particularly if it is implemented well.
We are now gods.
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

It's fun but impractical, we keep using it in completely unsuited situations Tongue

hah! lols, i'v turned almost every weapon into a meat grinder in nexuiz, its really easy, you should tweek your ideas in nexuiz then submit the final result if you want a copy of the file you need to save your changes, just let me know

(04-04-2010, 05:25 PM)tZork Wrote: Are you happy with simply inheriting the gun as is from Nexuiz? Im not to hot on the idea, heres my suggestion. Id love to hear your ideas too!

Baseline is current release Nexuiz (not svn!)

General:
Guns have different armor pierce profiles (rather then current flat-rate)
More ammo types
More self-damage

Laser & Shotgun:
Merge those two by removing the shotty secondary and replacing it with "laser".
SG: good dmg, low AP
laser: low dmg, med AP

Machine gun & Camping rifle:
Merge. primary bullet span, secondary snipe.
Primary: low dmg & ap
Secondary: high dmg & ap. Headshot ignores ar.
Own ammo type

Grenade launcher:
Less radius on primary, slower refire on secondary, longer lifetime on secondary.
Medium dmg & ap
Own ammo type.

Crylink:
No negative force, instead make it take away from target velocity.
Medium dmg, low ap

Electro:
Slower rate of fire on both modes (specially secondary), 150-200% more combo damage.
medium-high(combo) dmg, medium ap

Rocket launcher & Hagar:
Merge or delete hagar. add detonate button instead of hogging rl secondary for it. rocket guidance off by default (make mutator).
High dmg, low ap
Own ammo type.

Nex gun:
Slower primary refire, less force, more damage, more ammo use.
Secondary half damage but double and inverted force.
Medium dmg, high ap

HLAC:
Higher base damage, Higher ROF, damage/force falloff (quite rapid) bu range. Fixed pattern secondary.
Very high dmg, very low ap

Fireball:
Make it look % feel more like a Plasma ball maybe?
Own ammo type.

I would like to graze this idea, I did a walk through xonotic and saw the mortar side sticks to the walls with a delay that I found interesting but in the players explodes instantly, my idea is that the grenade also adhere to the player and instead to explode instantly that a delay would also have something fun and interesting than you think? Smile

sorry I'm using the google translator is not inlges Blush

i think that there should be a battery charged weapon. i've been working on some models with blender, and made some pretty nice looking ones. also, being the "SFXMaster" i have made some samples for the guns as well.

add a giant cock gun that shoots cum everywhere and deals massive damage

I wholeheartedly agree with the most points above (is that a dev's point of view? is it fianl or official?) except for a couple points.

1)The Crylink
It looks like the (in)famous Flak Cannon. Here's what I'd change:
a)Remove secondary as it is now
b)Make the "low spread mode" the secondary mode.
c)Change the model a bit to look more like a flak type of weapon
d)Reflect the difference between spread modes in the model, namely, have a kind of "shutter" (see point c)) that would control the flow of the particles. Open the shutter more for the close range (primary mode) shots and less for the secondary mode shots.

2)The Electro
There was an amazing idea to make a lightning gun of it.
a)Similar to the Q3A Lightning in primary mode.
b)Could home the light ray a bit on the target (follow the target like the Link Gun in UT3 does in certain fire modes.)
c)Possibly limit the effective distance.
d)Secondary fire mode (if any) could look like this:
--d.1)Slow recharging hitscan splash damage electric blast
--d.2)(Crazy idea) Point, hold down the RMB, the power of the blast depends on the charge time. Max 3-5 seconds. (?)

What do you think?

I sincerely hope this does *not* get lost in the (seemingly absurd Tongue) traffic of this forum.

Regards,
--Loki aka LIghtning III

P.S. Please, share your opinion on this proposal. Devs especially welcome. I'm saying this because for some unknown reason most of my posts on *any* forum get ignored (fatality???). Thank you.

The posts above are older than 0.1, so the balance talk there is pretty outdated. Also there is a new balance (compated to 0.1) now, which is almost fine.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Ignore function for messages emesde 9 9,067 04-27-2021, 07:36 PM
Last Post: sfkyale
  [SUGGESTION] Limited weapon slots & customizable spawn weapons MirceaKitsune 38 34,484 09-14-2014, 04:19 AM
Last Post: end user
  [SUGGESTION] Community Design Workshop: singleplayer weapons tutorial s1lence 4 7,583 07-03-2013, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mirio
  [SUGGESTION] Real Weapons Miguel 27 26,808 11-16-2012, 09:55 PM
Last Post: HellYeah
Star [SUGGESTION] New ammo type for hitscan weapons s1lence 18 19,396 10-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Anti Vehicles Weapons philosphy Majki 10 10,253 04-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Last Post: freefang
  [SUGGESTION] Cut down on the number of weapons poVoq 109 93,513 02-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Last Post: s1lence
  [SUGGESTION] Decrease amount of carryable weapons? Sarge999 38 37,955 11-24-2011, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Sarge999
  [SUGGESTION] 5 secs respawn for weapons as default lda17h 15 15,810 11-22-2011, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  [SUGGESTION] Projectiles/weapons fire match player color Lee_Stricklin 6 7,854 06-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Last Post: emrys merlin