Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[NEEDS INFO] xonotic + intel graphics card doesn't function but Nexuiz does

Exclamation 
Having chatted to Samual about this issue, and having spent a few hours trawling through the code, I was wondering whether anyone else has more information on this subject. I attach output from Nexuiz (which runs and works fine) and output from a git clone and update of xonotic which doesn't run.

When running Xonotic, I see the title screen just fine, but after approx. 3 seconds the screen goes blank (except for a VERY faint 'watermark') and the CPU maxes out.

My system is Linux (Vector)
My Graphics card is 00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0c)

and the rest of the info should be in the attached files...

Attached Files
.txt   nexuiz_output.txt (Size: 13.66 KB / Downloads: 4)
.txt   output.txt (Size: 32.5 KB / Downloads: 5)

You appear to be using SDL with Nexuiz and GLX with Xonotic.

Experiment with these
./nexuiz-linux-sdl.sh
./nexuiz-linux-glx.sh

./all run sdl
./all run glx

You can also add '-safe' to the command wiki details, which disables the usage of every goody a graphic card offers.
./nexuiz-linux-sdl.sh -safe
./nexuiz-linux-glx.sh -safe

./all run sdl -safe
./all run glx -safe

I play Nexuiz with a Intel 4500MHD card on Ubuntu 10.04 using a few tweaks (r_fullbright 1 r_sky 0) and get 40+ fps and no other issues but when I tried Xonotic I had issues with textures not showing up due some texture compression (S3TC DDS? idk) that the 4500 couldn't do either because the drivers didn't support it or the card it self not sure which. Never had Nexuiz or Xonotic just not run to some extent though, weird.
<[-z-]> have you seen the documentary "happy"?
<Samual_> no
<Samual_> it sounds horrible

If it is because of texture compression issues, you can blame the USA for having software patents. Your intel chip is perfectly capable of decoding S3TC.

The option -nos3tc, passed to the engine, should force software decoding at lower res. Or, you can use a build without any DDS files at all:

http://beta.xonotic.org/autobuild/Xonoti...st-low.zip

Username: xonotic, Pass: g-23
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

Also, if you live in a country that doesn't execute you for using patented algorithms to access hardware you paid for: you can install the libtxc_dxtn library, which will enable S3TC support in Mesa.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] cl_gunalign doesn't seem to work on some servers/maps Aguaumreal 2 2,494 09-10-2019, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Aguaumreal
  [BUG] Rebound "R" key, still occasionally does "team say" anyways Cynical 2 1,735 06-27-2019, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Cynical
  [NEED HELP] NetRadiant doesn't compile on Mac nokko 3 2,705 03-29-2019, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Freddy
  [BUG] The game seems doesn't recognize virtual 7.1 noctiveqc 2 2,152 02-17-2019, 02:10 AM
Last Post: martin-t
  [BUG] Graphics become really choppy and laggy on Level 18 Daklota 1 2,360 11-05-2018, 06:33 AM
Last Post: martin-t
  [NEED HELP] XUbuntu playing with drivers and now Xonotic doesn't start Bla1 9 6,014 05-15-2018, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Bla1
Exclamation [SOLVED] Graphics issues on Intel Kaby Lake (HD630) hardware on Linux cefiar 9 9,475 04-19-2018, 02:42 AM
Last Post: cefiar
  [NEED HELP] Can see other players, but not map teratorn 5 3,025 02-15-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: teratorn
Photo [NEED HELP] When in game, the guns keep firing, sometimes doesn't fire when pointed at a target. U1Y5Y5 3 3,365 09-12-2017, 01:28 PM
Last Post: SpiKe
  [BUG] xonotic-maps ebuild does not compile ZyX 0 2,178 05-01-2017, 10:10 PM
Last Post: ZyX