Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DM]Bleach b2

Do mappers get a source to play with and improve?

If I knew how to map I would take on the "fix Bleach" challenge. Instead I'll have to rely on expert mappers like Cortez66.

Long live King Cortez666.

... we could make this a contest.... hmm....

ok ... I've taken a look at it...

I played thsi new version and the original strait from nexuiz 1.5 (you can still download it from sourceforge) I played (although had no-one to play with) both maps within their respective games.

First Addressing the health and armor issue. Nexuiz 1.5 only had 2 sizes of health and armors (not 4 like the current)

Second I've heard yu say this would be good for tdm ... well ... back in nexuiz 1.5 game type is linked with the map (you can only play a dm map as dm) and this map is (suprise suprise) a tdm map.

Third There are some problems with the map in radiant ... some tiles dont fit the grid .. ect... but acutally it didn't look that bad (this is judging from the nexuiz version) cant say about this new one cause somebody didn't post the source.

Final notes ... somewhere along the line the mg was swapped out as a second hagar .. but this map doesn't look right in xonotic retextured... it needs to be remade. (idk how old evel space is .... but it has TONS of remakes)

edit ... seems i was wrong about stormkeep being the only map that made it ... it seems Aneurysm ... runningman ... downer ... and what is now called newtonian nightmare .. have all seen retextures and remakes of various qualities

Don't forget to turn down the ambient sounds in Bleach!

1) i used the 2.5.2 source of bleach.

2) i did NOT changed the item layout

3) i only changed a few brushes in the electro area.

4) if you dont like it hutty, why dont you do it yourself?
4.a) if you dont like the remakes why dont you make your own?
4.b) there is exactly one remake of evilspace

5) the ambient sounds are in nexuiz.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

(02-14-2012, 12:37 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: 3) i only changed a few brushes in the electro area.

5) the ambient sounds are in nexuiz.

What do you mean by brushes, is a brush the same as a texture? I assume the map must trigger the sounds, will the sound entity have have volume and area values?

1 ... ok i'll check that version
2 ... I know you didn't (with exception of MG which looks like it has been done by someone else)
3 ... ok
4 ... I never said I didn't like it. In fact the textures you chose do fit very well for a retexture of this map... however ... the geometry in this map is very very old (it doesn't have any models or patch meshes ... does it?) and dosn't have enough detail for a xonotic map.

4a ... I never said I dissliked remakes ... what I dislike are retextures... ... seeing as you are dropping this project anyways ... I will attempt to do a remake
4b... yes I did exaggerate .. but I do see 3 evilspace maps on the wiki

5... I like the ambient sounds

... and I guess xoylent needs to be added to my list of remakes

I didn't mean to offend you, I actually do appreciate you work ... I just got a little carried away........ . . . . . . . . . .

(02-14-2012, 01:27 PM)Spaceman Wrote: What do you mean by brushes, is a brush the same as a texture?
nope, a brush is like like a cube. the standard is 6 sides and you can apply textures to each side.

(02-14-2012, 01:27 PM)Spaceman Wrote: I assume the map must trigger the sounds, will the sound entity have have volume and area values?

they just have location values and no volume
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

apparently I underestimated the complexity of this map...

I decided to start remaking it by tearing it down and replacing what was with the simplest geometry possible ... what Cortex666 said about being scaled weird is right all the shapes DO follow the grid ... but each at its own scale. The brush work is amazingly complicated almost every brush is clipped multiple times with diagonals zig zagging everywhere (and there ARE a couple patch meshes)

After looking at this I have to congratulate Cortez on the progress he did make ... and I also now somewhat understand why he is dropping it.

I have decided that i will not be remaking this ... for anything I make could not match the complexity there currently is.

Actually you just have to look at the brush counter (3258) and you see that it´ll be very complex to remake this map. If I had too much time (heh, that´ll probably be never the case Tongue) then I would pick this project up.

if you do ... have fun repainting a picasso

Big Grin FIRST, I will finish my current project, after that we´ll see...

Current project... Come on Maddin, give us a clue!

Look at the "Screenshots of what you´re doing" thread, I already posted my work there.

//end offtopic

http://ompldr.org/vZTF5Mg/bleach-b2.pk3

fixed the 2 non-visable brush issues and changed the item placement (2 mega armors and 1 mega health)

Has anyone realised what Bleach looks like from above? Lol!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

yes i've noticed ... ... (one of the reasons I didn't whant to remake it ... its kinda ... um ...) ...

anyways ... nice to see your still working on it cortez

Finally got around to messing around with the new version of this and right now my only complaint is that is now lit up. In my opinion Bleach is a map that looks best dark. With that said, I think the lighting should only be cranked up only slightly over the first beta, just enough to reveal some detail that was otherwise unnoticeable.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Yes, please make bleach darker than it is in b2.

Somebody still playing this one? Feel nostalgic about it Tongue

http://bleach.primehentai.com/
http://bleach.primehentai.com/gallery/

oh boy. this map is not really fixable any more. There is some stuff that needs to be rebuild in order to texture it properly. 
Gameplay also needs to be adjusted.
Lights need a complete overhaul.