Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with music producing!

Hey guys, my band problebly gonna start record our music after christmas
and we need one program that we can use to mix all are riffs, beats and
screams together. It also would be nice if someone can tell about a software
were its possible to create ambient/calm music in. It would be nice to mix
my bands heavy djent riffs with some calm stuff, it would be awesome Big Grin.

I hope someone here can help, it would be more then thankfull.

Buy or if you're desperately poor illegally download FL studio if you want to master and add VST effects to your recording. Movie makers can do the trick as well, you often see the "sound waves" there which makes it easy to put sounds in sync as long as they're all in same BPM. I'd pick the second if I'd be fine with just adding the sounds together.

(12-22-2011, 06:57 AM)Smilecythe Wrote: Buy or if you're desperately poor illegally download FL studio if you want to master and add VST effects to your recording. Movie makers can do the trick as well, you often see the "sound waves" there which makes it easy to put sounds in sync as long as they're all in same BPM. I'd pick the second if I'd be fine with just adding the sounds together.

Thx I'll try that out, I dont think I can afford the "Producer Edition" but if the "Fruity Edtion" works well, then I buy it. Thx for the help ! Big Grin

ableton live , but your going to have to study it , like any programme.

remember its not what you use , its what you do with it.

early bands didnt have computers , and yet they still sounded awesome (i know! wtf!)

t

:^

(12-22-2011, 08:53 AM)chooksta Wrote: ableton live , but your going to have to study it , like any programme.

remember its not what you use , its what you do with it.

early bands didnt have computers , and yet they still sounded awesome (i know! wtf!)

t

:^

I'll check that one out too, and yes you dont need a software, but we
kinda does. You see from the beginning of our band we were 5 people...
now we are 2 and a a half. The half one is the drummer, he is in the band
and plays drums. But his drum set is broken and he priority playing mw2
before the band, he also is very unseriouse then we are training. The
other thing is that we need at least 2 guitarist, 2 vocalists, 1 bassist,
and of course the drummer. And it does not damage us if we are even
more. And we dont now how to find people that wanna join the band, so
we decided to record and mix our music instead, and then we play live
we can hire guitarists and a vocalist. Soo that why I am searching for a
good software. Thx anyway! Big Grin

One program I can definitely recommend is Linux MultiMedia Studio. It's free and, despite it's name, runs on Windows too. It's compatible with MIDI and has a whole lot of different synthesizers and whatnot.

From the site:

Quote:LMMS is a free cross-platform alternative to commercial programs like FL Studio®, which allow you to produce music with your computer. This includes the creation of melodies and beats, the synthesis and mixing of sounds, and arranging of samples. You can have fun with your MIDI-keyboard and much more; all in a user-friendly and modern interface.

Hope this helps Smile
[Image: sigdammit2.png]

Reaper is free: http://www.reaper.fm/

Well not really free, there is a nag screen at start and that's about it. If you like it, you pay 60$ to get rid of nag screen, there is no other difference with free and paid version. It's an amazing app, the routing possibilities are pretty much without limit. The midi aspect lacks a bit IMO (not in features, but in ease of use), but for recording/editing/mixing it doesn't get any better than Reaper.

Ableton Live is the most fun for creativity and how quickly you can work of any music app I've used, but it's not cheap and not the best for recording/editing.

(12-22-2011, 02:18 PM)nifrek Wrote: Reaper is free: http://www.reaper.fm/

Well not really free, there is a nag screen at start and that's about it. If you like it, you pay 60$ to get rid of nag screen, there is no other difference with free and paid version. It's an amazing app, the routing possibilities are pretty much without limit. The midi aspect lacks a bit IMO (not in features, but in ease of use), but for recording/editing/mixing it doesn't get any better than Reaper.

Ableton Live is the most fun for creativity and how quickly you can work of any music app I've used, but it's not cheap and not the best for recording/editing.

I'll check that one out, thx Big Grin

(12-22-2011, 12:18 PM)shnbwmn Wrote: One program I can definitely recommend is Linux MultiMedia Studio. It's free and, despite it's name, runs on Windows too. It's compatible with MIDI and has a whole lot of different synthesizers and whatnot.

From the site:

Quote:LMMS is a free cross-platform alternative to commercial programs like FL Studio®, which allow you to produce music with your computer. This includes the creation of melodies and beats, the synthesis and mixing of sounds, and arranging of samples. You can have fun with your MIDI-keyboard and much more; all in a user-friendly and modern interface.

Hope this helps Smile

Nice, I'll that one looks awesome and its open-source Big Grin

Reaper's a really good one for what you guys are trying to do. It's super easy to learn too.
Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
Announcer mic check and forum thread.
http://soundcloud.com/voodoo-electron

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ideas about downloading music from Youtube AmericoMcClure 9 4,999 09-02-2023, 04:55 PM
Last Post: oblector
  Need recommendatons for best wireless PC gaming mice and keyboards for Linux CyberGhost 5 1,041 01-29-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
  [NEED HELP] I need Assistance to complete my research paper vahidtoon 2 3,663 08-04-2017, 02:33 AM
Last Post: vahidtoon
  Help me choose new domain name Ch4mp 23 15,766 07-01-2016, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Ch4mp
  Making Music kojn^ 13 13,622 11-25-2015, 04:34 PM
Last Post: VertX
  Need help identifying a part Lee_Stricklin 9 10,143 04-13-2015, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  Got a netbook, need an OS for it Lee_Stricklin 25 29,919 05-21-2014, 07:57 AM
Last Post: Pendulla
  Help liberate ROTC:Ethernet poVoq 8 7,256 02-01-2014, 01:00 PM
Last Post: poVoq
Video unfa goin' crazy: "Split Scat" (a really short music video) unfa 3 6,997 11-02-2013, 11:41 AM
Last Post: unfa
Question Help finding a song The mysterious Mr. 4m 1 3,309 10-10-2013, 12:28 PM
Last Post: Mirio